Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

Poll: What type of pressure washing rig do you use?

What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?  

618 members have voted

1. 1. What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?

• Trailer Mounted
    • Portable Gas
    • Portable Electric
    • Truck or Van Mounted
    • Other

Question

Hi, I was just looking to see what type of pressure washer you guys use - Portable pressure washer , Trailer mounted rig, Box van/ truck mounted, or other.

I have a trailer mounted rig (delco 5.5gpm hot water) with 525 gallon tank, and I also have a portable 13hp 4gpm cold machine. I've been thinking lately, I do mostly house washing and decks, I usually pull my 18 foot pressure washing trailer. For most, if not all my jobs, I could just use the portable 13hp pressure washer. Do most you guys have trailer rigs, or just use a portable pressure washer?

I'm actually thinking of just selling the whole trailer mounted rig, and keeping my portable 13hp 4gpm machine, x jet, nozzles, wand, chemicals, ladder and just using it. Its kind of a pain to lug around a 18 foot trailer and back into some tight places, not to mention the extra wear on the truck, and decreased fuel milage. What do you guys think? Sell it or keep it? I know its nice to have 5.5gpm and the hot water, but I just don't seem to do a lot of concrete cleaning where I need the hot water.

Thanks, Matt

174 answers to this question

hydro tec 8gpm 4000 psi maybe its a 6 gallon ....not sure

skid mount on trailer

1 hose reel

275 galllon tank

diesel/kero heater

generator

floodlights

small junky pressure washer for chemical application

tandem axle trailer with brakes

truck box on tongue of trailer

chemical tank racks

custom bent exhaust

working on buying another machine but this one truck mounted

in business for 4 years

in North Georgia

EVEN during the drought

I have a trailer mounted rig

6'x12' 225gallon water tank a 55gallon and a 165 gallon chemical tank. 300feet of high pressure hose, 75 feet of water hose, 300 feet of low pressure hose,

The motor is a 20HP honda, with a 8gallon per minute general pump. I also have a flowjet motor for low pressure chemical spray. I had a hot water heater, but i took it off, because i never use it.

I bought mine from Amazing Machinery. 21hp vanguard with comet pump. 6gpm, 4000psi. on a 10ft trailer with a horizontal burner and 225 gal tank. I bought the startup package you can see on the web site. It has about 500 hrs on it now, mainly deck work and flat work. I like the dual lance wand for wood work. I have added to it and have 450ft of pressure hose, 250ft of craftsman rubber garden hose and a 24" surface cleaner along with the 20" whisper wash. And a little more plumbing. I use a home made chemical applicator made from a big wheeled handtruck, 15gal drum, marine battery and 5gpm delevan pump and 60ft of hose. Use an X-jet a lot, too. I run an f250 regular cab with ladder rack and a lot of junk in the bed. I carry ladders from 6ft to 40ft and do everything from gutter and window cleaning to decks and docks and commercial flat work. Wood is my specialty and favorite work.

My first rig is mounted inside a 6x10.It is a portable but is mounted.The unit is 5 foot long pumps 1250psi at 3.5 gpm has an AR pump 2 hp Baldor motor all belt driven with a 2 gallon float tank.This rig cleans from cold to hot to pure steam.I use it for exhaust hood cleaning.Now my other rig is a 3000psi at 6gpm portable.This rig has an 794cc Briggs a boat fuel tank and is belt driven.This rig is about 25years old and still runs like a top good brick/surface machine.I use a 4x8 trailer with a 275 gallon tank for this rig.All pulled by a Chevy with a 496 big block 2500hd crew cab short bed 45 gallon fuel tank Allison transmission.Need this truck since i live in the mtns.Can pull where i want to go.

Edited by cleanhoods

I use a 5gpm h/w unit that used to be on my trailer.

I since "semi-retired" the open trailer and purchased an E350 van

(short school bus) to be like a maxi van.

I needed to secure my equipment and save my vehicle.

what a difference to haul every thing .

I still utilize the trailer to this date for specialized work, and when a bus is inappropriate, and it keeps you up and running when the main vehicle goes down...........I manage to keep 2 totes of water, 200ft supply, 350ft press.

several guns and my reclaim unit with a 90 gal tank. Its still a work in progress because i keep changing, moving things around.

I'm looking forward to install my 8gpm diesel unit and remove the 5 gpm which runs on gas.

If i can tie in the fuel line to the fuel tank of the bus, that'll be sweet, no more filling units , just the bus!!!

Hope this helps with your decision

my two cents for what its worth.

Ron

I have everything on an open trailer but want to get a flatbed truck.

Too often a helper does not have experience driving while pulling a trailer and cannot back up the trailer or turn too good.

When I go to flatbed truck, if they have a license, they can drive it.

Some of the houses I go and clean are in cul-de-sac's and a lot of times have very small ends and sharp turns to get out or turn around. Another good reason for a flatbed truck.

I am thinking of 12' or 14' bed so I can move everything off the trailer and put it on the truck.

Superior Power Washing

Chris Chappell

361-853-2513

Exterior House Cleaning in Corpus Christi Texas

Cleaning Concrete Driveways Sidewalks and Walkways in Corpus Christi Texas

I am not looking to go into pressure washing business but just bought a unit to use at our restaurant. The guys at Delco set me up with a used Rk 41 3000psi@4.8gpm heated unit and a 24" surface cleaner. I have it sitting on a 18' car hauler and fixing to pick up 2 275gal totes from a friend.

I currently have an open trailer mounted set up 4.5 gpm, hot water,325 tank, but I am considering a flat bed set up similar to what a lot of the roof guys use. I guess there are pluses and minuses to both, just don't like pulling a trailer.

I have an open dual axle trailer mounted washer, 18 hp Vanguard, 4.8 gpm with 3000 psi, 12 volt hot box, 2 100' reel mounted hoses and 500 gallon water tank.

Pulled by a Dodge diesel 1 ton.

Edited by CedarSam

I currently have an open trailer mounted set up 4.5 gpm, hot water,325 tank, but I am considering a flat bed set up similar to what a lot of the roof guys use. I guess there are pluses and minuses to both, just don't like pulling a trailer.

I'm thinking, if the truck don't start one morning, you can borrow one to hook the trailer up to and never miss a beat.

post-4486-137772258096_thumb.jpg

I have an Alkota 5355J- 5 GPM cold/hot water and 4 GPM e Pro-Series cold wash. Both have electric starts. Wonder how much of a difference an 8 GPM will make with flat surface cleaning?

We have a 14 ft trailer custom. We had to have our designed especially for Garage Cleaning. We had two engineers , one from Stanford the other from England, to help design our hydraulic system. We have a 3.3 liter turbo diesel as the main power plant. Trailer was designed to handle 6,000 lbs every 3 ft. suspended off the ground. Our suspension is a rubber ride axles custom ordered to our specs. two 9 k axles with no springs.

I've got a Mi-T-m HDS series Hot/Cold/Steam (Gas)and (Diesel) 5GPM 3000 PSI 21 Horse Vanguard in a 4x8 enclosed trailer with front opening to access my controls and double doors rear,Great for ventilation.

Exhaust mounted to burner exhaust with a insulated pipe threw the roof.

Great rig.

Also a 3700 Psi Cold Pressure 13 horse Gtx Honda 3GPM, for when i don't feel like hauling my enclosed trailer around... Hmm no tanks as of yet! will be getting that for my birthday.. I hope...

Edited by krypt

I clicked on other because this spring I'll have my trailer hooked up. Just a basic open trailer right now. still using portable. After being broke into now i dont want an open trailer, lol!!!

Yep I bought a new machine.. It is a pressure pro 3000@5gpm 2400 watt generator , 110volt Beckett Burner.. Taking it on it's first job This morning.. I will take photos .. I still ahve the Whitco 3000@4 that I am thinking about selling ..

Hey Russ nice rig .. We have the same vac unit .. but ours has about 20 foot of hose as we use it inside a hospitol to clean tile floors.. So out of all those machines which one do you use the most ...?? Also it's a good thing you have a Ford I dont think a Cheby would pull it.. LOL

Edited by JohnB