Sign in to follow this  
PLD

Politics still, but not gas prices

Question

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this scenario? Not the supposed infraction itself, but the protocol of who watches who.

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14 (UPI) -- A former NSA employee said Tuesday there is another ongoing top-secret surveillance program that might have violated millions of Americans' Constitutional rights.

Russell D. Tice told the House Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations he has concerns about a "special access" electronic surveillance program that he characterized as far more wide-ranging than the warrentless wiretapping recently exposed by the New York Times but he is forbidden from discussing the program with Congress.

Tice said he believes it violates the Constitution's protection against unlawful search and seizures but has no way of sharing the information without breaking classification laws. He is not even allowed to tell the congressional intelligence committees - members or their staff - because they lack high enough clearance.

Neither could he brief the inspector general of the NSA because that office is not cleared to hear the information, he said.

17 answers to this question

That, and if congress is out of the loop who is watching the executive branch?

And if the info is too high security for the inspector gen of the NSA, exactly who does have clearance?

Im sorry, but Im the trusting sort. I beleive that if your not doing anything wrong, the govmnt is going to pay attention to you. I know, some times the little guy gets caught up in something and gets railroaded, but I beleive it really is rare. Most of the time the guy you read about who swears innocence, isn't. very few people are in the wrong place at the wrong time accidentally. they put themselves there.

like with wiretapping, you really think the guvmnt really has time to listen to your calls to your mamma? but if your call is to your mamma in Iran, why not listen. if your call is innocent, I doubt theyll be knocking at your door.

Wake up!

The government is not the real power! The agenda is to subvert the constitution and impose a police state.

Have fun with that...

Rod!~

You are always trying to start trouble Rod, why dont you just sit back and relax like me LOL But let me tell you all something ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Im sorry, but Im the trusting sort.

I'm not the black helicoper type, but as a rule I NEVER trust anyone who's life's ambition is to have authority over mass numbers of people.

if your call is to your mamma in Iran, why not listen. if your call is innocent, I doubt they'll be knocking at your door.

Why not listen? Let me count the ways

1. Because I am an American Citizen and the Constitution protects me from warrantless searches.

2. Because every two bit tyrant on the planet uses the argument that "if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear..." (See Pascal's Gambit)

3. Because the conversations my mother and I have are private and personal.

4. Because the fear of being overheard is the first step in implementing an authoritarian governement where neighbors rat out neighbors for to avoid disfavors on themselves (Russia up to 1989, Germany - WWII, USA - McCarthy era)

Finally, read very carefully what you said.

- IF my call is innocent <- What leads you to believe it is not? Do you have any evidence to support your theory? Or are you just going to allow a witch hunt to proceed because you are a member of the "in" crowd?

- I DOUBT they'll be knocking at your door. <-- You doubt. But you don't know that for certain. If it were you, you MIGHT be concerned about the tiny possibility of being throw in jail w/o a lawyer, but it's not your door.

I'm pretty right wing, but stuff like this makes me want to go join the ACLU....

Trust the government, they are here to serve and protect us. Now shut up and finish your soilent green!

mmmm! tasty stuff! try it with peanut butter.

Trust the government, they are here to serve and protect us. Now shut up and finish your soilent green!

I havent seen the flick in years and every once in a while I just say soilent green is PEOPLE funny great flick

Who was the big star in that flick

JL

Trust the government

I don't trust that which feels compelled to lie, manipulate or mislead except that it will continue to do it to serve itself and never the people of whom it was designed initially to represent. There is nothing to substantiate any of it for any reason.

Rod!~