Sign in to follow this  
Tom DeFrancesco

Suggestions on which HOT PW to purchase

Question

43 answers to this question

Looking to buy a HOT WATER PW. Anyone have suggestions on the most popular and/or reliable and who to purchase it from ??? Will be mounted in a truck.

I hear Landa is a good unit. I have a Pressure Pro and am happy and its reasonably priced. Other know more about hot units than me.

I Have 3 Hydrotek's....2 3000 Psl and A 4000Psi....The Only Thing I Have Done to Maintanance 'Em Is Change Oil...Filters and a Basic Tune Up!!! But Also Im Only Been Doing This 4 a Total of 4 Years! So U Better ask Beth & Some Of The Pros In This Site!!!!

All I've ran is Hotsy and Landa they are both a bit higher in price than most but they are great units. I highly recommend them.

do you use any of the hotsy chems? if so which ones?

I love my Mit M, better priced than most. Have only had it one season but for half of what a hotsy costs, I am very happy. the important thing I would guess is a good pump, good burner and good engine. the rest is a cage and some hoses.

Hydroblaster makes a really nice unit, really good quality and well engineered with Kohler engines and General pumps. Aladdin also makes a nice unit and Espec has their skid on sale CHEAP, with a lot of modifications for performance.

Tom,

Since your from NY You could call Vinnie from Industrial equipment and tell him I sent you. He's located out of LI NY. He has a nice place where he sells equipment. I had a roundtable meeting there a couple of years ago. His phone number should be on his website www.indequipment.com

Good Luck

Thank you everyone. John, I will check him out. I want to stay somewhat in our area just for the fact that if there are any warranty problems I could bring it right back and not have to worry about shipping a 500 lb machine somewhere. A-1 Hydrotek in Westchester is an authorized Landa dealer. They are trying to sell me a 16 hp vanguard belt driven 3500/4.7 skid with a Landa pump, sched 80 coil for $6700. Adjustable thermo is xtra. Anygood ???

Hydrotek or Pressure Pro gets my vote. I sell both and one of my wash rigs has a Hydrotek Ultimate Line - 24 hp Honda, generator, and cat pump. I would go with at least a 5.5 gal./min. and you should be able to get one for that price WITH the adjustable thermostat.

Thank you everyone. John, I will check him out. I want to stay somewhat in our area just for the fact that if there are any warranty problems I could bring it right back and not have to worry about shipping a 500 lb machine somewhere. A-1 Hydrotek in Westchester is an authorized Landa dealer. They are trying to sell me a 16 hp vanguard belt driven 3500/4.7 skid with a Landa pump, sched 80 coil for $6700. Adjustable thermo is xtra. Anygood ???

That's the guys that I use, It's actually A-1 Hydro (no tek). They are pretty good about selling you a machine, but they are expensive for all the bullshit. I'll call you on Thursday, and we can talk about what you want to get. I bought from them originally because I wanted someone close in case it broke down.

p.s. I'm running that machine at 6 gpm and it has the thermostat! we can get together and you can see my set up.

I hear Landa is a good unit. I have a Pressure Pro and am happy and its reasonably priced. Other know more about hot units than me.

I have the 8gpm 120v Pressurepros hot water skid, and I love it. It's only 8 months old, but it has given me no problems other than the stupid choke sticking on me at 11:30 at night last week, with no tools!!! LOL! Just a result of being on an open trailer. Fixed it in 5 minutes once I was able to get the air cleaner off!

I paid less than that for an 8gpm belt driven 3500/8gpm skid with a General pump, sched. 80 coil, 24hp Honda and a 120v 2000 watt generator. Adjustable water up to 210 I beleive, nice machine. Very happy with it.

James, Your right. It's A-1 Hydro. Typo on my part. I left you a message last night on your phone with my cell. Call whenever you get the chance. Mike, that sounds like you get alot more for your money. I will look them up.

Sounds like a nice machine, but a few people said Honda motors over 13hp are not very good. They are telling me Vanguard or kohler. Any truth to this matter ???

I've heard the same about Vanguard and Kohler. It's like pickups...everyone has their preference, and the others are substandard. LOL!

I have both a 24hp honda and an 18hp Vanguard. The honda hasn't given me any trouble, and the vanguard is my 2nd motor...the first blew and oil seal and froze up...oil senser didn't work. This one has been a workhorse tho.

I visit a friend who owns a shop where they repair motors all day long. He has both the same amount of all makes of engines.

I also visit a Honda dealer who sells nothing but Honda Pressure washers and other Honda engine equipment. He is always backed up with engine repair.

Then we visit another vendor who sells nothing but B&S motors and he is the same as all backed up for repairs

Now when you ask all of these what the biggest problem is they all conclude to maintenance. Most contractors put their machines away with same gas and oil from the year before and then just fire them up. They also do not check fluid or change fluids. They run the machines into the ground. Even when the motors overheat from not having proper ventilation or changing air filters and other they will still start them up again, just to get the last bit of the job cleaned without searching for the cause in the beginning. The same with pumps many will just cavitate them to death without checking the feed source. Maintenance of any machine is crucial to its survival. I have lawnmowers from years and years agao that still run perfect today and this also includes all of my ohter machines. I do the required maintenance and beyond what the instructions that come with said equipment recommend (which most will just throw away).

Dave i definately agree with your philosophy. You must maintain your equipment. I guess it comes down to just making a commonsense decision. NOT as easy as it seems. Since getting more involved with pressure washing all I see and hear about is GPM. Dealers are telling me you do not need as much GPM when it is a hot machine. I am having a hard time beleiving this though. I could be wrong. I'm still learning this business.

Dave i definately agree with your philosophy. You must maintain your equipment. I guess it comes down to just making a commonsense decision. NOT as easy as it seems. Since getting more involved with pressure washing all I see and hear about is GPM. Dealers are telling me you do not need as much GPM when it is a hot machine. I am having a hard time beleiving this though. I could be wrong. I'm still learning this business.

Well I am a dealer and have had a pressure cleaning bus. for over 6 years and the more GPM the better. You just need to have a flow unloader on it so you can set the pressure at say 3500 (example) and the rest of the water will bypass back into the tank in case you have water supply problems (customers water won't keep up). I am building a 11 gpm unit for my rig (if I ever get time to work on it anyway).

You just need to have a flow unloader on it so you can set the pressure at say 3500 (example) and the rest of the water will bypass back into the tank in case you have water supply problems

Huh? Once you set the flow type unloader, at whatever your machine is rated for, that's where it stays (or should stay). The only way it is bypassing back to the tank is if the pressure goes above the setting level. The water is either in or out of bypass, but not both (unless you're having unloader problems).

Are you sure you're not thinking of a pressure type unloader? Those you can adjust pressure (and flow).

Whoa, $$$. Call Don Phelps "The Roof Guru"? I bought my 20hp 3500psi 5.6gpm with stainless steel heater for alot less than that.

ISYHTRAH