Sign in to follow this  
PLD

New website: Comments please!

I really like it. Simple design well executed. My suggestion is to keep with your theme of all in one frame/no scrolling pages. If you are going to list links for " our services" make them each a little page instead of all pointing to the same landing and having that page look out place because you have to scroll down to read it all.

Did I explain that right?

I really like it. Simple design well executed. My suggestion is to keep with your theme of all in one frame/no scrolling pages. If you are going to list links for " our services" make them each a little page instead of all pointing to the same landing and having that page look out place because you have to scroll down to read it all.

Did I explain that right?

Yes. That was a quickie page. BUT, it does illustrate one important SEO point. All on one page is good for SEO (KW rich). All on seperate pages is good for humans. Somewhere in between lies the optimum delivery. For my pet business FAQ pages, I try very hard to have both. A big index that points to lots of independent pages.

Looks good. Now you just need to get listed in my directory and get linked. :)

http://www.pressurewashingusa.com

Request submitted. Great idea, BTW.

Out of curiousity, do you know that Google has you as a 0 out of 10? You should work on getting some of your article content on the index page (see my coment to Ken), and getting that "Meat" closer to the home page. Next, post commentary (with a link) in lots of places like blogs, discussion forums, etc. A 3of10 is the minimum for a traffic'd site to be recognized as a real entity.

I may not be a PW guru, but I'm pretty savvy with the SERP's.

Please take a look at http://www.PowerHouseClean.com and offer your opinions, sugestions, etc. I'm thick skinned (and a capitalist pig), so don't be bashful. If you seriously think it'll make me more money, then feel free to suggest that I'm too ugly to be on the site.

....some of those photos look really familiar....

Beth

....some of those photos look really familiar....

Beth

If you see anything that looks familiar, please PM me with a location, link, etc.. Either I goofed, or someone else did. There should only be 100% original images on my site.

Guys,

I just got a PM from Celeste, and it's quite a few images. Apparently there is a problem at my end with image storage. I've contacted all that I am aware of. However, if you find any images on my website that are not mine, please PM me and I'll get them down asap.

My apologies, after awhile all vinyl siding just starts to look alike...

Philip

Another thing, on the public recognition portion of your website the bottom two adds of the citizen newspaper are exactly the same except different dates. Did they run the same add twice or is this a mistake on the site?

Another thing, on the public recognition portion of your website the bottom two adds of the citizen newspaper are exactly the same except different dates. Did they run the same add twice or is this a mistake on the site?

They ran the same piece (edited slightly) almost exactly one year apart. I debated listing it twice, but I figured their trust in us, added credibility.

Thx for the typo, it's fixed.

I've removed every image that I have been made aware was not mine. My apologies for using them w/o permission. There wes never any intent to plagarize anyone's images.

If anyone finds any other offending material, please let me know so I can rectify the situation asap.

Look behind me and you can barely see the waters of St Augustine, Ga. :)

That is one of the big sticklers with respect to SEO. People want one picture and 10 words per page. Spiders want 700-1000 words and no images.

Look behind me and you can barely see the waters of St Augustine, Ga. :)

That is one of the big sticklers with respect to SEO. People want one picture and 10 words per page. Spiders want 700-1000 words and no images.

How do you look up the ranking of a webpage on Google?

Site looks great, BTW. Simple and effective. And there are none of my pictures there! (don't you just HATE when you do something like that?)

Just like a capitalist pig to take my pictures lol .In your roof cleaning section that blue hose looks like another one of my pics. do you Xjet roofs. It might be a close up of one of my pics

Is submitting an alternate page to the crawlers feasible or is that a no-no? My organic results suck.

Define alternate?

First, apply to and get listed in DMOZ.org. Although it has declined in importance in recent years it's still highly important to Google.

2nd, MANUALLY submit to the majors. Google, Yahoo, AOL, & MSN. Do not auto submit, buy submission software, submission services etc. They will get you canned.

Only resubmit if you have a fairly major new section (like an articles catalog). Then only submit the main page for that section. In short, think how you would feel with submissions. Is it of value to my readers, or is this person just pestering me.

Get inbound links from relevant sites. Focus on quality, not quantity. Ignore all link farms, FFA pages, etc.

Post to relevant forums like TGS. Post quality comments on relevant blogs.

Bottom line, get others to recognize you and the SE's will follow. Get Yahoo, and google will take interest. Get MSN and google will take interest. Not neccessarily in that order, but you get the idea.