Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

2 party system

Question

OK this should get some of you going. Election time is coming and hopefully the Dems will take control of Congress. So get out there and vote.

You all know Im no fan of our Prez, but I'm even less of a fan of congress. This country needs to have Dem control to help with the checks & balances in our goverment. There has been total Republican control for to long and the Republican, yes and Dems too only care about getting reelected

Bush can say and do anything he wants and has hurt us and alienated pretty much in the whole world except Britian. All his evel doers like Iran & Korea are doing what ever they want and are laughing at us, because they know we really can't do that much because we are bogged down in Iraq a war that was only going to cost us 10 million dollars (oops bad #'s)

I've read where some even some in the military say we are doing good,. Over 1/2 the Iraqee people want to see us dead. We have our military on extened tours.

The Republicians are out of control. Like Bush said he wants to get to the bottom of the CIA leak, its bulls--t it was his own people, but he sidestepped that by playing word games. Rumsfeld shouldnt still be there, he didnt have a plan past a few months, DUHHHHH.

Aberrooff is a crook and so arent a bunch of the Republican he gave money to. We have a Republican thats a peodophile who just resigned.

Allen Mr. Macacca who said he just made up the word, I knew that word since I was a little boy, He says he's never talked racial slurs. NEVER!!!!!! Who's he kidding, just be honest. Then he hides and lies that he's part Jew, get over it.

I dont want the Dems in to make things misrable for all, just to have a check & balance system again. One party in control of everything is not good for our country

So what do you all think.

JL

106 answers to this question

You guys are way too pessimistic! I view my future as very bright. I view my kids future as very bright. My kids will go to college if they want to. your grandparents had to save cash to buy a house. no mortgage. your parents did not have easy access to college. there are more opportunities today than ever before for a person to make the american dream for himself.

by the way Jeff. Life isnt good, God is good, and He gives us free will to make life as we want it. You said you lost a $30/hr job and had to get one for min wage. Was life good then? God was. now that you are successfull in your own right, life is good. Has God changed? No. You still have your free will to succeed or fail. And sometimes He allows us to fail to see how we handle it. He also allows us to be wildly successfull to see also how we handle it. this pessimism will only eat at you. The glass is half full!!! I Praise God for the system we have in this country and look forward to a marvelous future.

You guys are way too pessimistic! I view my future as very bright. I view my kids future as very bright. My kids will go to college if they want to. your grandparents had to save cash to buy a house. no mortgage. your parents did not have easy access to college. there are more opportunities today than ever before for a person to make the american dream for himself.

by the way Jeff. Life isnt good, God is good, and He gives us free will to make life as we want it. You said you lost a $30/hr job and had to get one for min wage. Was life good then? God was. now that you are successfull in your own right, life is good. Has God changed? No. You still have your free will to succeed or fail. And sometimes He allows us to fail to see how we handle it. He also allows us to be wildly successfull to see also how we handle it. this pessimism will only eat at you. The glass is half full!!! I Praise God for the system we have in this country and look forward to a marvelous future.

In life Im very optimistic, just ask my friends & family, even when I was screwed up for about a decade, yes I got depressed, even desperate, but I always knew I was a good person so I went on and with some help and my own determination I gave up the stuff the screwed with me for years. I'm not very religious and if its God or me that helps me so be it. Life is good or God is good I love life

Pessimism doesnt eat at me , but reality is that children are targets all over this country. I may talk pessimistic here but politics just gets me going just like you,

Pessimism about our country or republicans, its the same exact way you are about dems

My futures so bright I got to wear shades.

Jon thats why I keep trying to drop out of these post, I hate sounding negative but, like the line in one of the Godfather movies, hows it go " They keep drawing me in" or something like that LOL

What he said! Jon, you are definitely on my Christmas card list! What a great statement.!

kevinw

Again, conditioning. God has nothing to do with the system, man in his own fallacy does. Don't kid yourself. Jesus did not come to this world to introduce us to this kind of life but to let us know how we should conduct ourselves. Money and technology had nothing to do with it. College and education had nothing to do with it. He wanted us to remain as children. Pure, innocent and full of love. God has given us a test. The test is life full of it's sensations and they are addictive. The test is to experience them but to develop the discipline to beat the addiction and learn to live without them. Instead, we have learned to foster them into our children and make ourselves dependant upon them. We as of this point; fail.

Pessimism may not be a very popular vein of thought but in my opinion, it is better than ignorance of the reality that we are heading for. What good is college if the system collapses? What good is a mortgage if you can't pay for it because the economy is in a disastrous state because of the systems failure? Ignorance is not bliss. This is why the country and the world we are dragging with us is spiraling into self destruction.

I make the following statement to no one in particular but as ambiguously towards humanity in it's actions: "It takes a great deal of ignorance to see destruction coming and do nothing about it as if it does not exist."

Rod!~

Again, conditioning. God has nothing to do with the system, man in his own fallacy does. Don't kid yourself. Jesus did not come to this world to introduce us to this kind of life but to let us know how we should conduct ourselves. Money and technology had nothing to do with it. College and education had nothing to do with it. He wanted us to remain as children. Pure, innocent and full of love. God has given us a test. The test is life full of it's sensations and they are addictive. The test is to experience them but to develop the discipline to beat the addiction and learn to live without them. Instead, we have learned to foster them into our children and make ourselves dependant upon them. We as of this point; fail.

Pessimism may not be a very popular vein of thought but in my opinion, it is better than ignorance of the reality that we are heading for. What good is college if the system collapses? What good is a mortgage if you can't pay for it because the economy is in a disastrous state because of the systems failure? Ignorance is not bliss. This is why the country and the world we are dragging with us is spiraling into self destruction.

I make the following statement to no one in particular but as ambiguously towards humanity in it's actions: "It takes a great deal of ignorance to see destruction coming and do nothing about it as if it does not exist."

Rod!~

It makes you wonder if god or jesus wants to say the heck with the lowend of our society, if they arent smart enough, driven enough orr have other problems the hell with them, as some say, As I heard some say, they work hard and our tax money shouldnt be given out in entitlements I wonder if God & Jesus would of thought that too

Like I said I'm not religious, but I would bet God loves everyone even the ones that dont matter to some on this BB. Some of the folks that talk about God are the same ones that say the hell with those who need us & God the most. I can feel for every man not just the ones I like. Can you all

Rod I like your 2 post thanks

JL

Like I said I'm not religious, but I would bet God loves everyone even the ones that dont matter to some on this BB. Some of the folks that talk about God are the same ones that say the hell with those who need us & God the most. I can feel for every man not just the ones I like. Can you all

JL

Amen Brother!