Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

Obama - Biden - Your Opinion ?

Question

228 answers to this question

Not kidding at all Mike... Great leaders/generals have always been willing to step up to organize a defense when needed. When is last time we needed armed forces sitting around constantly on the roles. I am sure Ant and myself alone could take care of Cali..lol

But in all seriousness even the national forces has its own healthcare now don't they..why not the rest of the silent militia. I mean I can defend my own home from a simple armed assault if not my whole neighborhood. Of course I am not talking about nukes and battle ships and jets when considering national defense. Health of every soul that could be healthy is more important than anything of a ground army though. Anything less and the whole is slowed down. If your buddy is bleeding out in a fox hole your gonna yell "medic" the same time your pulling the trigger...no?

ps-

The point is, charity belongs to the individual...It isn't the government's job to take from those who have and give to those who don't.
Come now.. so the idea of charity is a new one that has nothing to do with paying taxes for all sorts of goobermint mandated services?

Taxes are like forced charity decided by the people as a whole. When the people as a whole (or majority) decide to rearrange priority, as I speak of, what ya gonna do? The use of the term charity usually applies when speaking about a direct transaction between a person and some entity they deem in need like a hospital, or a church, or a rehab facility, a specific person, etc.. Is national defense or policing, schooling,, etc. a charity event?..not really so why use the term? At some point I would think people see the point that some things are moral if not smart to keep intact over other things. Health and freedom is big in my book.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Not much into using bible reference myself due to context usually having nothing to do with topic..I mean that passage has an "if" that means it to speak to lazy people that don't work for things.

Actually, that is exactly what it is talking about. Go read it for yourself. Paul is telling the people of Thessalonica how to act and to act as they (Paul and the other apostles with him) did. He brags (sorta) in verse 8 saying that they worked night and day so nobody had to take care of them. Go read it.

But I'll move on anyway.

I would ask you do you really think people coming up working at fast food or retail can afford a medical plan?

This could turn into a very long post so I'll try to control myself :) Here's my take as short as I can make it.

Somebody working at a fast food joint more than likely should be somebody young and fairly healthy. Some kind of catastrophic plan would be all they need. They are very affordable. I know, I HAD ONE. I didn't run to the doctor every time I coughed, or if I did, I paid the $50 or whatever for the doctor visit. Now if something bad happened and I had to go in the hospital for weeks or something, then that was covered 100% after my deductible. I was making $8/hour working at a hotel at the time and I made it a priority to afford it.

I got married, had 2 kids so things change. I now have insurance that is $470/month. I have a deductible of $5K/ year. I saved up $5K and I keep that in an account that draws interest and it's there in case of an emergency and I need it for the deductible. I also use it for payment if we have to go to the doctor. The insurance covers 80/20 up until that $5K, then it's 100% them.

I don't make a lot of money (for California) with a wife and 2 kids but I make it a priority to make sure they are covered. For $470/month, I could have a really nice boat, another work truck or two or even a small vacation cabin up where I like to hunt. But guess what, I DON'T, because I have my priorities right. I don't depend on somebody else to take care of me because of my lack of planning.

Life insurance is another topic I love to talk about, but I'll save that for another time.

Just saying Ant that if your going to use such passage about hard work equaling food then it also can be used for healthcare, policing, schooling, spiritual enlightenment, or whathave you. You seem to be in agreement but I wonder if it is to an extreme level. Do you believe goobermint should provide anything to the people from your wallet at all and why if so? Some do believe that government has no other purpose then but to keep itself alive and for national defense/offense right? I'm surely not there nor am I a social fanatic. I just think that the one thing of health is out or proportion on costs (probably due to already existing regulations and government involvement) and is just as worthy of funding as another thing if not more. Perhaps you or I are exceptions and not the norm on being able to afford care.

ps- Hey yer avitar is a crackup. I met mickey at his house last week and he declined to support either McCain or Obama. He did look as happy as Obama though even with all the screaming pissy pant kids tugging on him..haha

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Do you believe goobermint should provide anything to the people from your wallet at all and why if so? Some do believe that government has no other purpose then but to keep itself alive and for national defense/offense right? I'm surely not there nor am I a social fanatic

Kev...you are one smart dude. That is a great question, it made me think .... a lot.

I will answer it by quoting my favorite Vice President (Cheney) to date who is quoting the best President (Reagan) of my lifetime to date. "I think the gov't should work with us not over us; to stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it."

That is a great quote. I think that the gov't should be there when we need them for a hand up, but should reject ANY bill or legislation that fosters anything other than independence from it's citizens. I think things like schooling should be handled locally. That way if something is voted in and they're gonna be taking your money for something you don't like...move. I don't think the Fed gov't has any place in edjumication.

Let me give an analogy (if you can call it that) about this healthcare business because this thread has got me thinking about it quite a bit.

Let's just pretend (God help us) that Nobama gets elected and a universal healthcare plan is enacted. I think it's fair to assume that the gov't will have all kinds of stipulations to receiving this healthcare based on EVERY other program that they have. One of those stipulations could be obesity. Being fat makes people more susceptible to diabetes and other health related things like heart disease, etc. Therefore, the gov't has the RIGHT to intercede because you are costing the tax payers more money.

Now, they can tell you what to eat, when to exercise, how to exercise, how much salt to have because too much salt can lead to hypertension. Would you support a government mandated exercise program? What about a diet program?

If you think this is far fetched, just look at what they are doing in schools already. They have taken out "junk food", pizza's, burgers and fries, cokes etc.

Forcing one person to bear the burden of health care costs for another is not only a moral question but a major threat to personal liberty!!! Think about it...that's all I'm asking.

I didnt read the whole plan yet but I will. Posting this I figure we might get an idea what Obamas plan is really calling for. I know its more extreme than say the right or many would like but it isnt actually UNIVERSAL healthcare, it will cost people, it isnt 100% free at all. Not everyone will be covered or has to be covered, meaning if you don't want to pay in you dont have to, say are younger you dont have to take the plan. This is a lot less than the Hillary plan or 100% Universal Health Care. Realize this is just his outline and I am sure if ever passed into law would look a lot different.

Something has to be done, WHAT?

Barack Obama's Plan

Quality, Affordable and Portable Coverage for All

• Obama's Plan to Cover Uninsured Americans: Obama will make available a new national health plan to all Americans, including the self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health coverage that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress. The Obama plan will have the following features:
    1. Guaranteed eligibility. No American will be turned away from any insurance plan because of illness or pre-existing conditions.
    2. Comprehensive benefits. The benefit package will be similar to that offered through Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), the plan members of Congress have. The plan will cover all essential medical services, including preventive, maternity and mental health care.
    3. Affordable premiums, co-pays and deductibles.
    4. Subsidies. Individuals and families who do not qualify for Medicaid or SCHIP but still need financial assistance will receive an income-related federal subsidy to buy into the new public plan or purchase a private health care plan.
    5. Simplified paperwork and reined in health costs.
    6. Easy enrollment. The new public plan will be simple to enroll in and provide ready access to coverage.
    7. Portability and choice. Participants in the new public plan and the National Health Insurance Exchange (see below) will be able to move from job to job without changing or jeopardizing their health care coverage.
    8. Quality and efficiency. Participating insurance companies in the new public program will be required to report data to ensure that standards for quality, health information technology and administration are being met.

[*]National Health Insurance Exchange: The Obama plan will create a National Health Insurance Exchange to help individuals who wish to purchase a private insurance plan. The Exchange will act as a watchdog group and help reform the private insurance market by creating rules and standards for participating insurance plans to ensure fairness and to make individual coverage more affordable and accessible. Insurers would have to issue every applicant a policy, and charge fair and stable premiums that will not depend upon health status. The Exchange will require that all the plans offered are at least as generous as the new public plan and have the same standards for quality and efficiency. The Exchange would evaluate plans and make the differences among the plans, including cost of services, public.

[*]Employer Contribution: Employers that do not offer or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees will be required to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of the national plan. Small businesses will be exempt from this requirement, and will receive a new Small Business Health Tax Credit that helps reduce health care costs for small businesses.

[*]Support for Small Businesses: Barack Obama will create a Small Business Health Tax Credit to provide small businesses with a refundable tax credit of up to 50 percent on premiums paid by small businesses on behalf of their employees. This new credit will provide a strong incentive to small businesses to offer high quality health care to their workers and help improve the competitiveness of America’s small businesses.

[*]Mandatory Coverage of Children: Obama will require that all children have health care coverage. Obama will expand the number of options for young adults to get coverage, including allowing young people up to age 25 to continue coverage through their parents' plans.

[*]Expansion Of Medicaid and SCHIP: Obama will expand eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs and ensure that these programs continue to serve their critical safety net function.

[*]Flexibility for State Plans: Due to federal inaction, some states have taken the lead in health care reform. The Obama plan builds on these efforts and does not replace what states are doing. States can continue to experiment, provided they meet the minimum standards of the national plan.

Lower Costs by Modernizing The U.S. Health Care System

• Reducing Costs of Catastrophic Illnesses for Employers and Their Employees: Catastrophic health expenditures account for a high percentage of medical expenses for private insurers. The Obama plan would reimburse employer health plans for a portion of the catastrophic costs they incur above a threshold if they guarantee such savings are used to reduce the cost of workers' premiums.
  • Helping Patients:
    1. Support disease management programs. Seventy five percent of total health care dollars are spent on patients with one or more chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. Obama will require that providers that participate in the new public plan, Medicare or the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) utilize proven disease management programs. This will improve quality of care, give doctors better information and lower costs.
    2. Coordinate and integrate care. Over 133 million Americans have at least one chronic disease and these chronic conditions cost a staggering $1.7 trillion yearly. Obama will support implementation of programs and encourage team care that will improve coordination and integration of care of those with chronic conditions.
    3. Require full transparency about quality and costs. Obama will require hospitals and providers to collect and publicly report measures of health care costs and quality, including data on preventable medical errors, nurse staffing ratios, hospital-acquired infections, and disparities in care. Health plans will also be required to disclose the percentage of premiums that go to patient care as opposed to administrative costs.

[*]Ensuring Providers Deliver Quality Care:

1. Promote patient safety. Obama will require providers to report preventable medical errors and support hospital and physician practice improvement to prevent future occurrences.
    2. Align incentives for excellence. Both public and private insurers tend to pay providers based on the volume of services provided, rather than the quality or effectiveness of care. Providers who see patients enrolled in the new public plan, the National Health Insurance Exchange, Medicare and FEHBP will be rewarded for achieving performance thresholds on outcome measures.
    3. Comparative effectiveness research. Obama will establish an independent institute to guide reviews and research on comparative effectiveness, so that Americans and their doctors will have the accurate and objective information they need to make the best decisions for their health and well-being.
    4. Tackle disparities in health care. Obama will tackle the root causes of health disparities by addressing differences in access to health coverage and promoting prevention and public health, both of which play a major role in addressing disparities. He will also challenge the medical system to eliminate inequities in health care through quality measurement and reporting, implementation of effective interventions such as patient navigation programs, and diversification of the health workforce.
    5. Insurance reform. Obama will strengthen antitrust laws to prevent insurers from overcharging physicians for their malpractice insurance and will promote new models for addressing errors that improve patient safety, strengthen the doctor-patient relationship and reduce the need for malpractice suits.

[*]Lowering Costs Through Investment in Electronic Health Information Technology Systems: Most medical records are still stored on paper, which makes it hard to coordinate care, measure quality or reduce medical errors and which costs twice as much as electronic claims. Obama will invest $10 billion a year over the next five years to move the U.S. health care system to broad adoption of standards-based electronic health information systems, including electronic health records, and will phase in requirements for full implementation of health IT. Obama will ensure that patients' privacy is protected.

[*]Lowering Costs by Increasing Competition in the Insurance and Drug Markets: The insurance business today is dominated by a small group of large companies that has been gobbling up their rivals. There have been over 400 health care mergers in the last 10 years, and just two companies dominate a full third of the national market. These changes were supposed to make the industry more efficient, but instead premiums have skyrocketed by over 87 percent.

1. Barack Obama will prevent companies from abusing their monopoly power through unjustified price increases. His plan will force insurers to pay out a reasonable share of their premiums for patient care instead of keeping exorbitant amounts for profits and administration. His new National Health Exchange will help increase competition by insurers.
    2. Lower prescription drug costs. The second-fastest growing type of health expenses is prescription drugs. Pharmaceutical companies are selling the exact same drugs in Europe and Canada but charging Americans more than double the price. Obama will allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S. Obama will also repeal the ban that prevents the government from negotiating with drug companies, which could result in savings as high as $30 billion. Finally, Obama will work to increase the use of generic drugs in Medicare, Medicaid, and FEHBP and prohibit big name drug companies from keeping generics out of markets.

Fight for New Initiatives

• Advance the Biomedical Research Field: As a result of biomedical research the prevention, early detection and treatment of diseases such as cancer and heart disease is better today than any other time in history. Barack Obama has consistently supported funding for the national institutes of health and the national science foundation. Obama strongly supports investments in biomedical research, as well as medical education and training in health-related fields, because it provides the foundation for new therapies and diagnostics. Obama has been a champion of research in cancer, mental health, health disparities, global health, women and children's health, and veterans' health. As president, Obama will strengthen funding for biomedical research, and better improve the efficiency of that research by improving coordination both within government and across government/private/non-profit partnerships. An Obama administration will ensure that we translate scientific progress into improved approaches to disease prevention, early detection and therapy that is available for all Americans.
  • Fight AIDS Worldwide. There are 33 million people across the planet infected with HIV/AIDS. As president, Obama will continue to be a global leader in the fight against AIDS. Obama believes in working across party lines to combat this epidemic and recently joined Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) at a large California evangelical church to promote greater investment in the global AIDS battle.
  • Support Americans with Disabilities: As a former civil rights lawyer, Barack Obama knows firsthand the importance of strong protections for minority communities in our society. Obama is committed to strengthening and better enforcing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) so that future generations of Americans with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities. Obama believes we must restore the original legislative intent of the ADA in the wake of court decisions that have restricted the interpretation of this landmark legislation.
    Barack Obama is also committed to ensuring that disabled Americans receive Medicaid and Medicare benefits in a low-cost, effective and timely manner. Recognizing that many individuals with disabilities rely on Medicare, Obama worked with Senator Ken Salazar (D-CO) to urge the department of health and human services to provide clear and reliable information on the Medicare prescription drug benefit and to ensure that the Medicare recipients were protected from fraudulent claims by marketers and drug plan agents.
  • Improve Mental Health Care. Mental illness affects approximately one in five American families. The National Alliance on Mental Illness estimates that untreated mental illnesses cost the U.S. more than $100 billion per year. As president, Obama will support mental health parity so that coverage for serious mental illnesses are provided on the same terms and conditions as other illnesses and diseases.
  • Protect Our Children from Lead Poisoning. More than 430,000 American children have dangerously high levels of lead in their blood. Lead can cause irreversible brain damage, learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and, at very high levels, seizures, coma and death. As president, Obama will protect children from lead poisoning by requiring that child care facilities be lead-safe within five years.
  • Reduce Risks of Mercury Pollution. More than five million women of childbearing age have high levels of toxic mercury in their blood, and approximately 630,000 newborns are born at risk every year. Barack Obama has a plan to significantly reduce the amount of mercury that is deposited in oceans, lakes, and rivers, which in turn would reduce the amount of mercury in fish.
  • Support Americans with Autism. More than one million Americans have autism, a complex neurobiological condition that has a range of impacts on thinking, feeling, language, and the ability to relate to others. As diagnostic criteria broaden and awareness increases, more cases of autism have been recognized across the country. Barack Obama believes that we can do more to help autistic Americans and their families understand and live with autism. He has been a strong supporter of more than $1 billion in federal funding for autism research on the root causes and treatments, and he believes that we should increase funding for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act to truly ensure that no child is left behind.
    More than anything, autism remains a profound mystery with a broad spectrum of effects on autistic individuals, their families, loved ones, the community, and education and health care systems. Obama believes that the government and our communities should work together to provide a helping hand to autistic individuals and their families.

Ant, I totally see what yer fear is and it is always valid point....an inch often works out to a mile. i.e- gun control, family relations, etc.

Those that habitually can't stick to what the goobermint would call a norm of weight or what goes in their body is nothing new though that is already suffered by private insurance and those that pay it right? Just look to the airline industry to see the idea of charging per pound being thrown around..lol

Where a step in socializm creates unacceptable loss of liberty I can't say for sure but I do know that in the case of healthcare it is only issue of it just finally being written and placed on trackable books. The full burden/costs are already there placed upon tax payers as people go in when sick regardless of national plan. They don't die in the street usually from flu or pneumonia.They go in to hospital and claim indegent(sp?) or simply don't make enough so are covered. Thing is many don't realize they covered based on their low income and it is a chore and a half to keep the paper work up. Some don't bother and suffer some.. which is fine I suppose. When everyone knows though that they surely must qualify then the system will be that much more swamped but instead of it being at the burden of one main hospital in an area able to handle the indegent paper funding it would be at expense to a few war dollars and spread about to all hospital or whatever other priority we are already funding.

Again, funding is out of priority and we need to bring things home and better our selfs physically, mentally, financially, you name it..

Ant I think you bring up a great point on dif between fed and local funding. Complex it all is on who is to pick up the ball in my opinion.

Improve Mental Health Care. Mental illness affects approximately one in five American families.

I would think it would be more around 49%

election2008_HP_1.gif

election2008.aspx

:D Just kidding my liberal friends out there.

I would think it would be more around 49%

election2008_HP_1.gif

election2008.aspx

:D Just kidding my liberal friends out there.

LOL LOL I read the 49% before I scrolled down to the graph, I knew what you were leading to. LOL

Jeff, thanx for posting that. Clearly that plan is nothing like what I would invision.

Its clearly not totally free Universal Health Care, theres actually some good stuff in there

Its clearly not totally free Universal Health Care, theres actually some good stuff in there

Yet.

The next generation of politics have to top the last and they have to give away more and more. That's my problem with starting it in the first place. It creates dependence. That's not a good thing.

If one is ill in the first place either mental or physical they indeed can fall deeper to worse mental disfunction then the one you mention of dependance. I've lived it with a bipolar ex wife. Opposite of dependance would be the individual strength, free will and awareness to see themselves being dependant and to get the heck out of it. Since I have seen, lived, attempted some sense of it I can assure you that heading it off before it gets out of control via care is a smart thing....so again healthcare as a priority can't loose. I grew up with welfare (goobermint money)..that is different especially without the mental helathcare and job training that went the wayside. The healthcare part of the whole welfare lifesytle that the goobermint created was the only decent thing about it.

I predict a big change in that graph after McCain's speech tonight.

Ya McCain should get a bump up, but I am sure it wont last. He talks about change but he still wants to follow Bushes failed economic policies, He has to follow someones economic policies since as McCain has said he himself knows little about the subject

Go Obama. The only real change is to get a Dem president

Absolutely drive Fed,State control out of the picture!Privatize the entire operation!!!!!

When did Americans start relying upon their Gov't for their sufficiency?

We,as a people are quite capable of deciding for ourselves!Regardless of the apparent observational quandary we may fall into.

Business is business.

The free market is the key.The free market.

ANYTHING subsidised by Gov't(in my opinion) should CEASE!!!

IT IS NOT THEIRS TO GIVE!!!

Happy September.

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally subsidized student loans, he attended a state funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally subsidized student loans, he attended a state funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

RIGHT ON KIRK , Damn liberals

Yeah, every republican blames the democrats for the state of things when they had to clean up the mess during their (dem) terms. Sorry I don't buy it. Keep this in mind, I read the papers and seen the news, who do you think you're selling? Dems fixed things while the reps kept taking advantage of it.

Believe what you will, I see what is going on.

Rod!~

Read some of the newspapers from England, Sweden and match what is said in them to what is said in US news. you get the same story without the slants of writers that are on the left or right. They put the blame where it should be not all on the white house cause that is where the president is. Remember we have three parts to our government and each is responsible for themselves.

Excellent!! I love McCain's plan...let's give the biggest tax savings to the people who are out there stimulating the economy and creating new jobs with that money, rather than the lower middle class/poverty sector who are going to buy lottery tickets and beer with that money...

Or we could make it fair for all...

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans for Fair Taxation