Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

job site visitor

Question

27 answers to this question

Is Ron ********** out on one of his around the country visiting tours again and forgot his shoes? Never mind,,,the imprint would be deeper. My Bad! :lolsign: Maybe it was this little Dude... :sonic:

Didn't see the owner of hte prints, but they were among many deer hoof prints....

No tricks, real prints. Kinda cool! I would love to verify the kind of critter who owns it. My guess was a bear...

Beth

Didn't see the owner of hte prints, but they were among many deer hoof prints....

No tricks, real prints. Kinda cool! I would love to verify the kind of critter who owns it. My guess was a bear...

Beth

Definitely not a bear...there would be 5 toes, and most likely nail marks. Almost looks like a rabbit...that'd be a BIG rabbit!

Looks like we had a visitor at our job site....can anyone tell me WHO for sure this was? See pics....

Beth

That is bear tracks or someone messing with you.

As much noise as we make on the job site, I am not too worried. But yes, I have been looking around. Anthony - any idea how big that bear would be? Part of me (small part of me) wishes the bear would show up long enough to let me snap a pic of more than a print.

Beth

As much noise as we make on the job site, I am not too worried. But yes, I have been looking around. Anthony - any idea how big that bear would be? Part of me (small part of me) wishes the bear would show up long enough to let me snap a pic of more than a print.

Beth

It's hard to tell without some kind of comparison picture. Even then, I don't think I'm good enough to be that accurate. Do you have any pics with your hand or something like that next to one of the tracks?

Nope. I didn't think about it. The next day we saw what I think were raccoon tracks. When we go back tomorrow if I see any new ones I'll snap new pics. One thing I love about working outdoors, is stuff like this! :)

Beth

Here's a visitor we could have done without yesterday. I think he's poisonous....anyone know for sure?

Beth

Beth,

That almost looks like a Timber Rattlesnake. Are they known to be in that area of Maryland?

Yes they are and we think that's what he or she is...and it loves the inside of the log home we are working on.

Beth

Beth,

Hah! Timber rattlers are known to be very smart snakes!

Don't be too concerned, most rattlesnakes are slow as molasses and not overly aggressive. Took a picture down in the Grand Canyon about 35 yrs. ago of a 6 ft. rattler. Got the lense maybe 3 ft. away before he even took notice.

Beth,

40 yrs. ago, I was backpacking with my older sister in the Bear Mountain section of NY. Going up Black Mountain, early in the morning, she stepped between 2 rocks with a Timber Rattler laying in the crevasse. Carol jumped a good 2 feet, the Rattler took his time slithering off the trail.