18 members have voted

1. 1. Average amount of sleep

• Less than 5 hrs
    • 5 hrs
    • 6 hrs
    • 7 hrs
    • 8 hrs

Question

I heard on the radio the other day, that they done a study on how much sleep people in America get on average. They said in the 1950's people got an average of 9 hours a night, and now the average is around 6 hours a night.

I know I get around 5 to 6 hrs on weekday nights, and maybe 7hrs on the weekends. I hardly ever get to bed before 12a.m. and get up around 5:30 to 6:00a.m. on weeknights, weekends may get to bed around 12 to 1:30a.m. and get up around 7:30 to 8:00a.m.

How much do you all get?

14 answers to this question

Eyes open between 4:30 and 5:30. No matter what time I fall asleep. Going to the Gym keeps me refreshed. If I sway away for more than 2 weeks I start to feel terrible like last week !!

I thought this a greaser poll, because we are up late at night. When I was younger, I got by on 2 - 4 hours a night, with a nap in the evening bofore my resturant work. Now, I need more than 2-4 hours. But, like so many self-employed, I am up by 5:30 AM. I cannot sleep more than that as there is so much to do.

Well when I clean a hood, I get back in anywhere from 4am to 6am depending on the drive, still only sleep until about 10 or 11a.m.

So I say my average is about 6hrs. I wish I could get more cause I feel it catching up with me, I am not a morning person at all. I have to set the alarm for 5am and turn it up all the way, and across the room to get up by 5:30a.m. My wife still pretty much pushes me out of the bed also.... After about 6 cups of coffee and 3hrs later I'm awake... lol I'm more of a night owl, can stay up all night without a problem.

Two jobs for 15 yrs with one always night work and the other one mostly daytime work....so how do I sleep?? Sleeping pills. Sliced and diced for whatever amount of hours I need. IF it wasnt for them I'd be dead and buried by now.....

Depends on the season. These days 8 hours or so but when the snows falling I have to be up at 2am or so to start plowing. I hate plowing snow.