Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

So am I going through that Mid Life thing ....

Question

So I tell my wife, I WANT A NEW CAR. She says, you already have the Spyder what more do you want.......

I say for Christmas 2012 (not 2011) ....one of these...

So we have this..

OR we have that...

Or there is this also

OK So which one would you choose?

85 answers to this question

Maybe John T told him if he gets enough hits he will install the green dots?????

Maybe the hit count is part of the mid-life "thing".

You know, Jim, I've lost a lot of weight. I make a lot of recipes. Here's a recipe I just threw together that might help.

In a large bowl mix 1 part self esteem with two parts humility, no, make that 3 parts humility.

Mix a cup of patience, with a pinch of understanding and set it aside for later.

Very slowly add in experience, not too fast.

Avoid the temptation to embellish with extra seasonings of BS or overwhelm the dish with too much condescension. (This is a rookie baker mistake)

Add in the cup of patience and understanding and bake all ingredients for 2 years in the forum oven without interruption. (No bans, no pulling out and whining because it's not done yet and no lying about the ingredients just to stay ahead of your competition and look good. (It doesn't work, even though you might think it does)

Remove from the oven and top with the respect you earned by helping others without whining, complaining, lying, cheating, embellishing, gossiping, investigating, or tearing down other contractors behind their backs during the two years baking.

Let cool for 1 year, then enjoy your position as Master baker.

Just like with any dish, miss any steps and you have to start all over again.

Let us know when you want to start. We'll all be behind you hoping you make it all three years. I'll be there too. The recipe you've been using hasn't worked for you or anyone else. Good luck!

Maybe John T told him if he gets enough hits he will install the green dots?????

Maybe the hit count is part of the mid-life "thing".

You know, Jim, I've lost a lot of weight. I make a lot of recipes. Here's a recipe I just threw together that might help.

In a large bowl mix 1 part self esteem with two parts humility, no, make that 3 parts humility.

Mix a cup of patience, with a pinch of understanding and set it aside for later.

Very slowly add in experience, not too fast.

Avoid the temptation to embellish with extra seasonings of BS or overwhelm the dish with too much condescension. (This is a rookie baker mistake)

Add in the cup of patience and understanding and bake all ingredients for 2 years in the forum oven without interruption. (No bans, no pulling out and whining because it's not done yet and no lying about the ingredients just to stay ahead of your competition and look good. (It doesn't work, even though you might think it does)

Remove from the oven and top with the respect you earned by helping others without whining, complaining, lying, cheating, embellishing, gossiping, investigating, or tearing down other contractors behind their backs during the two years baking.

Let cool for 1 year, then enjoy your position as Master baker.

Just like with any dish, miss any steps and you have to start all over again.

Let us know when you want to start. We'll all be behind you hoping you make it all three years. I'll be there too. The recipe you've been using hasn't worked for you or anyone else. Good luck!

One of his competitors just landed a 10 mil plus contract. Who do you want to listen too. Lol

Money talks bull**** walks.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

I thought I posted here but any who ? I miss my mint white MGB that I used to quote in. Ran out of space 15 years ago and sold it.The guy that bought it came with a Brit auto expert driving a super mint yellow TR4.

One of his competitors just landed a 10 mil plus contract. Who do you want to listen too. Lol

Money talks bull**** walks.

12.5, but who is counting?

Scotts in midlife crisis. Adding 14 new trucks.

Mid growth crisis.. Now there is a fun problem

Better get back to cars and midlife crisis, I almost bought a scion. True story. Instead I paid way to much for a smart car Prius. I also got two Toyota trucks, I like them so far.

I guess it is midlife crisis , when I was younger they would have been a Cadillac truck that burns 2000 a month in fuel. No more expensive break jobs on my Mercedes or ridiculous priced oil changes.

Maybe I'm in denial about midlife, I have never had the urge for a vet.

I guess if I ran across a 68 firebird convertible I might buy it. Only because my father had one and loved riding in it as a kid.

Maybe for me the thread tittle would be a dream car.

Scott's no expert though. :)

(There's really only one expert)

Scotts threads rarely exceed 300 views. Everybody knows the value of ones career can only be measured in thread views.

Scott's information is taken, absorbed, put into practice and then turned into cash. (I know because we've done it)

That's not possible in threads that start with..... "I think I might lower myself to show everyone how to build a garage cleaning super rig with pics" ........

and end 3 months and 400 useless posts later with "I think I might lower myself to start another thread about how to build a garage cleaning superrig with pics"

Congratulations Scott. I'm sure there will be all kinds of girly whining between the gossip crew about how you "lowballed" the competition or how you are "lying" about the contract (because so and so has seen your IRS filings) between some dumbazzes.

It's kindof like the redneck jokes. "If you find yourself on the receiving end of that kind of gossip and you don't hang up the phone - You might be a dumbazz"

Common Tony give Jim a break. You just can't stand that Jim stepped up and took a position and you just won't do it with the *****.. You just can't commit.. I wonder if Scott is happy about you talking about Some contract he might have got?

You go from slamming Jim to yelping about Scotts contract. I like ya Tony but I'd be willing to bet ya that Most people don't want there contract info posted on the net.. You never know who's lurking and who knows what.

And give Jim a break already.. You know you and Jim would be pals if you saw each other more often. I heard you two clicked at first sight:)

Ok, I'll play along and let's build up some self esteem for Jim.

My midlife crisis has passed. I thought I wanted to relive some old "free" days and spend some time alone so I bought this:

k250.jpg

Too Slow so I bought this:

katana.jpg

Biker friends said it was gay. Luckily my best friend totaled it within 48 hrs of my paying cash for it. Unfortunately it wasn't insured yet. So I went out and bought this:

zx9.jpg

I did the 1/4 mile in less than 11 seconds and topped out at 174 mph (GPS) once. When Chris moved out and I had no one to ride with I was bored with it and got this:

minimax.jpg

Meanwhile, got this:

z3.jpg

And this:

klr.jpg

All this happened in a 4 year period.

Mid-life "thing".

Then I realized - "Hey, I don't like being alone". I didn't like doing things by myself. I didn't even enjoy doing things that the rest of the family can't enjoy.

I sold or gave away all that stuff. My salesman got the BMW. Fayth and I still have a couple of dirt bikes that we ride together.

Once I had the stroke I realized how lucky I was to have my family to live my life with.

So now I'm happy with the Crown Vic. I can fit all seven of my closest family members in it with no problem if need be.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have had a lot of toys.

Post em up and let's give Jim the self esteem he deserves. And John T, can you intall the green dots please?????

Come on Michael, You've got more toys than all of us combined. Post em up! Help Jim get his view counts up!

Sorry Celeste, you can't participate. You don't have a ______________. At least as far as I know.

(We are talking about motorcycles right?)

For those interested , here is the KEY ........you can walk around it or take it for a test drive (if you are over 25 years old) by pushing the "driving" button.

please return with a full tank and no scratches.

Thanks

My computers to old and i Use apple so I cant watch flash

For those interested , here is the KEY ........you can walk around it or take it for a test drive (if you are over 25 years old) by pushing the "driving" button.

please return with a full tank and no scratches.

Thanks

Personally I think money and toys are way over rated, some of you may think I'm nuts but it's what I believe. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my home, floating around in the boat and taking a rip once in a while in the sports car but my real thrill comes from my family, restoring antique radios and my other job as a special education teacher. It's just my opinion. Here's a picture of a project I'm making for one of my blind students. It's an ultrasonic sensor that lets him know when he's too close to walls when walking so he doesn't walk into them. I made the first one with IR lasers but other lights would interfer with it like crazy. Ultrasound seems to be the most reliable but I'm having a bit of a time writing the source code to burn on an AT chip. Right now it will flash an LED on the board but I will have it in audio and a vibrater (taken from old shaving razors) as feedback. I love making projects for my kids. Opps, lost my train of thought. I still believe money and toys are over rated.

post-2213-137772408891_thumb.jpg

Sorry Celeste, you can't participate. You don't have a ______________. At least as far as I know.

Now that was just sexist. You don't think women have any kind of "oh crap my life is half over" moment? Guess again. But typically we are too busy worrying about and picking up after a man who isn't going to listen to anything we might have to say anyway.

We get childbirth, midlife (yours AND ours) AND menopause.

Sounds fair to me.

Beth