Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

the cold is coming!!!!

Question

33 answers to this question

Holy crap, the fifties?.. Let me ride down there with some propane and thermal blankets! I heard Jeb might declare a state of emergency. You FLorida guys are so spoiled. I would pressure wash in my skivvies at 50 degrees. C'mon up here and do some KEC when its 15 with a wind chill of 10 below on an icy roof and you'll redefine cold. Now that's Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Oh that's disgusting......it's been below freezing at night here for a week although it tried to warm up for a few hours today. Everybody has the sniffles already and we haven't even gotten started with the true winter weather yet. (Plus it's dark all the time now). Grrrrrrr or should I say, Brrrrrrr?

Celeste

Our builders are so retarded!!!!!!!!!! This guy was so determined to have a house washed the other day, Roger wet it and it was instantly frozen....turned the driveway into an ice skating rink. We had to refuse to finish in order not to damage the brick. I don't think they are ever going to understand that WE are the knowledgeable ones about spraying water in 21 degree weather!

Interior cleaners - what is your heating method of choice???

Celeste

We have done ice dam removal in the 20's using hot water. Not many people remembered to winterize their hose bibs. yep,yep,yep, lots of ice after we were done and it was full of gutter trash too. Looked really yucky on the snow and ice covered ground. But the gutter was clean! :)

Rod~

I wanted to wash my car the other day before I went on an interview. The wife reminded me that water freezes pretty quickly in 25 degree weather. Doh!

:lgcold:

My god I wish I lived where 50 degrees is considered cold..lol. I've had to wash trucks when it was as cold as 18.........believe me....you question your sanity the whold time when its that cold. It is amazing how the wind chill works....sometimes it can be 25 and you can wash without a problem. Other times its 32 with a good wind and things freeze up right away. They say the wind chill is only measued on skin but I disagree. They may call it ambient temperature on the surface but cold is cold.

Andy

Hi Mike,

Well, it depends on your business. Some folks shut down till spring and spend time rejuvenating themselves. Others offer other services that keep them busy all through the winter months. It's also commonly a time to do machine and equipment maintenance and to evaluate your operation. What did you do well, where were the hiccups and what can you do to improve your services?

Hope this helps. :)

Beth

We actually supposed to upper 20's here Fri.and actually snow showers...HUH here in Tx...:lgbugeyes

It's been mostly in the 70's allowing me to still stain my jobs tho :cool: