Sign in to follow this  
desi

reels

sorry, lost track of my threads. Our Stainless Steel Reels are the same gauge as our Powder Coated reels. Corrosive and or caustic material will cause all paint to blister. We have a process of powder coating trademarked as CPC designed to go as far as paint can go. If bubbling and rusting are constant difficulties you could consider having us galvenize the reels next time that you order them or go to the stainless steel series.Ron call me sometime when you are in Tempe and we'll give you a tour of the factory.

No matter what the website says or a different vendor tells ya...they will colapse if you leave hose on reel and wash.....swivel or not precherge hose and recoil or not...pressurize the hose while it is wound... you will be out a reel..

I have the large cox reels with the stacker, and have not had a problem except for the o-rings in the brass swivel. That is a small price to pay for reels that take alot of abuse. I leave my hose on my reels and have never had a problem with my hoses crushing a reel or unwinding themselves into a mess. They wind up very nicely even when your arms are tired even with the hundreds of feet on them.

Maybe they messed up and used real steel on yours...mine lasted exactly one job, I sent it in for repair a month later it was returned however it was crushed in shipping, sent it back and going on another month. Good thing I ordered two...(They cost me over 6 hundred bucks with shipping)

I leave my hose on my TITAN SS reels all day everyday and have never had a problem. I did replace my core with CPVC which is rated for hot water. When I bought original Electric Reel didn't realize that it needed to be CPVC for it not to disfigure. I have not had a problem with leaving my hose on reels while cleaning.I would find it difficult to unroll 300 ft if I only need 50-100 ft of hose.

I have a set of Summit hose reels with a stacker kit and I love them. Different colors is an option so I got them in white , get dirty but I like it. The power coating is lasting very well only one little chip. As for the pressure rating these reels are rated for 3000psi but that only do to the swivel , so I swaped out a 5000psi super swivel and all is well. I also helped Summit design a more user friendly lock and it works much better with it. I will post pictures of the reels tommorow.

Hint,hint...One of these days, I hope someone makes a reel that is wider and more slender to hold up 250' of 3/8 I.D. braided hose. I need one to mount in our van but am not wanting to use up too much in space as it is needed in other ways. A unit that can mount from the roof and have an extendable hose guide with rollers so that it can allow rolling and un-rolling without contacting the sides of the van door or weatherstripping which can be damaged during these times. end of hint....

Rod!~

Rod, we have an extendable roller bracket beta product on 15 rigs being tested, I'll keep you posted.

Here is my opinion on drum crushing, anyone using industrial pressure washers needs to use our 1125 series, full barrel with locking pin and follow the procedure below. Our lighter duty 112's need to be unwound entirely for any use and do not have a locking pin.

All new hose MUST be spooled off before initial pressuring. When first charged hose grows in length. The better the pressure hose the more it will grow when first used. After the initial charging it is still recommended to remove all hose. This is based only slightly on pressure expansion as there is little growth after the initial charge. However there are two common reasons for drum bending- too tight of a wrap or too messy of a wrap. If the hose is too tight their is no where for even the limited expansion under pressure to go. If the wrap is crisscrossed or tangled it can create too much pressure in one small section of the reel and could potentially 'crush ' the drum. So if you are a careful wrapper, our distributor was correct in telling you that our reel will work fine with hose still on it. We use the same frames and drums (spools) throughout the pressure range, the difference between low, medium, and high pressure is only in the plumbing. We recently announced a brawny upgrade option rendering the reel virtually crushproof no matter what, even when mis-used. Hope this helps!

sorry, lost track of my threads. Our Stainless Steel Reels are the same gauge as our Powder Coated reels. Corrosive and or caustic material will cause all paint to blister. We have a process of powder coating trademarked as CPC designed to go as far as paint can go. If bubbling and rusting are constant difficulties you could consider having us galvenize the reels next time that you order them or go to the stainless steel series.Ron call me sometime when you are in Tempe and we'll give you a tour of the factory.

Hey, i wanna come, and I use cox reels and love them. think that I have about 10 of them right now. (Am I sucking up enough???) I always am fascinated by manufacturing processes. I should have been an industrial engineer.