Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What's you vehicle of choice...and why?

What is your vehicle choice and in your reply, please tell us why?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vehicle choice and in your reply, please tell us why?

• Ford Series Pickup or Van
    • GMC Series Pickup or Van
    • Chevy Series Pickup or Van
    • Toyota Series Pickups
    • Izusu Box Vans
    • Reading Body Trucks
    • Stahl Body Utility
    • Diesel?
    • Gas?
    • Other: not listed here, I will describe in thread below.
    • Freightliner Sprinter Van
    • Dodge

2005 Ford F-150 stx, wife has 2004 ford freestar van. As I prefer to buy american or at worst canadian I stay away from General Motors vehicles. My brother in law and his wife have GMC vehicles both made in mexico (now there's quality). However I hear Ford is closing some of their North American plants and shipping them to mexico as well, so I guess my next purchase will be a Dodge, Or even a Toyota. At least there made here in the USA. Just my 2ยข. Jeff

I really don't think it matters anymore what brand of car you buy. They're all made in part here and in part elsewhere. Do you really think that some of my Dodge truck didn't come from other countries, manufactured and assembled there? American automakers have outsourced stuff to other countries, and automakers from other countries manufacture some cars here.

If you want American made, buy a Honda. LOL

I really don't think it matters anymore what brand of car you buy. They're all made in part here and in part elsewhere. Do you really think that some of my Dodge truck didn't come from other countries, manufactured and assembled there? American automakers have outsourced stuff to other countries, and automakers from other countries manufacture some cars here.

If you want American made, buy a Honda. LOL

I Hear Ya Mike, I just would have a real hard time driving a vehicle that has a sticker on the windshield proudly proclaiming "assembled in mexico" Just my Union upbringing I guess. Take care, Jeff.

I Hear Ya Mike, I just would have a real hard time driving a vehicle that has a sticker on the windshield proudly proclaiming "assembled in mexico" Just my Union upbringing I guess. Take care, Jeff.

That's why they don't put those stickers on the car. LOL. You'd be surprised how much of your Ford comes from elsewhere!

That's why they don't put those stickers on the car. LOL. You'd be surprised how much of your Ford comes from elsewhere!
Oh I know most of it probaly came from china or some other place on the globe but ford still gives me the satisfaction of a sticker that says "quality built in Virginia, Norfolk assembly plant" But that's not to say there isn't a Virginia, Mexico LOL

I am new here but I use an 06' F350 SD 6.0 torqueshift CC LB 16' trailer with a Landa SGHW 3500-6.

It is a very long truck but it doubles as a rec vehicle for my 32' RV and my wife and 3 kids.

I own a 2003 Ford Escape(3.0L V6) but i might have to upgrade when i get my trailer rig. According to calculations my car might be able to handle a fully loaded trailer. I would like to buy a van like an E-series maybe even an older fleet vehicle with a bucket lift to do higher stuff.

I own a 2003 Ford Escape(3.0L V6) but i might have to upgrade when i get my trailer rig. According to calculations my car might be able to handle a fully loaded trailer. I would like to buy a van like an E-series maybe even an older fleet vehicle with a bucket lift to do higher stuff.

Yep, I saw a pressure washing contractor pulling his trailer with a car once....

post-30-137772159653_thumb.jpg

Yep, I saw a pressure washing contractor pulling his trailer with a car once....

I mean pulling a trailer rig. To start im buying a rig from Northern Tool. Id say those are about 1300 pounds empty. Add the 200 gallons x 8.33 per gallon = 1666 wich is a total of 2966. My car is rated for 4500 max but i dont want to stress the 3.0L V6 more than it already has to. I might look for another rig, the tank seems kinda small although its 4000 PSI @ 4GPM. But then i have to worry about equipment storage. I will buy atleast one concrete cleaner so im not sure where to put that.

Oh I know most of it probaly came from china or some other place on the globe but ford still gives me the satisfaction of a sticker that says "quality built in Virginia, Norfolk assembly plant" But that's not to say there isn't a Virginia, Mexico LOL

Surprising isnt it? My dad is the type that "buys American" no matter what. He was surprised when he saw the "American" Chevrolet Silverado was built in Canada. He still wont buy anything foreign even though they are built in American by Americans. His excuse is "it all goes back to Japan."

Im not sure if this was ever true or not but there was either a province or city in China that tried to name itself "USA" or "America" so the stickers they put on things made there would say "Made in USA" or "Made in America."

Not the best Tow vehicle but it's what I have to get started Toyota Tacoma V6...they last forever on these shite roads down here..in a couple of years I will be going Diesel Ford or Dodge.

I just added a 2000 f350 super duty 7.3L power stroke 6speed single rear wheel to my fleet. The thing is a beast and handles anything. Now I just gotta find time to figure out the whole veggie oil thing.

My vehicle of choice...

I loved my F-150 and I'm starting to really like this thing. The test of time will determine if I love it or not. My Ford stood up to me beating the crap out of it....lets see if the mighty Titan can take it. 7000 miles and counting with no problems yet.

post-1756-137772161369_thumb.jpg

post-1756-137772161377_thumb.jpg

I love my Isuzu 17ft box truck with my Honda 20Hp General 2500psi 12gpm and my Honda 13hp AR 4000psi 5gpm both on hot water rigs and an ionizer filtration system running off a 500 gallon supply tank. Also equipped with a new 220 gallon tank with just 12% bleach, and its new Apple Vari-flow system dual Delavan 5.3gpm 60psi 12V roof pumps plumbed in tandem to a 200ft reel of 3/4 inch industrial garden hose. Two concrete cleaners. One 24 inch stainless steel with 3 wands & 4gpm nozzles for the big daddy and one 20 inch stainless steel with 2 wands & 2.5gpm nozzles for the 13hp.

ZZZZ....huh?? What was that?...oh I was dreaming. Don't have the money yet....grrr

1996 Ford E350 Box Truck - Prep & Seal truck

2000 Ford E250 Cargo Van - Prep & Seal

1999 US CARGO 7x16 Enclosed Trailer - Construction Work and to haul the bike :)

2002 FORD E350 Crew SRW Diesel 4x4 (my toy)

Im pretty much a ford guy... the wife is even driving a Ford - 02 Excursion 4x4

The diesel by far gets the best fuel mileage... 14/20

Izusu turbo diesel 14 ft flatbed 8 gpm hot 5.6 gpm hot 550 gallons of water couple of hose reels couple 12 volt chem pumps 50 gallon under bed chem tank. couple surface cleaners. for what i do i dont think i could be set up any better.

I am so pleased to go back and review this thread where most have bought domestic vehicles!

Reciprocity is what it's all about.

I built homes for many years. Many, many homes.

Only once, that's one time, did a person working for a foreign auto manufacturer purchase my work product.

It is a good thing, to support your neighbors. The people you live with, and enjoy being around.

Other people, elsewhere?

Well, I just don't know.

What I DO know is I can at least match the quality and exceed the level of service that comes from distant workers who will NEVER reciprocate at a level that produces substantial employment among my neighbors.

1998 Ford E350 gas van, with tank and heated machine in it.

2006 F450 crew cab diesel box truck, tank and 2 hot water machines.

2004 16' Enclosed trailer, tank and hot water machine with floor cleaners, generaters and lights

2008 Ford F350 turbo diesel to pull the trailer and a 1500 gallon tank. The New diesel is amazing!

My Ford F-150 was just repaired.

00 with a 4.2 v6, 112k miles.

My kid replaced the bad water pump.

A few months back he replaced the alternator. (probably him jumping other cars popped it!)

Other than 2nd set of brakes, and tires, it's done everything expected of it, and more...

Ford has been top selling pu for 31 years.

There's a reason why.

Ford has been top selling pu for 31 years.

There's a reason why.

yeah, cause Nissan hadn't built the Titan :D

Over 38K miles now and not one single problem, rattle, shake, shimmy...nothing. I love my Titan.