Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Any Golfers here?

Question

19 answers to this question

I love golf and have played since I was 10 years old. I try to play 2 or 3 times a week. With two young boys I have taken a year or two off from playing, but now my oldest son is six and he plays with me.

Scratch in college... now I'm probably an 8 or so. Pretty ironic that I live in Golf Central (PGA WEST, BIGHORN, LANDMARK, RANCHO LA QUINTA..etc) and only get out once every 3 months.

post-738-137772144664_thumb.jpg

thats awesome Craig....should be on the tour !!! well, you can get a bit older and hit the senior tour, or get on the Hooters tour or something....

after that pic was taken, did you turn on it and crush it baseball style like Tiger? :cool:

Looks like Tiger's back. And he may be tougher than ever.

Too hot to play this weekend. Did anyone get out?

I've been in the low 90's for a little while now. I started playing two years ago, so my learning curve is still a bit steep. I read "The Inner Game of Golf" and put a mental pre-shot routine into my game. I had been a pretty erratic upper 90. I recommend the book.

Haven't played in more than a week. Kinda Jonesin'.

Bill

i just got into it this year, i spend a lot of time at the driving range. Can't hit a ball worth the crap, but i'm gonna keep going. Doing a 9 hole on thursday( i'll let you know how i do)

Got back from vacation in Wisconsin last week. We played once and I shot an 82- and that's with 3 birdies. My short game was terrible and I three putted 11 greens! LOL Luckily my long game was there and I was 4 feet away from a hole-in-one on a 337 yard par 4. I was on the back fringe on another 322 yard par 4! But it really doesn't matter how long you can hit 'em if you can't hole them out!

I'm in the same boat Craig is.I can hit the green on a par 4 fairway with my tee shot,but it takes 6 more strokes to get the ball in the cup.

I rarely play anymore.When I was in my early 20's I had a fair long and short game (around a 10 handicap).Too much softball has killed my golf swing.

I'm in the same boat Craig is.I can hit the green on a par 4 fairway with my tee shot,but it takes 6 more strokes to get the ball in the cup.

I rarely play anymore.When I was in my early 20's I had a fair long and short game (around a 10 handicap).Too much softball has killed my golf swing.

That's my problem. I played baseball for 8 yrs as a kid and now I try to hit the ball like a baseball. That doesn't work...