Sign in to follow this  
John T

Would you want a rig like this??

Question

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Silver-Eagle-Pressure-Washer_W0QQitemZ7539728248QQcategoryZ46536QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is my response from *** bb.

This is the website where I believe that rig was purchased http://www.silvereaglemanufacturing.com/tandem_axle.htm

I would love to have a set-up like that. The possibilities with a set-up like that is endless. I was just talking to a contractor at our local Powerwashing disributors shop (www.indequipment.com which is where I had a roundtable at this past year) who has a rig set-up that produces 15gpm with his Diesel Powerwasher. He also has a sprayer set-up similiar to what is shown here. He cleans mostly by himself and he stated that with the high GPM's and the high output sprayer he can clean amazingly fast. He just cleaned a large apartment complex in my area for $15,000..in two days by himself!!! If I gross $15,000 in a month from Powerwashing I'm happy and he made that in 2 days.

IF you think thats alot of $$$$ you should check out Water tower cleaning.I had my worker go to a bidding process to represent a PWNA company that was bidding on cleaning a few water towers in my area. I was asked to bid this but I passed it on to a PWNA member who specializes in this field. For at most 3 weeks worth of Powerwashing these water towers the 10 bids went like this. The two lowest Bids where $36,000 and the highest was $200,000. The lowest two where kicked out as was the few highest. The winning bidder was around $75,000...for 3 weeks of work with a crew of no more then 4 workers.

The end result with the PWNA guy was that he got 2 days of cleaning also and his gross was $14,000 between him and his worker. Not bad for two days of Powerwashing...................

29 answers to this question

My opinion, its got some really nice equipment, but its totally pretentious and asanine!

Lance thats the line I use when I can't afford something...like this rig :) I would love to have it and put a ton of hoses on it so it can reach most anywhere. Just a dream.

Lance thats the line I use when I can't afford something...like this rig :) I would love to have it and put a ton of hoses on it so it can reach most anywhere. Just a dream.

No, it's just pretentious and assinine...

Could I afford it? Sure, financed. Do I want to? Hardly....

I could see having a setup like that if I were doing a LOT of large area flatwork, or something else that requires a lot of power...

You say you can't afford it, but you said yourself that you could make $15k in two days by yourself with a rig like this, or wash a water tower with 4 employees for $75k in three weeks...the rig would be paid off in no time at all. I say, go for it!

Me? I don't want to clean water towers, and I have my doubts about a one man show washing an apartment complex in two days for $15k...someone was lying, or someone got screwed. I don't care if you're putting out 100gpm...you're not going to wash $15k worth of apartments in two days by yourself, even at the over-inflated rates you northerners charge! :eek:

IF you think thats alot of $$$$ you should check out Water tower cleaning.I had my worker go to a bidding process to represent a PWNA company that was bidding on cleaning a few water towers in my area.

PWNA has pressure washing companies now??? Next thing you know they'll be holding reclaim classes for $500.00 a shot!

.....interesting......the high bidder right now is a guy named John......John T., that pretty new red Dodge needing something to pull??? :) I hope you get it, I can think of a million ways to make a fortune off of that rig. The industrial/commercial apps. for that thing would be endless. That thing reminds me of the first time I ever saw an 18wheeler with 12" hoses coming out the side blowing out mulch.....expensive, but they locked up all the commercial jobs.

John T, went your website....you use that bucket truck much??? Looking to part with it anytime soon?? Just curious. Do you like the way the bucket on your truck works as opposed to the knuckle type??

John T, went your website....you use that bucket truck much??? Looking to part with it anytime soon?? Just curious. Do you like the way the bucket on your truck works as opposed to the knuckle type??

If you want a bucket trcuk I'm selling one. Well a guy has an offer in on it but I don't call it sold til I have cash in hand.

Mike- Nobody's lying. Those $$$$ are accurate whether you want to believe it or not. I was surprised myself when my guy told me what the bids where on the water towers........Speaking of "Water Towers" there organization is if I understand this corrrectly much larger then the PWNA and there Convention attracts a ton of people. Here's another little insight about the Water Tower Org. Thru this org a member gets certified to clean these water towers and that goes along way in nailing down these type jobs. It might even be mandatory to have these certifications to even get these jobs(I have to find out about that one to be sure).

A ton of business if you want to play with the big boys is done thru networking.....this is one of the reasons why I support orgs. Another huge tip for you that I learned from talking with some of the bigs in this business as far as orgs go...BOMA!!! To be a member of that org. its somewhere around $1000/yr and aprox $200/month fee's to attend there meetings etc. The end result there is that you can get some really big commercial accounts which will make that membership price worth its weight in GOLD!!!

Back to this post my commercial side of my business is growing and with a rig like the above I can see the tremendous upside to it. The downside is I will have to sell some items to pay for a rig of that magnitude which most likely I will not get and if I do I will put the items for sale here first to give some of you some good deals for this business.

Jon Fife- That bucket truck is $$$$ in the bank. Just ask the guys that powerwashed the Cooperstown Hall of Fame baseball stadium that we just did for the PWNA Clean Across America Campaign. For $10,000 this truck was a steal and you can get one for less if your a little bit lucky.

John T and PressurePro,

Thanks for the info on the bucket trucks. I know I could benefit from one, but I don't know if it would be enough to justify the cost, and I know resale on true work trucks (buckets, utility beds, etc) is tough. PressurePro has a nice one John, you should check it out and add it to the fleet:) If I get one, it will have to be 4x4.

Jon,

I've been talking to the owner of that rig set-up for the last few days. David Olsen from Tidy Powerwash http://www.tps-inc.com has LP set-ups and I've always admired the way he has done business and the equipment he has. Who knows what I'm going to do next but my eyes are always wide open.............

$12,200.00 and the reserve has not been met which means the going price could be at least twice as high and thats a lot of mula to come up with at this time of year as the season winds down.

Nice rig but whew! Overkill to the max and the thing only heats water up to 130*?

With 2 burners no less...someone is trying to impress someone with their set up designs.

Hey John, where you gonna park it if you get it? Aren't those other vehicles of yours taking up all the space? ;)

Good Luck on the bidding!

Rod~

Rod,

There's some typo's in there that the owner of this rig friend put in at Ebay. So here's some of the facts and most of them are interesting. First off those Burners heat up to over 200 degrees. The 45 hp Diesel engine is really 48hp diesel. This Powerwasher is rated at 11 gpm at 3600psi and its a 2 gun set-up that gives each 5.5 gpm @ 3600psi. There's a sandblasting set-up on there that cost over $800 and also a stainless steal storage units that cost over $600 that is not figured into the $39,100 that he paid for this rig. The guy who owns this rig is an Engineer who works for his fathers company who the father owns and I've spoken to both at there company and on his cell....................The story gets more interesting........This rig was purchased for a $38,000,000(Thats no typo) Powerwashing contract that involved 80 bldgs and all of the surrounding flatwork(These bldgs are in Fort Worth Texas).........and.........when the work began the contract was lost because of a LOWBALLER!!!(Another long story which I want to get more info on). This contract also involved the Texas HWY dep't.............................................................

The story gets more interesting. They still owe the bank a ton of the money on the rig............and now here's the kicker...... There was 3 guys at least who where tyring to purchased this rig off line with one being from San Diego.One from Houston and myself. The end result is it was sold for less then what was owed on it which was over $27,000. And who bought it........take one guess:)

John,

It's a little more rig than the wife and I could handle around Mayberry...lol,but let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!! If you can put it to work and keep it working more power to you.It's a hell of a nice toy.

Scott,

LOL. Thanks. Its funny you say Mayberry. My "other" job the surrounding Dep'ts refer to my job as Mayberry.........and I like that.

John,

Im gonna start calling you gadget!

Go Go Gadget Tornabene!!!

:)

Rod~

ps, skimmed the typo correction part but missed the particulars, thanks for the update on that, but it still is a monster rig!:borg:

btw, there may be a bunch of us that want to see you pull up with that rig in tow to the next round table meeting or convention just to get an up close peek and a :camera: or 2. What do you think?

John Tornabene, I dub thee...Lord of the Rigs!

Rod~

John....

Great job in landing the rig. It looks great. As far as I know, you have one of the most interesting set up's that I have seen in this industry. We expect to see you and the "Monster Rig" on the cover of Cleaner Times in the near future. LOL.

Good Catch.