Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Are you a BBB member?

Are you a member?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member?

• Yes
    • No

Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau? I had a customer send an inquiry to the local chapter and they in turn called to solicit me for membership. If you have benefited from BBB membership in any way, please elaborate in the thread. Thanks.

Ken. I'm not currently a BBB member, although plan on joining in 2006 for my first full-year in business. In speaking to other members in town that do service-related work, they do receive consistent leads from pre-purchasers calling the BBB or visiting their website. All things equal, I would choose to do business with BBS member, over a non-member. The ability to use the BBB seal on company material is reason enough for me.

Merry Christmas to you...

/neil

I've been a member for 4 years. Gotten a few sales leads through them, but the biggest plus is customers knowing they've got someone to go to if a complaint can't be resolved, and a merchant carrying that logo should hold himself to a higher standard of customer service and never have the BBB called in the first place. Chamber of Commerce is another organization worthy of a look. Lots of networking opportunities and adds an air of credibility.

Nope. I was for 2 years and got no leads and most people around here dont care if you are or not (it seems.) I think a good portfolio and some good references are better than an expensive plaque. Oh, I almost forgot, you get a couple of stickers too!!!:lgkick:

Currently a member and have been for the last couple of years. Pro's and con's to any organization. If you think joining will improve your overall business strategy then I say it is worth the investment.

I was doing a show the BBB was there with a booth. Booth wasn't staffed half the time. And when they were there they were to busy flirting with the other vendors. My question is who can we report for there poor business practice. Currently I am NARI member.

Charlie

This was something JohnT posted on another site some time ago. This isn't the first time I've read similar stories about the BBB. I have even heard it compared to the Mafia from a few people.

The BBB here let me know that since I wouldn't join I wouldn't receive favorable recommendations from them. Whatever, like scare tactics are going to help me decide to spend money on a membership with them.

I have had moderate success with our Chamber of Commerce memberships. It's nice to be listed in the directory,but it doesn't bring in truck loads of money either.

**********/board/upload/showthread.php?t=3344&highlight=BBB

Uhh... How many of thier membership lists are distributed free of charge to commercial businesses?, home owners?, non-members?

When is the last time you needed a contractor and picked up the phone to call the BBB?

Most of my customers use the internet at work or the yellow pages to find venders.

Personnally, I cant see spending $400 to get a BBB emblem on my business cards or yellow page ad. If a customer wants arbitration or wants to complain to the BBB all you have to do is resolve the issue with the customer once notified and you have a good standing again...

2 cents...

I've learned over time that what works in one geograghical location rarely works in others. But for what it's worth, I donated $385 last year for some stickers and a few harassing phone calls to re-up.....That's about it.

It was a great year for business all the same.

Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau? I had a customer send an inquiry to the local chapter and they in turn called to solicit me for membership. If you have benefited from BBB membership in any way, please elaborate in the thread. Thanks.

They called me too saying someone called in asking about me but I found out they were laying because they called me this past week when I hadn't worked in 3 months. I asked how long ago did the person called and they said about a week ago. I think they are calling random people from the yellow pages and trying to get new members

They called me too saying someone called in asking about me but I found out they were laying because they called me this past week when I hadn't worked in 3 months. I asked how long ago did the person called and they said about a week ago. I think they are calling random people from the yellow pages and trying to get new members

Hmmm..interesting. I got a call from them about 3 months back, left a message on my voicemail, which I returned. I got the guy's voicemail, so I left a message asking what it was about, and if it was a sales call, don't bother calling back. I never heard from him.

Andrew,

It seems to us that it is worth it so far. We do quite a bit of residential work and we have seen the consumer confidence increase on larger jobs just because they see that little logo, and they can go and call or check online with them and see you are real, and have no complaints against your company.

Beth

I joined last year and 2 weeks after I was listed on the site, an Apartment Complex found my Name on the site. I landed that job. It was an easier sell and I was not the lowest bid. It paid for the membership for the next 10 years. Yes, I believe it helps in conjunction with all the other forms of image promotion.