Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Best TV series

Question

26 answers to this question

Although it was as much cult as it was pop, I liked 'Northern Exposure.' It reminded me of my home town, part Mayberry, part Twin Peaks. 'Chris in the morning' was probably my favorite character.

:lgkick:

Mine is 24. My favorite character is Jack Bauer. I like him because he gets it done no matter what. Protocol is out the window. I'd like to be him just for one day, just not "that day." - Fans of the show will know what I'm talking about.

Dirty Jobs on Discovery channel is one of my current favorites.I would love to send that guy into a dumpster corral with a clogged drain and 2" thick in French fry grease.I like the fact the guy is willing to show all the snobs in the world what kind of effort really goes into the jobs they would never consider doing.

The Soprano's also tops the list.

Currently I've been partial to The Apprentice (Donald's not Martha's). Not only do I find it very entertaining, but I've also learned some interesting business strategies as well.

Most Extreme Challenge: Far and away the craziest, most cleverly written thing on the tube these days. Kinda like Mystery Science Theatre 3000, but with Japanese citizen's injuring themselves.

It's an acquired taste, and might be funnier just to listen to without the picture. I'll have to try sometime. Don't try to watch it unless you can listen hard, the best lines are quick and come unexpectedly.

Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship are my favorite characters, but Captain Tenille gets some great attitude going.:)

"My Name is Earl" This show is hilarious. I guess with my Southern roots I am partial to it. The eye candy is nice as well Jamie Presley. This show is written well and the plot is original.

Happy Holidays to All.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

Great Question!

For comedy, I'll agree with Ryan with "south Park". Truly, it has probably the most accurate social commentaries of any show on the tube.

For drama, I'll third for "24". I cannot see how a human could actually watch this show week-to-week.....I'd go nuts. I wait for it to come out on DVD and then I choke it all down in about 2-3 days. I sure did miss Elisha Cuthbert this year--just not her role in the show:)

A close 2nd place would be "Alias". Another nail-biter. I don't find Jennifer Garner the least bit attractive though, which is a negative.

Favorite character is definitely Cartman, followed by the guy (Edwards) on "24" whose sole job is to torture information out of people. Seriously, he just stands outside the interrogation room with his briefcase full of torture instruments and waits to answer the call of duty. What a cool career.

Great Question!

For comedy, I'll agree with Ryan with "south Park". Truly, it has probably the most accurate social commentaries of any show on the tube.

For drama, I'll third for "24". I cannot see how a human could actually watch this show week-to-week.....I'd go nuts. I wait for it to come out on DVD and then I choke it all down in about 2-3 days. I sure did miss Elisha Cuthbert this year--just not her role in the show:)

A close 2nd place would be "Alias". Another nail-biter. I don't find Jennifer Garner the least bit attractive though, which is a negative.

Favorite character is definitely Cartman, followed by the guy (Edwards) on "24" whose sole job is to torture information out of people. Seriously, he just stands outside the interrogation room with his briefcase full of torture instruments and waits to answer the call of duty. What a cool career.

Anyone know where I can apply for the real world equivalent of this?

I have matches,gasoline and a baseball bat.

I have gotten hooked on the show Pinks on the speed channel. Also any kind of restoration show from This Old House to Monster Garage. Most of the shows listed here I have never seen.

I also like home/auto shows, but unless it comes to DVD, I just don't get around to watching it. I'd love to get a TIVO, but I'd watch so much TV I'd have trouble discerning reality from fiction.

Scott,

...ah my friend, with those tools you'd be better suited for the Sopranos or the like. This guy is faaar more surgical--everything is sensory-related. But it would be cool to see him appear with a mace or something.:)

I have gotten hooked on the show Pinks on the speed channel.

Yeah Ken I'm hooked on Pinks also...I set my Tivo to record them every week so i can fast forward thru the commercials.Everytime they start racing they go to a commercial!

Monster Garage and American Chopper also looks great in Hi Def...:cool:

Sounds like 24 is a big hit so far. It's funny how my wife, who is a quiet, soft spoken person gets all rialed up when 24 is on. And when each episode ends she gets off the couch and does the "I don't wanna wait a whole week to see what happens next! dance."

I like prison break also. Another good one is The Shield.

I like "lost" too.We have season one on DVD.I love the plot and concept but it is not near the nail biting and being upset waiting for next weeks episode to come out.

The worst words you can hear at the end of an episode of 24 is when they show previews of the next show and it starts off like "coming in three weeks an all new 24".Talk about wanting to kick something and cry.

I've been an alias fan from the first show. I'm pretty bummed it's ending. I haven't watched but one episode this year.All network programming was pre-empted for Katrina coverage 24/7 so I decided I'd wait for DVD.

OCC is pretty cool too. I love the Teutul family. Finally a more disfunctional family than mine.

I've watched stargate from day one and have seen every episode ...I think.That's classic TV if you watched it from the beginning.

Unless something is escaping me Everybody loves Raymond was the last of the GREAT sitcoms. I can't think of any others that are must see.

I dont have a TV but when I am at my fiannces house I always watch the History and Discovery Channel, it drives her nuts but its bout the only programs that you actually learn from, at least useful stuff IMO.