Sign in to follow this  
John T

Talking Powerwashing on the Grime Scene

Question

Don't you just love this bb. Where else can you talk shop about something your so passionate about with people who have a common interest.

These bb's are a Godsend and I feel this "The Grime Scene" bb is at the very top of the Powerwashing bulletin boards.

Its kind of like when I was younger and my friends and I would talk hours and hours about sports..Today alot of those friends have moved on and our interest have changed. Its nice to know that you can come to a site like this and talk shop with the best of them..

Beth and Rod get a way big thumbs up from me for keeping this site the "Best in the Business" and if they had an award for that this site would win it...Easily!!!

The Golden Globes goes to...no not that kissing cowboy movie with the two gays guys....Its a major upset but the winner goes to THE GRIME SCENE bulletin board!!:lgjump: :lgkick: :lgmoneyey

33 answers to this question

Beth, has elevated the BBs to a new level.

First delco,daves, PWN, *** .............about ten others and then the TGS.

When you think about it we all have gotten better from it. good old competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that made this all happen.

TGS is on top by a mile. Good job Beth......thanks Rod for letting her spend the time on the BB and less dance time.

Ron thank you. Than means a great deal to us coming from you. Don't ever sell yourself short on what you have done for us on the internet. For those who don't know Ron well, Ron ********** helped on PWN when Dan Flynn opened it up. Then Ron broke away and started his own BBS, which is ***. These were the first two VBulletin forums for power washing as far as I know. They set the standard so others could build from there. There are some other BBS's out there, and they too are good and have info worth reading. All sources are helpful.

I stand by what I said. It's all of you here that have made this site what it is. it's the volunteers who moderate, it's the members who participate. All we do, is keep her running and keep her innovative. We could still do that, but if you were not a part of the community it simply wouldn't matter. We have all made this a community we can all be proud of, together.

Beth :sunshine: :dancing:

Yup and do you remember Dan Flynn who owns PWN getting the boot off of Declo's bb then he started his own bb PWN with the help of the one and only Ron Marshall who soon became known as Ron **********.

Another Brief history about Dan Flynn. SInce he was booted off of Delco's bb he has never been a supporter of the PWNA because of this. Anything to do with Robert Hindeliter Dan Disliked. Go over to PWN and try to put a post up with the word DELCO in it..it will show up as xxxxx. Same goes there if you put the word ENVIROSPEC in a post. That one I could never figure out why Dan would make it turn to xxxxxxxxx..Does anyone know why?? Could it be because of his sponsors??

John T, I was never much into the Delco board.....why did Dan get the boot off of there?? I've never liked the way the marketing works on these sites, Sunbrite used to support pwn, then they quit, then they started again, now gone again I believe. And you can find posts where Dan states they have great products, have aweful products, and have great products, LOL, all running along that same timeline.

That site has since taken on a very cranky tone, and I hardly go there anymore. And I frankly thought some that posted there acted stupid far too often for me, just annoying and not funny. I don't know who "cody" is, but he always was a great poster and I wish he posted elsewhere due to what all he brings to the table.

But there is a good core group that I remember from pwn that are still active.....Scott Stone, Dave Olsen, John T, beth, Reedster, matt bryan, grant, Ron M, and many more.

There are guys on the boards that I talk to weekly, and guys I've done jobs with, guys I've done jobs for, guys that have sold me jobs, and guys I've sold jobs to. Great networking!

Uhm, they weren't cowboys, they were Sheep herders.:lgbugeyes Something wrong with that.:lgangry:

Scott

Now thats funny:lgsideway and gross to. So where exactly did Herpes come from??????????

I've visted *** a few times, but it would never let me post.

I vist The Cleaner Network off and on (allthough I haven't in awhile), and it seems to be a good bbs with good people, but seems to clicky to me with a tight nitch group who all knows each other, and when you post and they don't know you, you seem to get ignored.

I used to vist PWNA board quite frequently until they decided kick out non members (that was stupid). Not a very good way to encourage potential new members (just my thoughts, lets not start a debate about it).

I used to go to the PWN often, but go bored with it because the only people that would post would be first time newbies asking the same basic questions that could easily be answered by using the search function.

Then you've got TGS. A far superior bbs with the most activity, the best quailty threads, great managment, and newbies that seem to do their homework before asking questions. The regulars are extremly knowlegable, very helpful, and make newbies and veterans alike, feel right at home. This place is great!

Yup and do you remember Dan Flynn who owns PWN getting the boot off of Declo's bb then he started his own bb PWN with the help of the one and only Ron Marshall who soon became known as Ron **********.

Another Brief history about Dan Flynn. SInce he was booted off of Delco's bb he has never been a supporter of the PWNA because of this. Anything to do with Robert Hindeliter Dan Disliked. Go over to PWN and try to put a post up with the word DELCO in it..it will show up as xxxxx. Same goes there if you put the word ENVIROSPEC in a post. That one I could never figure out why Dan would make it turn to xxxxxxxxx..Does anyone know why?? Could it be because of his sponsors??

I think is more because of his "sponsor" than anything else. I don't think it is because of his dislike of Delco.

I've visted *** a few times, but it would never let me post.

I vist The Cleaner Network off and on (allthough I haven't in awhile), and it seems to be a good bbs with good people, but seems to clicky to me with a tight nitch group who all knows each other, and when you post and they don't know you, you seem to get ignored.

I used to vist PWNA board quite frequently until they decided kick out non members (that was stupid). Not a very good way to encourage potential new members (just my thoughts, lets not start a debate about it).

I used to go to the PWN often, but go bored with it because the only people that would post would be first time newbies asking the same basic questions that could easily be answered by using the search function.

Then you've got TGS. A far superior bbs with the most activity, the best quailty threads, great managment, and newbies that seem to do their homework before asking questions. The regulars are extremly knowlegable, very helpful, and make newbies and veterans alike, feel right at home. This place is great!

Well said on all counts!

I think the Cleaner Network is dying. Maybe Steve can resurrect it, but most of the old crew has moved on, either here, or have simply stopped posting. There were a few "incidents" I think that pretty much ruined it for many of us. Steve's a good guy, with great products, but the board isn't really run like it could be.

Well said on all counts!

I think the Cleaner Network is dying. Maybe Steve can resurrect it, but most of the old crew has moved on, either here, or have simply stopped posting. There were a few "incidents" I think that pretty much ruined it for many of us. Steve's a good guy, with great products, but the board isn't really run like it could be.

maybe when spring comes and people get busy again there will be more post at tcn, just my guess but it has been dead for the last 5 months or so. i know

ive been slow lately and havent had much pwing to

talk about.

maybe when spring comes and people get busy again there will be more post at tcn, just my guess but it has been dead for the last 5 months or so. i know

ive been slow lately and havent had much pwing to

talk about.

I'm sure it will pick back up in the spring, but it isn't anything like it was a year or more ago.

Glad to see you here, Bob! Post some pics of your PVC marvel, for those who haven't seen it!

Lance Powell,

Give Grant a call, I apoligize for you not being able to post. we have had some past admins that just couldnt get it done. Grant now has the BBS in full control and is running it well.

Keep posting you have good stuff

Ron,

I should have added that Grant (I think that was him) did try and fix the problem and was very interested in helping, but I just haven't gotten around to getting back trying to post, so it might work now. I'll have to get over there and check it out. Thanks.

I'm sure it will pick back up in the spring, but it isn't anything like it was a year or more ago.

Glad to see you here, Bob! Post some pics of your PVC marvel, for those who haven't seen it!

I think Steve has lost sight of his board. He's had alot going on and not all positive stuff this year, so I think he let the board go for some time now. Im hoping things get better for him which I think they will in time. He's a unique guy and has done alot for many. I look forward to him being healthy & happy again and then I think his board will be good again, hopefully great.

I do have to say I truly enjoy TGS, I think its run & monitered very well, Not much BS and bickeing. I take my hat off to Beth & Rod. Its like a clubhouse, a hobby and a great learning tool all in one. I dont know what I would do without these boards were else would i go to find answers to my questions. I wasnt born mechanical, or a computer wiz or a biz wiz but I can grow in this biz because of these BB's. TGS is the Best of all.

Thanks Beth & Rod

Never had a reason to visit other boards. Found all that I needed on the TGS.

Well, some of us started out pre-TGS...and some REALLY pre-TGS...I first found ***, and spent hours and days reading everything I could find...then found a few others, but Beth hadn't started this one yet.

I've been around a few years now where I started with other boards. Delco was the first board I found in 98-99. Today I still visit other boards because they all have some value.. I would say right now that this board rivals *** when *** was at its best a few years ago.. PWN was also an excellent board in its infacy but since Dan Flynn got out of the business his board has not been nearly the same.PWNA's bb was closed off so they aren't the same as what these boards are today. THe PWNA bb is more of an info only bb which is what they wanted to do.

I also visited Dave's powerwashing board back in the day and I still Visit TCN every now and then. The Deckcare bb I haven't visited it much since Greg Renstler sold it.

All in all the two best bb's was *** in its heyday and TGS today..

Alrighty.....I first visited Delco's board in 96', anyone top that?????? Ten years......man.

What happened to he hayday of ***?? I took a sebatacle a few years back......seemed *** took one with me. Was it whenever Ron got rid of it?? Ron is great for forums like these.......controversy=lots of posts. I always love Ron's posts, he can kick up some dust but is also a great businessman and a visionary for this industry.

Alrighty.....I first visited Delco's board in 96', anyone top that?????? Ten years......man.

What happened to he hayday of ***?? I took a sebatacle a few years back......seemed *** took one with me. Was it whenever Ron got rid of it?? Ron is great for forums like these.......controversy=lots of posts. I always love Ron's posts, he can kick up some dust but is also a great businessman and a visionary for this industry.

I don't even think I'd discovered the Internet yet.