Sign in to follow this  
ken wiggins

My new rig was not what I ordered !

I picked my new rig Friday. Made my way to Shalotte, NC to work with Jeff. He looks at my pump and said , I thought you were getting a 8GPM ? I said yea, that's right. It says 6 on the pump. I took the rig back today, and thay said, O, yea, well, what happened is we changed te gearing so this unit will get more gpm and will go a little over 7. Now, my quote says 8GPM 24HP, 3500 psi. After I met with the owner, he agreed to put an 8 on my machine. This is a Karcher system and looking on the web site, thay only make a 8.5 gpm, not a 8, and it is powered by a 27hp, not a 24. My question is, when they put this 8.5 [ or 8 if they make one ] is the 24 hp large enough for this system ? :lgangry: I can't beleive thay did this. It's like buying a V8 auto and getting home and discovering you got a 6 cyl., going back to the dealer and them saying, O,yea, well we bored it so it will run like a V8.

I picked my new rig Friday. Made my way to Shalotte, NC to work with Jeff. He looks at my pump and said , I thought you were getting a 8GPM ? I said yea, that's right. It says 6 on the pump. I took the rig back today, and thay said, O, yea, well, what happened is we changed te gearing so this unit will get more gpm and will go a little over 7. Now, my quote says 8GPM 24HP, 3500 psi. After I met with the owner, he agreed to put an 8 on my machine. This is a Karcher system and looking on the web site, thay only make a 8.5 gpm, not a 8, and it is powered by a 27hp, not a 24. My question is, when they put this 8.5 [ or 8 if they make one ] is the 24 hp large enough for this system ? :lgangry: I can't beleive thay did this. It's like buying a V8 auto and getting home and discovering you got a 6 cyl., going back to the dealer and them saying, O,yea, well we bored it so it will run like a V8.

TAKE IT BACK get your $$$ this is a scam

Ken, give me a call, Id be worrying about warrenty, it wont be a Karcher pump so no warrenty by Karcher. I'd tell them I want a whole new skid unit, it will be a battle.

I was telling the guy who fixes my machine today what happened and he told me of 2 simular cases where -- did the same thing to 2 other guys. One was a 8 GPM machine and they got him a 6 gpm and my mechanic tried to put an K7 for an 8gpm machine and it wouldnt work , because it was for an 8gpm. Theres something going on with that company & its wrong.

Hope you can get it settled they Knew they sold you a 6gpm and said they geared it for a 7 which is probably BS and they didnt tell you and still charged you.

Ken call Karcher and tell them whats going on and see if they will help you, they let this guy be their distributer. Im sure they probably wont like whats going on with a brand new machine. Get the serial # and all Karcher

Good luck to you to bad this is going on

Jeff

ken, I am really surprised that you had that happen. I deal with ICE here locally, and he is the brother of ICE in Wilmington.

I would think that he has no choice but to honor the original invoice, size etc for the machine you ordered. I would definitily make sure he upholds that.

I am going to mention it to my local guy next time I see him.

Good luck gettin gthis resolved, I am sure you will though.

Sorry dude. I sucks that you pay good money for somthing, and end up dealing with a bunch of crap. Hope it all works out.

This is the exact reason why I don't deal with anyone that I haven't heard good things about from multiple other contractors. (with the exception of of one company. Gee, I wonder who that could be) :rolleyes:

Thanks all, They have agreed to put a 10GPM General pump on it, and I guess what they are going to do is back it down to an 8gpm. I will make sure that I have a warranty for all of this BS that should not have happened. Amazing isn't it ??

It is amazing. That's outright fraud. They knew what they were doing. Ken, I would still be very skeptical. You are retrofitting an expensive machine with different parts. Most manufacturers will void their warranty for that. Jeff's advice was dead on. Call Karcher beofre you do anything.

I'm not trying to say this guys right or wrong. If we all looked at our equipment we would find that the manufactures under powered our equipment also.

Ts2021 I know on my equipment is not rated for 3500.

I was explained when i questioned this same thing years back. Most things have a tolarance 3 times rating.

I didnt like the answer, the dealer can make your equipment virtually what ever he wants with out actually changing motor or pump.

If your agreement has specifics then your right. if it didnt specify the size of motor you could be SOL.

I hope it all works out. Goodluck

Yea, I've got specs, thay say 24HP, 8GPM. That's what was quoted. Not what was delivered. If manufactures and distributors are not being up and up on the specs thay provide and it is common in the industry, the industry has a problem.

Who the heck is ICE?

overpriced losers from my experience. luckily it has not been my $$$. a friend of mine used to buy truck wash from them. purple power from wally world was better and cheaper.

Is ICE a local dealer or an internet dealer? If a web dealer, what's their web address?

They are a local dealer in Kens area, thats why he went to them so he wouldnt have problems getting warranty work done. Ken is brand new to pressure washing and just wanted the reliabilty of a local dealer/distributor but I think all he's getting is bull s--- from this guy and it isnt right

From my friend!!

I am a Karcher dealer in southern PA and I saw your post about the machine 8 gpm @ 3500 psi. Someone is jerking your chain a little, We also manufacture some units for mobile wash applications. There is no way you will get a 24 honda to crank out 3500 psi @ 8 gpm. I like Honda engines but the 24 Honda engine is one of the worst over rated engines in the industry. You may get 3000 psi @ 7.0 - 7.5 gpm. I did a system 3 ½ yrs ago with 24 Honda’s and we ran them at 6.5 gpm @ 3600 psi and the system worked great! I guess I build stuff to last in the rigors of the mobile business, because in the middle of August your engine will not cool like in January.

Also I’m curious to know what Karcher machine you are buying because my price book has nothing like this in? I do a lot of business with Karcher and they are a very reputable company. I hardly doubt Karcher is making this machine with these specs. Because they rate their machine w/ actual specs and are very conservative in their ratings. Example, Karcher rates their 13 Honda unit at 3500 @ 3.7 gpm, most manufactures round up the numbers and call it 3500 – 4000 psi @ 4.0 gpm!

Not trying to be smart with ya, but I would like a little more info for my curiosity.

Please call me

Thanks,

Jonathan Martin

Sales Manager / Owner

Country Powerwashing& Equipment

717-765-9478

Ken give fullblasts friend a call.

Fullblast just so you know & your friend knows. Ive talked with Ken several times before and after he purchased this skid unit from this guy and Ive seen the paper work on it and the machine. Ken had this guy set up a trailer rig with trailer, skid unit, 2 hose reels, tank & misc.. The quote page listed everything above and it did say 8GPM hot water 3500psi for $XXXX.XX and Ken got a Karcher skid unit, trailer etc etc etc all set up, for the exact Dollar amount quoted $XXXX.XX. Ken has always stated and the quote verifies it that he want & thought he was getting a 8GPM machine. Ken wanted 8GPM so he could run 2 guns off this machine. MATTER OF FACT the machine he got was only a 6GPM 24hp 3500 psi machine ALSO this dealer has it set up to run 2 guns. Who the hell would want 2 guns running at 3GPM each. It is split at the pump and has 2 seperate pressure lines and guns

Ken knows very little about machines like many of us when we 1st start out. When Ken came and met me Sunday to get a little on the job experience ( He was helping me do a bank and show him a little about stuff) I was AMAZED when I saw on the pump 6GPM. Now this dealer/distributer LIED out right when he sold this to him and then lied again when Ken confronted him about it today. This is an outright scam, What dealer would split a 6GPM machine to 2 guns, he knew if he split it he might get over on Kens lack of knowledge and he did at first. I suggestted to Ken that he calls Karcher tomorrow and explain whats going on. I HOPE Karcher gives Ken assistance. Karcher sold this unit to this dealer or distributer that then sold it to Ken. I really hope Karcher gets all over this. This hurts the image Karcher has. This guy that sold it to Ken has been in Biz a long time Ive been in this area 6 years and he has ads in several Yellow Pages and a store or 2, he know what he's doing and thats SCREWWING Ken

Fullblast if your friend can help Ken that would be great Ken needs the assistance and needs it now

If anyone has connections with Karcher or anyother ideas that may help Ken , give him a hand this is a horrible way to start for Ken

JL

Yea that is crazy!! I don't go for that crap!!! NO WAY!!

I'm sorry Ken that it had to start this way for you!! Lgangry

Trust me Ken. This fella that I gave you was in the washing biz hisself for 5 years or so (don't know for sure how long it was, maybe more) and has been in the sales now for some time.

He sets up real washers for people. I have 3 washer that were shop built.

1- 90 hp John Deere diesel with 3 7@ 3600 comets.

1- 60 hp Duetz Diesel with 2 7@ 3600 comets

1-20 hp lombardini diesel with 8@ 3000 admiral pump.

These were all shop built. I have 3 more washers too that I bought.

He does know his stuff!!

Ken,

Check out the vendors here listed under the FAQ button There are a number or reputable ones.

Robert Williamson

Russ Johnson

Tom Vogel

Pete Marentay

Larry Hinckley

All these guys are straight up great to work with.

Beth