Sign in to follow this  
M Hinderliter

Responses to PWNA Press Release dated Sept.14th - split thread

Does any of this surprise any of you?I made these same observations numerous times over the last several years,only to be labeled a conspiracy theorist and crazy(which by the way I have never denied,you guys just can't prove it).

This stuff comes full circle every year or so and the membership gets up in arms.Then by some divine intervention(likely some ego stroking,a PWNA coffee cup,logo decal and maybe a new PWNA T-shirt) the ones that are complaining the loudest all of the sudden jump back on the band wagon and all is good.

There is an easy solution to the problem.Stop paying your hard earned money to people you all apparently do not trust.Time and again you as members have proven to yourselves that there is something foul in Demark.

Yea It did surprise me...... maybe I will get a new T-Shirt.... Cant / dont want to jump on the band wagon.... There would have to be changes in the photos oin the PWNA BOD home page.

I dont expect all of the BOD to see my point of view, but I would be willing to bet a few of them do,,, having them voice public concerns about conflicts will not likely happen.

Member recruitment is essential. So is ethical business practice and member retention

Right, and unethical (or even seemingly unethical) practices will keep recruitment and retention down. People like me who have been on the fence about PWNA for quite a while, who come here and read what's going on (or even just what some think is going on), will choose to stay away.

There may be nothing unethical going on, I really don't know. Some things look funny to me, but they may be totally innocent. However, even the appearance of shady or unethical practices ought to be avoided. If something could possibly be taken or misunderstood in that manner, then it ought to be avoided, or at least openly explained up front.

My wood cert is good until 2008, then I will inform my customers that I held a certification in the past and that I ws a past member and I will explain to them why I left.

You dont need to be a member, Matt hasnt been one for years and is grandfathered in for lifetime. Never was a member.

Right, and unethical (or even seemingly unethical) practices will keep recruitment and retention down. People like me who have been on the fence about PWNA for quite a while, who come here and read what's going on (or even just what some think is going on), will choose to stay away.

There may be nothing unethical going on, I really don't know. Some things look funny to me, but they may be totally innocent. However, even the appearance of shady or unethical practices ought to be avoided. If something could possibly be taken or misunderstood in that manner, then it ought to be avoided, or at least openly explained up front.

Well I voiced my concerns.... Thanks for everyones input. Again, these are my perceptions, by all means look into it for yourself. There is more, but the theme is the same. I will post my website link when I finish writing and posting my message to my customers.

I can say from personal experience that the roof cleaner Sunbrite sells doesn't work well, at least in my experience. That's the first, and last, roof I ever cleaned with SH. Thank GOD I had chlorine on the trailer that day. After two hours of applying chems as instructed, and blasting the crap out of the roof and getting mediocre results, I cleaned the last 2/3 of it with chlorine in an hour.

We should hope all our competion attends the PWNA roof cleaning class. Best thing for business yet.

Scott

Things have certainly heated up since last evening. We want everyone to remember the forum rules. Please keep them in mind as you post. Avoid bashing, flaming, etc.

Thank you.

Beth

:cup: no coffee was spilled during the creation of this post :cup:

This thread was split after much discussion. The PWNA sent an announcement to be posted. That should be respected. At the same time there are valid questions being asked, and concerns being addressed. We feel this is also important. Thusly, after much thought we decided it best to split the announcement from the responses. A quote has been added to the initial response to keep this new thread in context.

We believe this is the best way to address this thread.

Thank you.

Beth & Rod

Okay Mathew - dispel the rumor! Did you send it? What did it say? And the biggest question - did any of them even acknowledge it?

Celeste

PS If answer 3 is NO, did you really expect them to?

Please post a copy for all of us to see!

Okay Mathew - dispel the rumor! Did you send it? What did it say? And the biggest question - did any of them even acknowledge it?

Celeste

PS If answer 3 is NO, did you really expect them to?

Please post a copy for all of us to see!

LMAO !!!!!

Years later and we are still discussing the same issues. Some things will never change.

I agree with you also Alan.... I do feel that the issues at hand and questionable conflicts are more clearly defined than in the past.

I doubt things will change... we will see.

In regards to what ever is being taught vs what is being sold is purely speculative unless anyone here has actually taken a class and can verify this first hand. I think we should stick to the initial post of this thread which is the main topic.

Rod!~