Sign in to follow this  
M Hinderliter

Responses to PWNA Press Release dated Sept.14th - split thread

Recognized by whom has always been a popular question. Given the behavior of the "higher ups" lately, maybe being unrecognized by the general public (ie homeowners) is becoming a blessing in disguise.

Celeste

I feel that The major push is to sell education to the contractors, not sell the PWNA to the public.

Then that is what the mission should be - to educate contractors so better services are provided.....not that whole other line of BS we get for our money. It makes it pointless for any type veteran to remain a member which seems to not fit the mission statement.

Celeste

Mike.... My fault, I havent got them done.... No cash needed, but thanks anyway. Actually, we abandoned the video process component of our business. I do still have to complete the two freebies. Will be done as soon as I close my business this fall. If ypu have any current PICS of work you want included, please send them Please Stay in touch..... I

Recognized by whom has always been a popular question.

Celeste

That's the first thing I thought when I read that press release. I think it is safe to say that virtually no one here in Gainesville even knows what PWNA is...There may be a small handful of very internet active folks who have done enough searching for PW information before hiring a contractor that they may have run across the organization, but I've never met one.

Given the antics surrounding both this issue and the questions many had months ago about the process for selecting education curriculums, I think it is safe to say that they are NOT the leaders in developing and communicating the highest standards in ethical business practices.

And yes, I looked at the documents for Sunbrite Supply of Maryland, and you are correct...so if Henry denied any connection, he's a liar, plain and simple.

general2.gifamendments.gifpp.gifcos.gif trans.gifPrincipal Office (Current):

13433 TILFORD COURT

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874

Resident Agent (Current):LINDA BOCKMAN

13433 TILFORD CT

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874Status:INCORPORATEDGood Standing:YesBusiness Code: Ordinary Business - StockDate of Formation or Registration:01/10/2006State of Formation:MDStock/Nonstock:Stock Close/Not Close:Not Close

trans.gifbtmleft.giftrans.gifbtmright.gif

I guess that could be proof, although maybe she just helped pete get the certificate. Does the owner have to be the one on sales tax? I know income its a must.

It does say agent, not owner.

Not trying to defend here just looking in a different window, I wonder why Henry would have told me different if public records could expose this?

Doesnt seem Henry would make and error like that.

I have a corporation in another state; my address in AZ is not the address on the corporation.

If you have a Nevada corporation you have to pay and agent.

It’s just not absolute; did I ever say you’re not right? NO

Its still possible Henrys wife host as the physical agent in Maryland.

I know that the company’s I pay to be agent do not own my corps.

I will ask him again incase I’m mistaken.

I really don’t see why he would lie about such a trivial matter.

Worse to get caught hiding something…. Your probably correct but its not conclusive.

OH SWEET MOSES! I have ONE WORD............ UNBELIEVABLE. I just read these posts. Then I went to sunbrite's supply website Who I THOUGHT SOMEBODY else OWNED. This is the ROOF CLEANER they SELL.

This kit makes 55 gallons of concentrate, which is enough to clean about 20 average asphalt or tile roofs when used with cold water machines, and even more when used with a hot water machine. The formula is balanced to be strong enough to attack roof algae and stains while being as gentle as possible on the surface. Cleans roofs with gentle agitation and low pressure. Rinses free at any temperature. Contains sodium hydroxide. USDA approved.

COSTS LESS THAN $5 PER ROOF TO USE!

94443trans_1x1.gif$128.

USDA APPROVED : WHEN in The HELL did the USDA get into roof cleaning!!!!!!! UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT of AGRICULTURE. I can't figure out WHY THE USDA would APPROVE a DEGREASER TO CLEAN ASPHALT SHINGLE ROOFS. I think I might have to make a phone call to the USDA. I am not sure WTF is going on with the PWNA but if HENRY is promoting Sodium Hydroxide and TEACHING this in his ( so called roof cleaning CLASSES) I have WASTED another $ 195.00 on the PWNA.

I have a corporation in another state; my address in AZ is not the address on the corporation.

If you have a Nevada corporation you have to pay and agent.

It’s just not absolute; did I ever say you’re not right? NO

Its still possible Henrys wife host as the physical agent in Maryland.

I know that the company’s I pay to be agent do not own my corps.

I will ask him again incase I’m mistaken.

I really don’t see why he would lie about such a trivial matter.

Worse to get caught hiding something…. Your probably correct but its not conclusive.

The registered agent is her attorney. It plainly states she is the owner of NAB, Inc. NAB, Inc. filed the DBA as SunBrite Supply. There are also filings showing NAB, Inc. as owner.

This filing lists NAB, Inc. as the owner, not agent. See previous post for corporate filing link for NAB, Inc.

Entity Name: SUN BRITE SUPPLY OF MARYLAND

Dept. ID #: T00237331

general2.gifamendments.gif trans.gifStatus:ACTIVE Owner (Primary)NAB, INC.

13433 TILFORD CT

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874 1457 Location:SUN BRITE SUPPLY OF MARYLAND

13433 TILFORD CT

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874Renewal Notice Date:N/AExpiration Date:02/07/2011

Mel,

It might be an ingredient in the product but I doubt it is a chemical they teach you to use.

Beth

HUH! Beth, sodium hydroxide IS the main ingredient. HENRY BOCKMAN is teaching the ROOF cleaning section sponsored by the PWNA am I not correct? HENRY is the Owner of SUNBRITE SUPPLY well maybe not on PAPER but he is affiliated am I not correct? Beth do you see my point.

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/ucc-charter/ViewDoc.asp?Film=B00904&Folio=0282&Pages=0002&Date=01/10/2006&Ack=1000361992386536&Domain=Charter&ID=D11056660&Name=NAB%2C+INC%2E&source=1

Articles of Incorporation for NAB, Inc. (with Henry's Housework fax number for correspondence by fax) filed with Maryland.

Well that nails it. She IS the owner of NAB, Inc, and NAB, Inc, DOES own Sunbrite Supply of Maryland.

Who knows why he'd want to hide it.

I agree with Mel that if Bockman is teaching roof cleaning, getting paid for it, and promoting products he sells, something stinks.

I can say from personal experience that the roof cleaner Sunbrite sells doesn't work well, at least in my experience. That's the first, and last, roof I ever cleaned with SH. Thank GOD I had chlorine on the trailer that day. After two hours of applying chems as instructed, and blasting the crap out of the roof and getting mediocre results, I cleaned the last 2/3 of it with chlorine in an hour.

The problem with chlorine is that companies can't very easily package it and sell it as a miracle cleaner.

Now that link does show she created a corporation in Maryland. Thats funny..

Isnt it the same for Everett? deosnt he distribute products too? So you guys are saying aside from not telling the truth about this its a conflict?

Why is this any different than whats happened in the 10 years?

Well matt, your a paying member and if this bothers you. You certainly as a member have a right to complain and change it.

If this is currupt???????? then someone should get it done.

maybe the ULR ******** is availiable? You could tell the story there. show the proof you have and at least some would benifit.

As for me, I'm tired of fighting a battle i cannot win. it doesnt affect me anymore, I have move on with my own things.

Even Delco has moved along and Robert was the founder.

If Everett and John make something more than it was then hats off to them.

Does any of this surprise any of you?I made these same observations numerous times over the last several years,only to be labeled a conspiracy theorist and crazy(which by the way I have never denied,you guys just can't prove it).

This stuff comes full circle every year or so and the membership gets up in arms.Then by some divine intervention(likely some ego stroking,a PWNA coffee cup,logo decal and maybe a new PWNA T-shirt) the ones that are complaining the loudest all of the sudden jump back on the band wagon and all is good.

There is an easy solution to the problem.Stop paying your hard earned money to people you all apparently do not trust.Time and again you as members have proven to yourselves that there is something foul in Demark.

On a positive note Henry has done a good job with his projects with the PWNA.

EA is trying to focus on the over all members as well as run a school.

I mean really whats the org going to become if no one gets paid some how?

I see the need for benifits.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ron... I am no longer interested in trying to change things..... I will tell my story and feelings on my own website to explain to my customers why I am no longer a member... I think that the ******** isnt the message I want to send.... I support thier mission statement concepts.... My wood cert is good until 2008, then I will inform my customers that I held a certification in the past and that I ws a past member and I will explain to them why I left.

This is the reality as I percieve it and the PWNA is welcome to chime in and tell everyone how they see it.

There are members on the BOD who clearly have outside interest with Alliance and some also as vendors. I have no problem with free enterprise. I just feel that if you are in a position to vote, make decisions or influence / persuade other members of the BOD to approve of activity that will benifit your outside interest than the member(s) or you should step down from thier (your) positions.

Whether or not thier intent in making thier decisions is to benifit thier outside affiliation / interest, the end result will.

One could argue that same when it came to hiring the New VP... The question could be asked.... Are thier any members of the BOD that have an ouside businness other than a contract cleaner that would benifit from hiring someone who is director of a large deck / wood organization? It is termed strategic networking.

Take it a step further and look ath the selection process for BOD ballot members... The sitting BOD, past president and a few members control eho gets on the ballot. Why isnt it just an open ballot process?

We have members that are on the BOD that have an address of official record of a vendor corperation as the same has his business and home.

It would be interesting to see the job description / performance criteria that this person was hired to execute. Understanding that I hear this persons past performance is outstanding, I ask, why wasnt this job posted with a job description for all to view, could thier have been members of the org in addition to BOD members on the search and selection committee?.

Education is important and needed.... It is the education that is important, but not the certification. Say I have a certtification in wood restoration from the Northeast Wood Preservation Association. WHen a customer looks at it along side of my PWNA cert and they dont know or care what the difference is. They do care that thier deck looks good when I am done

Member recruitment is essential. So is ethical business practice and member retention