Sign in to follow this  
TNT Pressure Washing

Motorola Razr

Question

Does anyone have this phone? If so do you like it? I have been looking at them on ebay for a while and have loved them since cinglar had them, but I'm with verizon and they offer them now. I want a new phone with bluetooth. If you have a bluetooth compatitable phone and not the razr what kind is it and how would you rate it?

23 answers to this question

Razr=Breakable. At least, that is the reason I didn't get it. I've been with Cingular for a while now (incidently, hands-down the best cell Co. I've ever dealt with). I'd say it would depend on where you carry your phone (as in where on your body). Regarding Bluetooth, I've got an earpiece an never use it. Feels flimsy in my ear, like it is about to fall off. But I have small ears and a really big head, so I look like a pit bull trying to wear a Bluetooth, LOL:) Also, kinda hard to switch from BT to regular phone.....I prefer the old corded headset for now.

We use the motorola I58sr (yellow/black) they are more durable and have better range and battery power.

The others for me like Jon said = broke or damaged from getting wet.

We have had these for 2 years now and the only thing I need for each of them is a new battery pack.

Rod!~

I have the new Nextel Motorola i580. It is the Military spec phone. Dust/rain resistant. Bluetooth. Telenav GPS guided directions. 1.8 Megapixal camera. Will shoot video and has a SD card slot for storing pics, videos, MP3's and easily transfer to computer. Really nice phone.

Beth/Rod-Thats a Nextel phone correct?

My contract with Verizon is coming to an end at the beginning of next year and I have considered going back with Nextel. I do new construction houses for a couple ofcontractors and they both have Nextel and I think it wold be easier to set up jobs. Most of the time I leave my phone in the truck when I wash so it doesnt get wet.

Jon-I knwo how you feel I have a big head too.

Palm Treo 650. Bluetooth plus MUCH more.

It's one of those things that once you have it you wonder how you ever got along without it. I even have QuickBooks on mine so I can see bids, invoices, etc anytime. Spreadsheet with all customers names and numbers. Many uses.

The Razr is great. I've ad it for about six months and it still works good, which is saying a lot because that's about how long they last for me. I got it because it was free (I switched from nextel to cell. one) I have statewide unlimited for $50.00. Their unlimited national plan is only 100.00 Or you can add the surronding states for 5.00. No, I don't sell these phones, just like the service compared to paying 200.00 a month for nextel unlimited. i have dropped the phone ohhhhh 10 or 20 times and it has got wet at least once a week. Works great for me.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I left Nextel for Verizon...I really miss my "beep beep" But I am like you Scott Verizon is cheaper for me also. I have thoguht about the PDA phones but ( I know this sounds dumb) I am not sure exactly how they work. Functions etc. CHRIS did you read about the phone or just play with it till you got it?

I left Nextel for Verizon...I really miss my "beep beep"

I worked for two different companies that used Nextel.

Man, I hated that stinking two-way.

"Beep beep."

"Dangit.

I love my razor; the Bluetooth feature from pc to phone is great. I never loose number and when the gals in the office need to give me a number they just type it in the pc and when I get to the office it asks if I want to update.

The headset I rarely use, its battery just not strong enough for me. If I work around the office more it is nice because its hands free.

I would evaluate the razor as the second best phone I have ever had, the v710 I had was a better phone.

I think the razor so far has been very durable.

Does anyone have this phone? If so do you like it? I have been looking at them on ebay for a while and have loved them since cinglar had them, but I'm with verizon and they offer them now. I want a new phone with bluetooth. If you have a bluetooth compatitable phone and not the razr what kind is it and how would you rate it?

I love mine! Small, easy to use, works great with the bluetooth.

Palm Treo 650. Bluetooth plus MUCH more.

It's one of those things that once you have it you wonder how you ever got along without it. I even have QuickBooks on mine so I can see bids, invoices, etc anytime. Spreadsheet with all customers names and numbers. Many uses.

I had a Treo650 for two days...traded down to the Razr...the speakerphone sucked, and I use that a lot. There were a few other things that made me dislike it...nice idea, but poorly implemented, IMO. Not sure if they've improved with the 700 or not.

The two things that annoys me about Nextel is the fact that there is no roaming so either you have signal or you don't and the fact that they don't have something other than the beep beep sound , It's rather annoying to be in a store and hear a nextel go off and see 20 people start hunting for there phones to see if it was for them. As for me i use a nextel I730 right now but getting ready to upgrade to the I870.

ps... for Durable phones it's hard to beat the old nextel I700's

I am with Cingular and had been mostly happy with my Motorala 550 (? think that was it) but the earpiece volume over time went and it was unbearable. I looked at Razr but went with the Blackberry. Never thought I would ever use one of those. Even though I am a former computer guy they always seemed geeky even to me. I have the 8700c which has a very high speed internet connection. It has been a great business tool. Google Maps, reverse phone look up, Tax Assessor records for getting sq ft on quotes and can even read Grime Scene.

Geeky but have had it since June and have had no problems. It is BT but I continue to hold out on using the headset - that looks goofy to me (but your mileage may vary).

The two things that annoys me about Nextel is the fact that there is no roaming so either you have signal or you don't and the fact that they don't have something other than the beep beep sound , It's rather annoying to be in a store and hear a nextel go off and see 20 people start hunting for there phones to see if it was for them. As for me i use a nextel I730 right now but getting ready to upgrade to the I870.

ps... for Durable phones it's hard to beat the old nextel I700's

Yeah I used to let my cousin know what I was doing before I did it, but when I was in public Id key him up just so it would be to see how many people would fumble around tryign to find their phone. The thing that got me was the incoming beep and outgoing beeps are different but people would still fall allover themselves trying to get to their phones.

Carlos, I never looked at it like that. I guess that’s why I have not been going thru phones in awhile.

I remember the days; now all I need to worry about is keeping the darn thing out of the toilet or my big gulp.

I know we all have lost one or two in that situation?

I stopped throwing them years ago..

Switched from Verizon after 15 or so years, only reason is they have no towers in our area so not able to use the phone, went with Cingular as they just put in two towers, wow what a difference.

Razr for wife and son, Blackberry 8300 for me.

Son loves it, wife says it is just a phone but has better ring tones, volume sucks, to low at the high of 7 for me.

I could care less about the camera part and have no need for them.

For me I have to find two things a phone does, one it must have good tone quality so I can hear on it and it must vibrate strongly so I know someone is calling.

Motorola, Alltel. Like the phone. Alltel's good, on occasion I get yesterdays messages today. Customer service is good.

Although, I did go in last week for some reason. While I was there I noticed the UTStarcom PPC6700. Has windows and stuff all the bells and whistles. $199.00 with 2 years. $699.00 outright. I'm yr. into my new 2yr. so I could get it for $399.00. Walked.

Here's the thing, I've been with them for 5/6 yrs. They gave me a card to log on and eval them. Eval. was good but I did mention the fact that wouldn't they have preferred to get the sale with another 2 yr. contract for $199.00 plus the new $24.00 monthly service charge on top of my bill insted of getting nothing as I walked out the door?

Funny thing is, when my contracts up that phone will be less than $199.00 and the access charge will be too. Go figure!

ISYHTRAH

P.S. Hey, when my contracts up some other company may have a better phone and plan. Why not lock me in right now for another 2 years? Sell a phone and new service plan. Mmmmm, perhaps their not in the business to sell phones and make money on locked in contracts. I guess it must be fun for them or something.

My wife has been having troubles with her razr phone lately. The battery life doesnt seem to last as long as before. Also the battery life indicator - one second says full life and the next it beeps at you that the battery is dead.