Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Bartering services

Celeste,

I was hoping to find someone to remove and replace my driveway and a back patio. Lots of cracks and spalling.

I traded concrete once for pressure cleaening, had a batting cage installed.

I now wish i knew someone that sold fake grass. or astro turf.

Celeste,

I was hoping to find someone to remove and replace my driveway and a back patio. Lots of cracks and spalling.

Can you send pics of the existing concrete? (1) It may be able to be repaired - considerably less than removal/repouring (2) We have a network of concrete guys same as pressure washing - I may be able to find you someone in your area that could give you a hand :) (3) Do you build decks? We could just trade houses for a week or so - I'll fix your drive, you rebuild my deck ;)

Celeste

I barter with guys at the fire station. A house wash and deck wash which takes a few hours for them and in return they work a 10 hour day or a 14 hour night shift. Great on both ends. They save 250 to 500 bucks on average and I get a whole shift off to make a lot more money on more houses, or vacation. This year I spent 15 hours on jobs for fellow workers and in return recieved 5 extra days off from the station.

My sprinkler man wanted his cedar home powerwashed. Approx 2900sf 2 story. I used cleaners and OX acid. He had his workers do most of the work and I supervised. It was great. I got a sprinkler system in my yard. And I have a big yard.

I've bartered for several things with fine results...got my head gaskets replaced, my machine worked on, my house cleaned when I moved out, advertising. As long as you make sure you're trading apples to apples and not getting sour grapes I think it is a great idea.

Daniel Simmons

Sugar Land Roof Cleaning

Houston Window Cleaning

I just bartered Full service AC cleaning (Condenser Coils,Belts,Filters) with an animal hospital for veterinary care (About $600.00 worth). It is an even trade. I trade full service on ONE unit at a dog groomer for 12 dog groomings a year. Last year I traded condenser cleaning for two stencils. Chris just had a big birthday party for his son at a chucky cheese type place, all inclusive, in exchange for one entrance cleaning. And now he's picked it up as a regular monthly account.

I had some work done on my truck was about $500 worth of work. I gave him an old pressure washer that I dont use anymore just rusting in the shed. worth about the same. Also the company that did the graphics on my truck I cleaned his gutters and he took that price off the price of the graphics they were putting together for the truck. Nothing big yet but I like the idea!

We have done some bartering for business services and also home services, not much by we tried it. I anticipate doing less of it this year unless a very cool deal taps us on the shoulder. I'm always willing to listen to suggestions in any case. You never know when a good deal will present itself.

Michael, are you going to the ACR round table in PA? I hope so. I think you would really enjoy it.

Beth

I have bartered for some marketing work. Working out a deal for some website stuff. As long as both parties think they are getting a fair trade I think it is great. I would probably only barter with people I know though or who come with a good recommendation from someone I trust.

I have bartered for radio spots, door signage, business cards, newsspaper ads, website pop ups and banners plus other stuff I can't even remember.

The most recent is a Catfish diner that I clean their dumpster area qrtly. Haven't paid for a a catfish meal since. Ha.

Well worth it too as the area is only 10x10 or so. Takes about as long to setup as it does clean, so I am not there long.

Does bartering for sustainance count?

Edited by Adrian
I'm still learning to spell.

I have never really bartered before. So last week I go to see my attorney and we are discussing some things I wanted him to do. He then asks if I have a few minutes for him to do what I need. I wait it out and he comes back with three commercial properties that he needs pressure washed. I expected to pay around 500 going in....(he just agreed yesterday) but I came out making 1200 three times a year for the next 2 years....Now thats bartering....LOL

We had a load bearing wall taken out and a beam installed in our kitchen for a couple of washes :) Also used to clean Applebee's once a month for gift cards - that went on for a little over a year - it was cool!

Last spring I was having trouble starting my lawn mower when my neighbor pulled up on his shiny new John Deere riding lawn mower and asked me how much I would charge him to clean his house.

I took one look at my lawn mower, that I was about ready to run over with my truck, then took a look at his new John Deere and told him I would trade a house wash for some grass cutting. He said DEAL!

I didn't have to cut my grass the rest of the year.

I have bartered for radio spots, door signage, business cards, newsspaper ads, website pop ups and banners plus other stuff I can't even remember.

The most recent is a Catfish diner that I clean their dumpster area qrtly. Haven't paid for a a catfish meal since. Ha.

Well worth it too as the area is only 10x10 or so. Takes about as long to setup as it does clean, so I am not there long.

Does bartering for sustainance count?

Do you have a sign on your truck that says " Will Work for Food" ? :D

Len,

I am not to that point yet.

But when I hang out at the bus station with all the homeless and the druggies and the hookers I have a sign on my guitar case that says will ROCK for food.

It works the same for underpasses and subway tunnels and dark alleys. People just walk by and throw their scraps in the case and I am fed for one more day.