Sign in to follow this  
FCPWLLC

TGS worth $$$

I wonder how accurate they are.. I guess it depends on link backs and search engine page hits primarily. The reason I ask is. it actuallly came in at one fourth the price of a domain I am thinking of purchasing. If it isa ccurate, this may be the best post for me.. Thanks FC

Personally - I think TGS is worth much more ;)

Beth

This board has been worth a great fortune to me. And that isn't even counting the money portion of what it has brought me!

Don't sell, Beth and Rod!:)

Holy Cow. Beth are you available for SEO. I'd have to make change on a $20 to sell RAD. Now I am hellbent on figuring out how to improve ranking. I have good Google ratings and my website had 128,000 hits this year. I would think that would make it worth something?

If anyone is in the know, give me a hint. Is it possibly because my URL is a redirect?

Edit: Had a chance to read more. Its not rated upon what I thought it was rated. The longer your site (info-wise thus creating more non-ranked search engine hits) and the longer its been around (and archived) is what affects the score the most. Dashes are penalized as well. A live person hass to nalyze the true value. With all due respect to you, Beth there is no way anyone would pay that kind of money for SDR's domain. In every possible think keyowrd combination I could think of Henry's website ranked number one on Google and his value was listed as far less. Interesting stuff though. Phew, I can breathe easier.

Holy Cow. Beth are you available for SEO. I'd have to make change on a $20 to sell RAD. Now I am hellbent on figuring out how to improve ranking. I have good Google ratings and my website had 128,000 hits this year. I would think that would make it worth something?

If anyone is in the know, give me a hint. Is it possibly because my URL is a redirect?

Edit: Had a chance to read more. Its not rated upon what I thought it was rated. The longer your site (info-wise thus creating more non-ranked search engine hits) and the longer its been around (and archived) is what affects the score the most. Dashes are penalized as well. A live person hass to nalyze the true value. With all due respect to you, Beth there is no way anyone would pay that kind of money for SDR's domain. In every possible think keyowrd combination I could think of Henry's website ranked number one on Google and his value was listed as far less. Interesting stuff though. Phew, I can breathe easier.

Ken, It's the hyphens.

pressureprosinc isn't worth much either... LOL

Kinda silly anyway. Anything is only worth what you can get for it. I'd like to see if any domains have ever sold for thier estimated value.

I wonder if anyone knows what the highest domain has sold for? that would be interesting to know.

didnt deckguide go for 20gs?????

I would pay for a domain but not at these prices. Years ago companys went to great lengths to purchase a domain name if it were owned by someone else.

When I worked down in Silicon Valley I do remember companies paying top dollar to buy a particular name. I don't think you see much of that going on these days!!!

Edit: Had a chance to read more. Its not rated upon what I thought it was rated. The longer your site (info-wise thus creating more non-ranked search engine hits) and the longer its been around (and archived) is what affects the score the most. Dashes are penalized as well. A live person has to analyze the true value. With all due respect to you, Beth there is no way anyone would pay that kind of money for SDR's domain. In every possible think keyword combination I could think of Henry's website ranked number one on Google and his value was listed as far less. Interesting stuff though. Phew, I can breathe easier.

Ken, call me after Christmas and I'll share what I can to help.

Beth