Sign in to follow this  
John T

should I attend ACR Roundtable in Nov 17

Question

The ACR Roundtable coming up I planned on going with my wife to see some friends and network. There is one individual who him and I are extremely pissed at each other because of a major difference of Opinion. I have alot of friends who want me to go and I'm sure there are some that agree with him do not. I have nothing to say to him as I'm sure he has nothing to say to me. The last thing I want to do is go to this rountable and cause any controversy with this person. If you were in my shoes would you go or just wait to the next one next year so this whole thing blows over. What would you do??

23 answers to this question

We don't let others personal matters deter us from going to be a part of Tom and Barbara's event. If there is someone questionable in attendance, we simply don't interact with them. There are plenty of wonderful people attending who we like to talk to and enjoy their company. Besides, there is so much else to do than worry about any one person and their iniquities of past, present or future. We can all be above pettiness and make the most of the event.

John, bring your wife and enjoy. We don't get to meet with you very often as it is and it is a high point for us.

Rod!~

By announcing that you will be there, you will put the "burden of awkwardness" on the other person. If they have a problem with you being there, then they can decide to not attend. I would not let my fear of the "what if" dictate my actions.

P.S. It would be one thing if there were only going to be 5 or 6 people attending, but with the numbers this event usually draws, I would say it should be easy to get lost in the crowd.

Thanks for the support guys. Tom and Barbara are excellent people and they put on a great show every year. I'm 50/50 going now. The question is if I can get off that weekend since the weekend before I got 4 VanHalen tickets at the colosium and I need those days off also. I do love those roundtables and I built a specialized skid to show off at the ACR rountable....will see.

I post..... some read...... rarely get comments..... not really sure how I am viewed on this site..... but here goes John.

I don't know you personally, other than this site. You seem very intelligent and knowledgable in this field not to mention mature.

Either bury the hatchet or simply ignore, BUT, don't let it rob you of a great experience like a roundtable.

I have only been to one RT in ATL. and it was worth it a thousand times over.

I wish there were some here in the lone star state (HOUSTON ESP.) I would be there everytime.

Being a bigger person makes you a more humble person which commands respect and hopefully closure to your issues with this person.

I post..... some read...... rarely get comments..... not really sure how I am viewed on this site..... but here goes John.

I don't know you personally, other than this site. You seem very intelligent and knowledgable in this field not to mention mature.

Either bury the hatchet or simply ignore, BUT, don't let it rob you of a great experience like a roundtable.

I have only been to one RT in ATL. and it was worth it a thousand times over.

I wish there were some here in the lone star state (HOUSTON ESP.) I would be there everytime.

Being a bigger person makes you a more humble person which commands respect and hopefully closure to your issues with this person.

I agree with you. I would attend any rt event in Texas or close proximity.

AC your viewed just fine, keep posting

JOHN T, are you bringing Hillary if you come. If you do, you dont have to worry about nothing. She can just have the Secret Service take care of "The Problem"

Hope you go, I'm pretty sure I'm going, like to meet ya

WOW.!!!!!!! Feel the love.!!!!!!!

I come here for knowledge and to share, and you guys are spreading a different kind of love than I'm used to reading about, compared to the love you spray. Another reason I like this bb. I guess some of you go way back.

Thanks for the support guys. Tom and Barbara are excellent people and they put on a great show every year. I'm 50/50 going now. The question is if I can get off that weekend since the weekend before I got 4 VanHalen tickets at the colosium and I need those days off also. I do love those roundtables and I built a specialized skid to show off at the ACR rountable....will see.

Well, well, well!!! Van Halen tickets eh? didn't know you were a rocker dude.

:bandplay:

Rod!~

Ken, if you are only an hour out, I hope to see you there. There was sure not enough time to chat about marketing last time. There is never enough time for that. ;) I always feel energized after a good marketing discussion!

Beth

Chained nothing stays the same unchainged yea you keep on rocking----I think thats the words...Seen VH back in 81-86 I got 4 tickets to the Coliseum for and odd price total..$666 Hows that for "Running with the Devil"-VH