Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

night work

Question

I only do night work periodically, and on certain jobs its actually quite pleasant.

But man it really throws me for the next day or two. Puts my whole sytem out of whack.

15 answers to this question

That's one reason we stopped doing hoods. It was really hard with all the day work, decks and so forth. Just was not a good fit. It's hard on the body unless it is a normal daily routine.

Beth

I have some qtrly, drive thru's that are at night, and it seems to take me a week to get back on track. We do what we gotta do though.

I like Sleeping at night, we run around the clock Sunday evening 9PM thru friday around 3pm

Wouldnt have it any other way....

I'm up all hours and hardly sleep much. 4or5 hours max...Once in awhile on Saturdays if I'm out of town I get to sleep in.

no sleep here Im like a zombie. work some nights and cant sllep in the day.+ if i get a job to do i doit but it does suck but im working on filling my nights up for about 3 nights a week and will just check up on the guys. but for now....

Since I work all hours, I try and sleep during the day, without much success. When I am on a night binge, I typically will sleep about 4 or 5 hours after I am done working, wake up, answer calls, and run business, sleep 3 hours or so, and go back to work. It can hammer you. My wife does make my life a lot easier when I am on a night binge, by making sure things stay quiet.

sleep? Whats that. No I need sleep, not a lot. don't like working all night though. I do like two jobs at night once every three weeks till about 3am. Then a quarterly till about 2am. as long as I get to sleep in till about 8. im good to go. I usually schedual a "Board" meeting for the fallowing day.;)