Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How much liability insurance do you carry?

How much liability insurance do you carry?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much liability insurance do you carry?

• $50,000.00 - $100,000.00
    • $100,001.00 - $250,000.00
    • $250,001.00 - $500,000.00
    • $500,001.00 - $750,000.00
    • $750,000.00 - $1,000,000.00
    • $1,000,001.00 - $3,000,000.00

I am trying to get insurance now but they want twice as much when I tell them that I do roofs. $1100.00 for 500K/1mil (no roof work)or 2500.00 with roof work. Unbelievable! No wonder so many people don't have insurance.

I am trying to get insurance now but they want twice as much when I tell them that I do roofs. $1100.00 for 500K/1mil (no roof work)or 2500.00 with roof work. Unbelievable! No wonder so many people don't have insurance.

True but it just takes that ONE time and that company will wish they had insurance.

I just sent in my money to Joe Walters for $1-Mil per occurance, 2-occurances per year. Also equipment insured for $10,500.00. Total bill per year was $1,200.00 I tried other insurance agencies around me but they either didn't cover PW or didn't respond back to me. Hugh (copgib)

Call me - my agent, although located in Burlington is GREAT! But if you want to hunt an agent more local to you - our carrier is Western World, written through TAPCO. I also hear Erie will write coverage for pressure washers. Don't even bother calling State Farm - they hate us in this state.

Celeste

Call me - my agent, although located in Burlington is GREAT! But if you want to hunt an agent more local to you - our carrier is Western World, written through TAPCO. I also hear Erie will write coverage for pressure washers. Don't even bother calling State Farm - they hate us in this state.

Celeste

Thanks Celeste always dead on with the info people need.

G'day

The minimum around here is $5million for public liability, and some government/big corporate contracts want $10million.

:lgmoneyey

John,

G'day mate!

I knew a guy who lived in Melborne (a friend, actually he was from Christ Church in New Zealand) who told me that told me things are a bit inflated over there price wise and that exchange rates for US currencies are outrageous.

Does this account for the higher insurance prices that you posted or am I misinformed?

Rod!~

very informative.

need insurance in the Charlotte N.C. area any ideas?

Not sure if you've gotten insurance yet but give JJ Clark a call

http://www.jjclark.com/

Based out of Charlotte so you could probably even stop by the office.

I didn't know a lick about insurance but he answered tons of questions and probably half dozen phone calls from me. For a company that probably doesn't make much off each policy they really were helpful

Number is 704-632-1530

This joe walters guy doesn't seem to be that good of a deal

I know he knows PWing but over a $1000 for 1 mil liability doesn't seem worth it

Ive got 600k for $300 through erie

Local places want over $2000. for 1 mil, so I see a deal in Joe Walters.

This joe walters guy doesn't seem to be that good of a deal

I know he knows PWing but over a $1000 for 1 mil liability doesn't seem worth it

Ive got 600k for $300 through erie

Yeah, but do you have "care, custody,& control" provision ?

Scott

John,

G'day mate!

I knew a guy who lived in Melborne (a friend, actually he was from Christ Church in New Zealand) who told me that told me things are a bit inflated over there price wise and that exchange rates for US currencies are outrageous.

Does this account for the higher insurance prices that you posted or am I misinformed?

Rod!~

G'day Rod, sorry about the delay in replying - I got busy, and then forgot where this was....

My insurance came up for renewal last November and the quote went up about 15% (to $1600 for $5mil + equip + stock), so I phoned around - and got even bigger numbers. One broker told me that the $5mil minimum was because people kept sueing each other and the premium was so high as there must have been some (big) claims in the industry.

As for equipment costs... I read posts of people complaining about equipment prices and just roll my eyes...

I have a 13 hp 3600 psi 15 l/m (3.5 gpm?) pull start with 2:1 reduction gearbox mobile machine (in hot dipped galvanised frame) and a new one is worth $4300. My 20" s/s surface cleaner would cost about $2,000 new. A standard 1504 s/s tip is $19, while something odd like my 4010 is over $40 and a special order. Quality screw connectors are about $30 each. I have been thinking about upgrading the pump to 2? hp 21 l/m (5.5 gpm?) + hot water, but they are $12,000 +, and the hose reel to go with it is $400 +. I recently paid $550 for 20m (66 feet) of AlfaGomma Super Tuff (? black/grey abrasion resistant) hose (included machine crimped ends - which are compulsory).

At least pool chlorine is only 55 to 65 cents per litre (about $2.20 to $2.60 per gallon) petrol averages about $1.15 per litre ($4.60 per gallon) which is cheaper than milk and beer ($12 to $19 a six pack).

But life goes on, and in 2 weeks I'll be kicking back with a week beside the beach - surf, BBQ, beer... and family

Cheers

Yes Rod

Imports from state-side are expensive.

A couple of years back our dollar was going to be renamed a "peso" as it was only buying about 50 c US, thankfully now it's nearer 80c. It's the whole import/export thing - if our dollar is weak against the green-back then our exports are cheap to buy, but imports are expensive; and as our dollar strengthens the exports get more expensive and imports come down.

The costing of our manufactured goods is more complicated tho', as we don't have the great pool if illegal immigrant non-union labour to keep prices down and historically we have had (or so I recall) higher levels of taxation.

Roll on the free, but caring, market...

So, if we could condense pw to the size of a micro chip, run it flawlessly on veggie oil, and clean w green chems, we could do quite well in an international marketplace?

Inquiring minds need to know.

r

1M general liability, 1M on my vehicle plus workers comp. One PM I work for requires 1M on every property that I may get a contract on through them. If I remember correctly that adds about $100 per year to my GL policy per property.

2 Million with a 1 Million umbrella policy (required for where we keep shop).

It's crazy IMO to operate with anything less than a million these days. If something goes to an attorney things get expensive fast.