Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Concerning PWNA

Marketing ploy that they think will make everbody send in a check, just so they can see the bbs. Without the non members, that bbs is a ghost town.

The bbs is not liked by a certain BOD member and if the choice was theirs, it would be closed down. That name will remain anonymous so as not to embarass them.

As far as missing the bbs if I let my membership expire, no big loss, as I gave way more than I received.

So tonight I go to the PWNABBS website like I do every evening to see what's up. But what? It's gone...

Stupid move.

The next step? Go to google and type in the Grime Scene (Heard about it.. visted briefly once then forgot about it). Holy cow! I've been missing this forum all this time?!?! I thought PWNA was where it was AT! But now the link in my links list has been replaced with this one.

Would I have become a member? Probably not. I'm cheap. BUT... Any time I had some advice for someone/anyone asking a question I'd have been more than happy to post a reply. and THAT person would have probably signed up.

This year, due to the sucess of my web businesses I decided to sell my pressure washing business and I was thinking of how I'd miss it every now and then.. But I figured I could stay somewhat connected by visiting the bbs every now and again and seeing how things were going. Guess they made the seperation a little easier... I didn't quit the BBS... the BBS quit me.

Seth Anderson

formerly Anderson Pressure Washing

Seth,

Welcome to The Grime Scene. Hope to see you on here frequently. :dancing:ENJOY!

Beth

p.s. put your link for your equipment in the forum called Bargain Basement as well. Some folks go ther just to check out what's for sale. Good luck to you. :)

Between this site and Ron's,I know that any problem that arises I will receive good profesional advice.A private section of a forum is great

*** is not my site, it was started for contractors to have a place to post and share info freely.

Some choose not to use it because they want to be told how to think.

I truly wish the members that have worked hard for the org alot of luck. They are and will always be welcome to post elsewhere. I promote all forums and i always have and always will.

Beth has done alot for the org and i know it must hurt her to see the steps backwards.

I dont think the BBS closier will last, I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks Ron,

I know you can understand. You began ***, then turned it over. You know what it can be like...

And yes, it's difficult and frustrating to watch, and again I have offered to help....

Still waiting to hear...

Beth

Bob Gates says:

However; the harm done to the BBS and the Org itself cannot be undone, changed, or improved upon. The vase is broken! It cannot ever be the same nor as good as before. They have put a gun to their heads, cocked the hammer, and pulled the trigger!

Bob let's not start digging a grave here for them, could be someone buries them alive then what?

They have a plan, an idea so to speak and want to try it.

I feel everyone, member and non-member should take a wait and see attitude on it, could be a smart move on their part, could be the death of them.

I can remember back in the late 90s how it was without a bbs for them.

In fact there were few back then and none set up as we see them today.

Delco, granddaddy of them all.

Dave's, not even sure it is still around but was down so often I gave up on them.

Dan Flynn gets in hot water with Delco and starts his board.

Ron gets in hot water with Dan Flynn and starts his board.

Beth was planning to start her board and she did so without getting into any hot water.

PWNA decides to jump in too and opens up their bbs.

I am not sure when Steve and the other board got going as I really don't go the either of them. Nothing personal just to many boards at the time.

If there are other boards out there I am not aware of them.

Now back to PWNA board, like I said let's allow them to work their plan and see what the outcome is.

Many could end up with their foot in their mouth.

Jon,

Ok they have 400 plus members now, they have made some outside deals with a few large companys that might bring them another 200 to 400 more.

so if next year they have more than 800 they made the right move.

before the BBS the membership was about 250 to 300.

80,000 last year in membership and maybe another 10,000 in donations and certification dollars.

I have no idea what the mang company makes? they also claim to mke a few dollars at convention.

what if they made 400,000 with 2000 members.

could they handle it?

Jon, I don't even believe they want this org to get any larger.

So get rid of your best marketing tool since the inception.

By the way they have had chapters before. its didnt work..

I was not the first to have round tables, it was done before i started them back in 99.

Round tables were all shut down back then too.

other members re=call and I have done my research.

I checked the PWNA site today like I always do and I can't see it. Thought I had done something wrong.....not me I'm just locked out it all. Not a Member, Do not enter here "Members Only". Ok I says, I go to ***, TGS, Delco as well. Most times PWNA had nothing new where TGS has something new almost every day. I for one won't miss it. I could see the hand writing on the wall the past few months. There were/are a select group who want to require special licenses, ect..... I could see PWNA moving in the direction of tighter controls, either get onboard with me or your against me.

Beth, Ron, Hopefully you guys don't intend to shut your boards down anytime soon.

Just an observer from the outside

Howard

Braden Power Wash

Howard, if i told you that ihad not ever thought about it i would be a liar.

I dont see that happening. Even as poorly as its been run we still keep it alive. we have some new folks coming to the controls soon and maybe some new things on the horizon.

Its really a shame that a few people caused a bad thing to happen.

*** & TGS i'm sure will be around awhile.

Thanks

Hey Howard,

I'd mentioned licenses because here in Maryland were we live it's the law if your sealing decks, you have to have an MHIC license. I also think if an org is trying to raise the bar of the industry, it's members should have the bare basics for running a legal business. Sorry, I still feel that way to protect us and our clients, it's just the right thing to do even if it's not popular.

Hey Howard,

I'd mentioned licenses because here in Maryland were we live it's the law if your sealing decks, you have to have an MHIC license. I also think if an org is trying to raise the bar of the industry, it's members should have the bare basics for running a legal business. Sorry, I still feel that way to protect us and our clients, it's just the right thing to do even if it's not popular.

I like that part, so when will everyone start recovering their water as needed, rather than only when they absolutley have to, because they are being watched?

Someone can be licensed in every State, carry a gazillion dollars of insurance, and belong to every Org and Chamber out there, but if they allow run off, all the other stuff does not mean squat, as they are illegal.

As long as it doesn't reach the sewers or the natural bodies of water in the US your in compliance. Unless your area has different rules added on to that. In my area I am compliant and I'm sure the rest of the guys that do residential work here are. In many cases you can also do commercial depending on where the water is running off too.

But you do have a point, people still break laws but at least having some requirements are better than having none at all right? Or would you prefer anyone can join even if they are fly by nighters that trash property every day?

Bob I am not privy to anything there, I am assuming they have some sort of plan, if not why go though all the trouble of shutting it down so quickly with very little notice?

I have nothing against them and was a member till I had to sell out before surgery on my eye and if not for that would still be a member.

I wish them the best of everything in what they are doing, it might be the best thing yet and only time will tell.

I think they went to the trouble of shutting down so quickly because they wanted squash any questions of why and how the BOD planned on handle the future of the Org. and it's association with non-members.Somehow I think the lock out shot holes in the PWNA's mission statement.You know the part that mentions non-members.

The BOD made a choice(locking non-members out of the bbs) and in doing so they alienated a large portion of the industry,that just so happen to be non-members.

I am amused by how fast the rumor mill went to work.Ask a few questions and next thing you know,you are trying to take over the world.:lgjump:I'm still laughing about one of them.Too funny.

I notice that there has been an eerie silence or a complete about face from some members that were not supporting the lock down when it first took place.I wonder what changed minds and attitudes so quickly?

As long as it doesn't reach the sewers or the natural bodies of water in the US your in compliance. Unless your area has different rules added on to that. In my area I am compliant and I'm sure the rest of the guys that do residential work here are. In many cases you can also do commercial depending on where the water is running off too.

When I say run off, I mean just that, RUN OFF. If it runs off to somewhere other than staying on property then the chance is huge that the person is in non compliance.

But you do have a point, people still break laws but at least having some requirements are better than having none at all right? Or would you prefer anyone can join even if they are fly by nighters that trash property every day?

It is not just fly by nighters that trash property. Sure some is better than none, but those that allow run off are still illegal.

Beth

Sorry can't be there the weather is suppose to be good and I have jobs that I'm backed up on. Also have to do some long delayed maintenance on "Big Red" (my 2500 dodge diesel 4x4) Hope everything goes good, I'll make a meeting one day I promise.

Henry

I understand and respect your feelings, I just don't share all of them. I won't say anymore here its all been said other places in as many ways as it can be.

I take my hat off all who are still willing to help those who need it. To the others that want to be members of an exclusive club I say "Good on ya". It was said earlier here by Squirtgun I think that there are many more non-members than members and I don't need or want another case of the minority dictating to the majority what will or won't be done. I too don't agree that they are the Voice of the Industry.

Just me.....

I have not been on the PWNA site in days...well....ever since they limited access to non-members.

Scott, you are right ~ things have been very quite lately vs. when this "hit the fan" earlier in the week. Interesting.