Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Concerning PWNA

Henry,

My point was that I, as a "non-offensive" contributor, thought that I was contributing to the common good. It all just seems so insensitive to those of us that contributed our time and efforts to be excluded for reasons that don't include us. IMO, all they had to do was to edit or delete offending threads or posts. That is the way most bbs's deal with this type of problem.

No one ever said they wanted to delete their posts.

Hey John, There was one guy that did want to delete any mention of his name and his posts.. I didn't mean everyone felt that way.

I completly understand how you feel though, I was hoping they would just start enforcing the bbs rules more than they had. Or change it so all moderators could pull a post if necessary. Who knows, maybe they will give things a bit of time to cool down then open it up agan, I really don't know.

I wonder how everyone would react if they did that though, would people hold onto a grudge or would they put it in the past and just forget about it?

John Orr and others,

It was a tough decision that we all agreed to make. We are taking a completely different direction and in doing so there are a few tough decisions that will have to be done along the way that won't please everyone. Along with some of my bb friends agreeing with this move some of my best BB friends such as Ron ********** disagree's with this move and that hasn't effected our friendship one bit.

I really don't want to say much more because no matter what, my answers will draw some negativety from a few because of that famous line "You just can't please everyone" and I hate to see this post get Bad and I was to blame. Beth can answer any other questions that you and others may have here so this will be my only statement here concerning this thread. I will just add that alot of people are excited about the direction we have taken and I am optimistic of what the end results will be.

And no I don't consider us an elitist group. IF we where I wouldn't be volunteering for anything because I would be getting paid.

I think my last post on the PWNA BBS was directed towards you John. My tone could have been a little bit more lighter and professional. The fact of the matter is that you are the only board member that consistently visited the boards and dived into conversation ~ whether good or bad. Now that Henry is on the Board of Directors, I guess the two of you will be open game :) ~ just kidding.

After my last post to you, I purposely pulled away from commenting on the affairs of the PWNA but I have been reading the threads. It does sound like the PWNA is migrating in a direction that all of you on the board feel it will better position the organization within our industry. For me, I am interested in seeing and hearing where you guys are taking this.

It is unfortunate ~ really ~ that you and other people from the PWNA have found yourselfs in a position where you cant say one thing without it taking on a sour note. I for one want to thank you John for at least diving into this thread and making your presence known as a bod.

Hey John, There was one guy that did want to delete any mention of his name and his posts.. I didn't mean everyone felt that way.

Henry,

I think it was stated that they wanted their account closed on the PWNA BBS.I also believe I'm the one that said it.After all if I can not access the BBS when why would I need to account?Yes,perhaps I should let it remain and in 6 months or a years see how I feel.

For some crazy reason you and other seem to have come conclusion that I don't like any of you.Wow are you guys wrong.Most of you I don't know on a personal level so how could I say if I like or don't like you.Yes, we do disagree on somethings but that is going to happen.

Yes,I have a problem with the way a couple of BOD members addressed the non-members on the PWNA BBS.I see no need to come across as degrading and it happened on more than one occassion.They know who they are and if they can live with their comments so can everyone else.

I do not wish the PWNA ill will.As I said before maybe some day it will be the Org. that every pressure washing company wants to join.

I also think the "Elistist " comment was explained in a previous.John T. you were not included in that view point.

These are the things that everyone has accused the PWNA of being so secretive about. What is the big deal just spill the beans and drive the membership up.

If they have such a great plan, then why not mention it prior to closing the bbs to get interest? Many have been soured by the closing and will not go back, even if it was free.

Whatever is in the plans better be real good if they plan to keep the board alive.

John T,

I truly wish you guys well, my only point being that this whole situation could have been handled MUCH more diplomatically. You must admit that closing the bbs was a rather draconian measure - sure to stir feelings.

If there is some super-secret great news forthcoming, why get everyone so riled up just before announcing? At any point, an official mention of this news could have been made, as well as a request for patience. This would have at least allowed many of us to adopt a wait and see attitude.

Personally, I feel that there is a need for an organization such as PWNA, though I have always felt that the dues should be lower - especially for one-man shows. As I mentioned in a post on the PWNA bbs, I believe that the creation of a contractor-centered magazine would be a great idea. While I enjoy Cleaner Times, they are geared toward manufactures and distributors and offer little in the way of info for the "great pressure washed masses".

I hope things work out for PWNA, and I look forward to hearing the "news" and how it may affect my business.

Yeah, well, joke all you like but after they decided to lock us out of the BBS:2eyes:, and we were PWNA Members, for something as simple as questioning how ethical a statement that was made was:eek:, we decided to cancel our membership for a while. They have some work to do. :banghead:

Beth

JSavoy,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I tried very hard as a member and as a BOD member to support the PWNA, as did Rod as a member. Rod and I did this because we support the industry, and those who choose to take a bold step by attempting self employment. We are believers that if we all help one another, our chance for success is far greater.

Beth

Beth & Rod

Sorry to hear you guys were locked out. Was it all members or just a select few? Perhaps a few members dared to question the supreme ruler and his court? :zipit:

Sorry couldn't resist.

But as my ol' grandpa used to say, "who needs em, they're only important in their own minds".

Ok now I'm hoping to get Big Red out of intensive care:lgsick: and back on the road :vroom: today. Now I'm back to :lurker:

Hi Howard,

It was just us. There was a question from a member, and one of the BOD answered it with the following statement:

Do not let the customer know but bid the floor supplies and re-staining materials in with the other bid.

Rod and I both questioned the response, Rod was a tad more direct about it than I was. We questioned the ethics of it coming from a BOD member to a member. We then got emails demanding we edit our posts, followed by an email saying to shut both of us down, although it was Rod's post they had the most problems with.

Does this answer your question?

Have a great day. Hope this weather changes soon. I think we are all ready for spring. :groovy2:

Beth

Just you guys, your such trouble makers.....LMAO

Well welcome to the land of Non-Believers, or should I say Non-Conformers.:club: :corn: Now I return you to your regular programming

Well, I had told myself I was not going to post anything else in this thread nor any other thread on any other board concerning "that" Organization....Famous last words!!

Listen folks....If there were ever...."advocates"...."champions"...."promoters"..."supporters" of that org surely Beth & Rod were in the forefront!! Beth was probably one of the best recruiters they had! Now I read they have been 'shut out' too! ......Unbelievable!! Right now all I can think of is the old song 'True Colors'....surely that org. colors are shining through brightly. The vail is off...the tuth is exposed for all to see!

Again....Unbelievable!

bg

Beth and Rod,

May I suggest that now is the time for the the creation of a new pw org? With your creation of the e-zine and the apparent self-destruction of the other org, it would appear that the stars have aligned.

A few suggestions for the new org:

1) $99/yaer dues for contractors with up to 2 or 3 employees

2) Require verification of insurance/licensing to maintain membership (I am a ServiceMagic contractor and they do this - it keeps out the "riff-raff")

3) Include subscription to e-zine in membership

4) New Org to sponsor regional events

5) Create a logo that will look really good on our business cards/signs/stationary/websites

6) Have TGS host an org forum - rather than create a new bbs. Open to all, but require all who participate to identify names/locations

I do not know if you guys are up to the challenge, but I truly believe that the above suggestions would attract many of us that would not join the other org. They address several of the specific objections to the other org and offer several additional benefits.

P.S. Maybe a poll to guage reaction?

Hello to All. I am new member (my 1st anniversary is 3-20-05), I just read this entire thread, and all I can say is WOOOOOWWWWW.

I just attended a round table in Atlanta in the past two weeks and called to get my PWNA application to join from Cujo. Now after hearing what is going on.... I plan on holding off to get a better understanding of the decision to keep out the non members.

I never went to the PWNA site anyhow, I love Beths board and can get all the info and question answered here when I need them. This is a top notch outfit.

After attending the roundtable and hearing all the good things that the PWNA could do for my business. I wanted to expand my knowdlege base of the industry and fork over $195.00 to be a member but now seeing how they treated or shut down the access for non members, tells me maybe this is not the way to proceed at this time.

Beth, Please continue the good work on your board because it will be the site I continue to visit on a daily basis.

Oh before I end this post... all I have to say is " You cannot miss what you did not have".

I think PWNA just lost a potential member.

All you non members, you can still be successfull without the PWNA with lots of hard work and by continuing to visist this site. I love ya Beth and Rod with out this site being here when pressure washing was just an idea, I would have not gotten into the Business.

Kudo's

DeGraffreed

Atlanta,GA

All,

Many thanks for the kind words of appreciation. I'll share with you how The Grime Scene came to be. A few years back, I did some writing for a short lived magazine called BlastMaster. It folded, and folks started to call and email me about starting it back up. I was not inclined to start up a printed publication, but was more inclined to created a comprehensive site covering many aspects of cleaning in general. Some folks said it would not take off, that there were many other BBS's out there. About the same time we started selling products. No secret there. Well, since the store was going to be online, it made sense to go ahead and open a BBS. So, we did. While we as administrators have worked hard, it would be wrong to say we have been the sole and driving force. You see, we put the tool out there in skeleton form, but everyone here added the flesh to the bones. We credit the moderators and members of this bbs, for the success of it, it has been their ( and your) achievement. All we did, was build the venue, and give it guidance. So pat yourselves on the back for being good and thoughtful and giving.

Thank you for the kudos, they mean alot to us. We have spent many hours working on this, and what means the most to me, is to hear your success stories and to see your problems solved. But we thank you guys, for making this a place you feel good about belonging and sharing. Thanks for everything you do here.

Beth