Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Howdy Everyone,

I am new to the TGS, but have been persuaded by a few veteran users to stop by and pick up some information. I have a small business that is primarily window cleaning, but we are picking up more power washing jobs daily. I am really interested in roof cleaning and adding it to my list of services.

Some of you may recognize me from other forums. To others, I am glad to read your comments. I look forward to learning and growing with everyone here.

Thanks again.

Hey guys, I've been wanting to jump on this board for awile but forgot my password an just ever got around to coming back. I hope I filled out my signature stuff ok. I guess this is kind of a test post. I already posted once but it was brought to my attention that I shoud Probably post my intro here.

Anyway, My name is Larry Millette and I'm the owner and operator of All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc in Saint Petersburg Florida. Some of you may know me from PT State and from over at ***. I do alot of Flat work pressure cleaning, Non pressure Tile and Shingle Roof Cleaning and all the usual that goes along with it. Most of the work I do is in Pinellas County Florida but I also do some in Manatee, Pasco and Hillsborough Counties as well but not much. I've been told by a few guys that this was a great board and I guess I should have come over sooner. I hope to be able to learn, share and have a good time here. I would also like to thank Chris Tucker for lighting a fire under my butt to start posting here. I hate being the new guy but I guess ya gotta start somewhere. If there is something I've missed please feel free to ask me. I look foward to hanging out with all of you!

Thanks,

Larry.........:)

Hey folks, just here to say hi and begin networking. I am ready to learn from this awesome resource, and scour these forums for info. I am beginning to put a plan together to enter the pressure washing business within the next year and a half, and it is places like this that are an invaluable wealth of knowledge for guys like me. I will be moving down south within the next year or so and hope to seek commercial work down there.

I'd like to find a part time job working for low pay or (free!!??) on the weekends up here before it gets too cold just to learn the business. Anybody need help in Central Wisconsin!?

:lgbounces

My name is Bil and I started Extended Life Power Washing, LLC back in July of this year and loving every minute of it...I get more calls every week. It is true that is if you do a good job at a decent price you will get refered from that customer to another and another...etc. I have a full time job and don't plan on going full time for 2 years but if it keeps up I might have to reconsider...nah I will stick to my business plan. Anyway Happy Labor Day and please be safe!

vr

Bil

Welcome to TGS! We're glad you found us. Please take some time to learn about how the features on the forums work, and let us know if you have any questions. Also don't forget to add your signature. ;)

Beth

Hello everybody,

I want to start off and say thanks for having me here. I am located out of Ocala, Florida and have been in biz for 4 years now, and still learning. I came here so I can learn from the pro's:). Thank you and I look forward to talking and getting to know everybody.

Hello to all of you wonderful people! My name is Jason Quick I live in Bloomington, Indiana and I found this site as well as a couple more similar to it and am grateful for all the fantastic information i have obtained due to all of your expertise! I have been in the business for 2 years now and owe most of what i know and what i own to you guys so thanks again! Things have been great so far I have been able to quit my full time job and spend more time with my family all the while making more money! It's been a little tight at times but i love what i do and see a long and rewarding career ahead of me and as time goes on it gets easier.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello from North Carolina , been in biz 3yrs

we're doing pretty good . Beth-Rod met you guys @ Celeste

and Rogers RT a few years ago , learned alot from this board!

Thanks

Greetings everyone,

Enjoy being part of an outstanding industry where everyone shares, exchanges, and helps one another to succeed. Moved to Utah two and a half years ago and started our PW company focusing mostly on commercial property. business is steady and still lots of areas to cover. Thanks for all your help, friendship and leadership.

best regards to all.

Steve Kitts

T.A.S.K. Power Washing

Hello I would like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Jeff Patterson. I am the sole owner of Patterson Improvements. My journey to get this far has definately been a long long long process. So to further introduce myself and where my companys backround is from let me procede with a description of the past. It all started in 92-93 The Economy nearly as bad as it is currently. My Dad was laid off from Westinghouse in the Bay Area. He was trying to build his new business venture of Pressure Washing. He purchased a Delco Intimidator, from Texas. I being in my late teens, thought it was a great idea. It started to pick up a bit when we had a small account of 14-16 delivery trucks. That was as close to launching his small business venture as we got. My mother was ailing from terminal Cancer. We lost her in 94. The machine rested, 14 years long, total amount of operating hours 27. It sat and sat for years and years. I had asked him frequently over the years when was he going to sell it to me? He was reluctant, until Dec 10 07 I FINALLY got him to part with it. I being a Carpenter by primary trade, was in the same situation as he, in the 90's.

I built a trailer from a broken down three wheeled 18' Nomad Camper Trailer(Craigslist Freebie)

He was very proud to see my achievments and I sent him frequent pics via email so he could see its progress. I was feeling very proud of what I was getting accomplished. I also have taken the necessary steps towards being a Lawfull enterprize by pulling permits to operate, license, and business inusrance.

I was SOOOOO close. Tragically my Dad died Jan 10 08. California had some major storms in early jan, the rain fell the ceiling flooded, in three rooms of his house in san jose. Three days later the stress killed him. An annyurism age 60. He never got to see the trailer completely meet its marriage with his machine. So here I am 10 months later (three rooms of huge holes repaired later) trying to launch our Family Enterprize Again! RIP Dad.

Thanks Jeff Patterson

Oh by the way let me not forget to mention how glad I am to have found this site!

post-4517-137772230524_thumb.jpg

post-4517-137772230559_thumb.jpg

post-4517-137772230594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patterson Improvements

Welcome to TGS Jeff! :) Glad you found us here. Please take a moment to go into your My Controls ( look up top at the navigation area) and set up your signature.

We look forward to reading your posts, and again welcome!

Beth :cup:

Hello everyone! My name is Shelly Crafton-Hill and own Crafton-Hill Wood and Masonry Staining in San Antonio Texas. I truly enjoy this forum for it's educational as well as comedic value. I am still laughing over James' "Cajun Deck Syndrome" and have actually used "CDS" with a customer. They were very impessed with my knowledge. LOL. Headed off to work, just wanted to say HI!

Hello my names Matt and I own Matt's Pressure Washing Service LLC. It's a small pressure washing business in the Oklahoma City Metro area. I've been in business for about a year now. I've been lurking around here and PT-State for a little while now and figured I should introduce myself. I've gotten allot of good info off these boards and one day hope to be able to contribute.

WOW thanks for the great forum...

I am a newbie to the business owner aspect of the game of life. I do have a few years of part-time experience and started my own business this year. It was not too bad this year for a part-time business with full-time goals. I'm almost scared to do any advertising other than throwing out as many business cards as I can because I have a few more years in my current career to throw away at this point. I hope by the time retirement comes around I still have the fun and desire that I have at this point in my life.

My name is Troy Hurst with Hornets Nest Pressure washing in Concord NC.

704-507-3142

If anyboy is close and willing to talk to me please call the last thing I want to do is steal and bread off of anothers table.