Sign in to follow this  
newlook

It Has Been an Honor to Serve this BBS and the Industry

Question

It is with much sadness to say farewell to an industry that I have grown to love and respect over the many years that I was affiliated with. I started this thread a week or so ago but did not hit the "Submit New Thread" tab here on the TGS ~ I deleted everything I typed and walk away from my computer.

As I reflect back on the "ups and downs" our industry has experienced over the years I want to thank each and everyone of you for your insight and perspective. As our industry continues to take shape and evolve, I am overly optimistic that one day there will be a seamless relationship between powerwashers and a organization, in which it will continue to put the needs and desires of all powerwashers in the forefront.

Being a leader in the industry is a tough billet to fill. Though the PWNA has certainly had their share of criticism over the last year I do want to wish them the very best. I do want to publicly thank Everett for reaching out to me when I was involved with WRAPI. I walked away from our conversations feeling more optimistic about the direction and path the PWNA and WRAPI could of embarked on.

Even though I have not formally met the folks at Delco I would like to take a second and pay tribute to Robert H. for paving the path for so many. I owe so much to you sir and I thank you!!

To all my friends on the TGS **this is the hard part**

Over the last 4 years I have pretty much planted myself on the TGS. I ventured out every once in a while to see what Ron's board was up to but for the most part I remained close to the TGS as I considered it my home!

Ron, you have a hell of a site over there. Keep up the good work and it was great catching up with you last week on the phone!

All of you at TGS have been part of my life going on close now for 4 years! Alan, Celeste, Squirtgun, Scott S., Craig, Jon in N.M., Seymore (in the house), John T., Matt, Jeff, Aplus, Ron M., and so many more I can't name you all......

You folks are the ones that will continue to shape and drive this industry into the direction that it needs to go.

I want to thank each and every member on the TGS in allowing me to share my experiences as I grew my own company from scratch to what I consider to be a very successful venture. I pray that the advice that I gave was sound and helpful. As a mod, I always tried to maintain a neutral approach to our industry dilemma's and offered what I thought was prudent but fair direction. Thank you all for allowing me the latitude to do that.

Beth and Rod - Even though I have not even met either one of you I am every so grateful to have made your acquaintance. It has been a joy to be part of the TGS over the years. I am not a big BBS person, as I have a business to run, but over the years I have witnessed a sustained momentum of productivity on your board. You are fair and have a keen sense of what this industry needs as it relates to moving it's agenda!

I want to thank both of you for filling in the *blanks* for me to get me up to speed on the industries current events. Over the years I have found your advice to be honorable and reliable. Thank you.

Beth, thank you for allowing me to serve the TGS as a member and also as a Mod. I know that my departure comes at a surprise to many but it is time. Your most recent selection of mods are individuals that carrry a wealth of experience in all facets of our industry and I am simply amazed of all the talent that surrounds this board. Donald Trump was once asked why he was so successful....his answer was that he surrounded himself with talented individuals. Beth/Rod ~ God Bless both of you!

My business model has changed going into '07. Several opportunities have presented themselves to our orgnization in '06 with a launch in '07. My landscape/concrete business has grown tremendously over the last couple of years and we are now focused in on growing that side of the business. Our recent acquisitions puts us in 7 Bay Area counties vs. the 3 that we were previously working in. During this time we have not taken on additional power washing accounts due to the growth of our other ventures.

Is this good bye...well kinda....I will still pop in every once in awhile to make sure that you folks are still behaving :)....but I do thank you for the memories! Please stay in touch.

Carlos a.k.a Newlook

Signing off

19 answers to this question

Oh WOW Carlos don't make it a DEAR JOHN letter man please don't leave us now right before Valentines Day!!

I always like reading your very professional responses/threads on all kinds of subjects! You have always been a CLASS ACT here on the BBS and even tho i've never met you will always consider you a great friend!!

SEYMORE "will always be in your house"

P.S Even tho you won't be p/washing you can still hang out with us" We need someone to keep the order! ;)

Much love LOS.

I have always admired your ability to stay neutral through some of the most heated debates.I strive to achieve that kind of peace some day.

Good luck with the new venture and stay in touch.

Hey Carlos,

I feel like I know you well with all of our chats over the years. Out of all the years I've been involved with the bb's you stand as one of the ones at the very top of that list as a guy who always was fair and listened and gave out some of the best advice that one could give.

If there was a bulletin board Hall of Fame you would be an easy first year election.

Best of luck in all that you do and if your ever in NY look me up...My door is always open to guys like yourself.

Carlos,

We wish you every success for your business. We are honored to have had you here on TGS as a moderator and a member, and hope to see you pop in from time to time.

Man- that's a rough post with no coffee. :cup:

Beth

Well... That was out of left field.

I gotta give a man his convictions and congratulate you on your decision and wish you the best in your business and hopefully it will allow you to come back and clikety clak with the gang even if only for a post or two.

I am aware of these kinds of decisions based upon our backing away from distributing and staying focused on our initial business which was taking off tremendously and we needed to devote all our resources just to meet the demand we had created. Doing that and maintaining TGS has been a challenge but this is the part that we enjoy because we like being in touch with other people across the nation and other countries as they have joined in too.

Carlos, You'll be missed. :lgwave:

Rod!~

Congrats on the booming businesses Carlos, if you're ever down this way again, be sure to call me up :) I'll treat you and your wife to dinner...

I think I speak for all of us when I say you'll be missed around here.....

Thats Why This Is Such A Good Biz. This Biz Can Open So Many Doors..keeping Good Relationships With Customers Is Sooo Important..i Am Happy For You Carlos.hopefully You Can R.e.e.p. All The Same Benefits In Your New Endeavors

I wish you the best, and hope you don't leave us forever.

Thanks for the valuable contribution to the industry, and this board, I have learned much from you.

If I ever get out to your neck of the country, I'll shout you up, you should do the same if you make it this way, there is a lunch or dinner in it for you!

Take good care of you and yours, and don't hesitate to call on us for anything.

Carlos,

I feel as though I am losing a good friend. I think you are a class act and hope that your current ventures bring you much success. I have not posted here since the last post from this site,was on the offensive side and I realized that " Some are not as they appear to be".

I hope you and your much success and God Bless.

Peace Out

NO WAY CARLOS YOU CAN'T LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!

As EVERYONE knows you are a CLASS ACT, from staying neutral, understanding all sides, the help you were ALWAYS willing to give, the documents you shared with us all emailing everything to everyone who asked etc etc etc . You've done a lot for this industry, by just being a classy guy

7 counties WOW!!! continued success to you. I hope you get sooooooo RICH someday that you give it all up and live your dreams to the fullest with your loved ones. Hey what about starting your own TV show.....Carlos's Corner.........Concrete & Carlos.........NEWLOOK TV............you can use any of these TV show titles if you want, I dont even want any royalties LOL

You know I joke and hope to someday be the KING of PWing in my area. Carlos You are the KING & The Man. I'm young to this biz and like to help when I can, but Carlos when I go off on my political stuff, I've actually have said to myself " Jeff, shut up and have some class" "Like Carlos"

You should be proud of yourself, I'm sure you are, your a good businessman and person. I really hope you do drop in OFTEN, you'll be missed DUDE!!

Jeff L