Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Ouch !!

Question

Got into a pretty serious car accident Monday afternoon. Ended up with a major concussion and two broken ribs. I just got out of the hospital an hour ago. So for those that have been wondering about unanswered phone calls or why i haven't been running my virtual mouth, this is why. Now I have 2 pain pills and 5 pages of new posts to keep me busy ;-)

-- Ken

22 answers to this question

Wow, Ken. I'm sure glad that you're all right. Take care of yourself man. Are you stuck in bed for a while?

I feel terrible, cause I told everyone on Bob's board that you were thrown in jail for streaking through a mall.

Ken,

Man oh man, that stinks. Wasn't Monday your birthday? Concussions can be a bit disconcerting but broken ribs are real painful and take time to heal. You can wrap but they still hurt.

Good pain pills and another worker. You can still sell! Get well soon and hope you are feeling better.

Man that bites and figures its right in the begining of the season. More importantly that you get your health back to normal. Money isn't everything..

You said your goal this year was to get out from behind the wand.... You did it!

It is my goal too.... Why do you think I bought the Motorcycle? LOL

Get better soon dude. I'll call this weekend.

Ken,

Sorry to hear about it, and welcome to the club. I've had 2 out of 4 trucks hit in the last 2 weeks...not injuries though! Take care of the head and the ribs...the ribs are gonna hurt for a while...but only when you laugh, or breathe, or move, or stand up, or sit down, or lay down, or cough, or sneeze, or pass wind. Other than that, you'll hardly notice it.

Take care of yourself!

Thanks guys/gal. I'll be fine. If you send up any prayers tonight please send them for the eldely gentleman whom did not come out of this as well. He passed away at the wheel prior to our collision. It has me a little messed up emotionally.

Hope you feel better soon Ken......It just goes to prove that we all need to practice thankfullness on a daily basis......Thankfullness for everything we have..And to realize that in the blink of an eye how fast it can all go away.................Senator Corzine from our state (New Jersey) just had a similar experience yesterday..................If you have loved ones, show them you love them...every day...............

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Ken, could your business survive if you were laid up for 6 months ? Thank God you have a BooBoo.........Think if you couldn't do anything for four months. No Quoting , work, nothing !! Try it it 8 times! Months of a time!

And survive! Take what happened to you and multiply it 100 times!!!!! Point of views change........

Jim, actually five jobs were completed in my absence. I am a little behind in estimates but everyone has been very nice so far. I thank God for my new operations guy Jay who really stepped up to the plate this week. After this season, I am going to train him in estimating practice and PressurePros is on its own. This is the way I run every business I have ever been involved in. Anything else is a job.

Glad to hear you are alive and well.

One of those "doses of reality" you never really expect to take. I was in a daze for a week after my incident last July, things began to take a whole new perspective, my 'listening ears' opened wide since, good thing to have the BS filters engaged too.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery Ken. I'm sorry that happened, esp. for the other guy and his family. At least you have an opportunity to recover. Count your blessings. if you need anything let us know.

I love life!!!!

Ken< you didn't answer the question ? You were gone maybe a week ? Could you survive 6 months and do it over a couple of years in a row and survive?

The Hobbyist