Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Teachers with Guns?

Question

Teachers with guns? Lawmaker proposes - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com

Are we nuts, teachers carrying hand guns to protect students.

I hate to say it but what teacher will shoot the first student?

Couldnt we just use security or police to protect students in these problems Schools? Have we lost our minds?

What do you guys think about this one?

67 answers to this question

I carry and have daily for about 17yrs.

If you remember a few months ago I had a crackhead try to hold me up.He was armed with a pair of needle nose pliers.My 380 was a good deterent and may have prevented me from getting stabbed with pliers that had been God know where.

Leave it to Scott to bring a gun to a plier fight.

:lol:

Without reading the entire thread because it started going off track on the first page so....

I think it's a great idea to have teachers carry guns. Just think how quickly the little bassturds that shot 19 kids in Columbine could have been disposed of. Or, if they would have even thought about doing it.

We had a teacher try and break up a gang fight at my school when I was High School, the teacher ended up being thrown agains the wall and the crap stomped out of him while the gang members nearly killed a guy for wearing an Angels ball cap.

With that said, I think the teachers should have to go through some kinda training and be proficient with a firearm. I don't want some crappy shot waving a pistol around, that's just stupid. My wife, oldest daughter and myself know how to use a pistol and a shotgun. My daughter knows that it is not a toy and it's never to be played with. It's serious business when it comes to guns. Anybody walks in my house uninvited I don't have to worry about getting what's coming to them.

Speaking of that (a lilttle of subject but I think it still relates) there is a guy that goes to my church that had his house broken into by some 22 year old punk. The guy from my church is handicapped and basically has to get around with a cane. Well, the young punk thought he could take advantage of this older fella, but to his surprise when he came strolling in the front door after breaking it down, he was met with a bullet between his eyes. He messed with the wrong old timer.

I love justice. Schools are getting out of control and I think it's a great idea to give back some power to the people in charge and let them stop the insanity.

I just love this picture of my daughter too, so I thought that I would post it.

1zof1if.jpg

and for some of you that wonder if I'm a decent shot..here ya go ;)

[yt]P7_BQp05EIc[/yt]

Justice

When I first moved to a dirtbag town in Ohio (Stenbenville) for collage I rented the first floor of a duplex. Several times I was broken into. The intruder always cane into the same window about three feet off the ground of a side window. I used a hot glue gun and glued double edged razor blades on the underside of the interior window sill. The next time the thief opened the window and used the sill to pull himself up into my house he had a serious problem. There was a finger tip on my carpet. Never once did I have a problem after that. That was justice. These days I'd probally get sued for that by the ACLU.

Edited by Rick2

Interesting article

Reminds me of my wife telling me what it was like going to school in a Communist country (Bulgaria). One of her required courses in school was target shooting. Yup, real guns and real bullets. She was one of the top shooters in her class.

I think that it is sad that this is even a point of discussion. Why is it the situation is so dire that it even needs to be a topic of discussion of whether teachers should carry guns? It would seem that if parents were taking the time to raise their kids, and to teach them to be obedient, that most of the problems would be resolved. Any more, the kids are asserting rights that, legally, they do not have.

Parents want their kids to have all the rights, and refuse to teach them the responsibilities that come with the rights.

I think that it is sad that this is even a point of discussion. Why is it the situation is so dire that it even needs to be a topic of discussion of whether teachers should carry guns? It would seem that if parents were taking the time to raise their kids, and to teach them to be obedient, that most of the problems would be resolved. Any more, the kids are asserting rights that, legally, they do not have.

Parents want their kids to have all the rights, and refuse to teach them the responsibilities that come with the rights.

To much sparing the rod and spoiling the child now days.If you do give them a good old fashioned spanking they have been taught at school to call child welfare on you.

My kids live 20 miles away,they know if need be their mother can call me to disipline them. I will come to where they are if they can't act like they have been taught manners or respect and remind them.I have yet to make that trip since the day I had that discussion with them.

Interesting article

Reminds me of my wife telling me what it was like going to school in a Communist country (Bulgaria). One of her required courses in school was target shooting. Yup, real guns and real bullets. She was one of the top shooters in her class.

Years ago, kids brought guns to school (at least in rural areas) for target shooting after school...Didn't have school shootings then, despite many guns on campus. These days, the only ones with guns on campus are the ones doing the school shootings. I recall a story a year or two ago about a school shooting where a coach or teacher had to run to where his car was parked off campus to get his gun. I don't recall if he shot the kid doing the shooting or just used the gun to convince the kid to give up. How many would have been saved if he'd not had to run the 1/2 mile to his car and back?

True. And I can teach my son responsibility and right and wrong, but the problem is the parents who won't. I'm not going to have my son shot because some other parent isn't a parent. That's why he'll never go to a public school.

Mike,

I applaud your wisdom in keeping your son free from the indoctrination of the government schools.

A free man has the indisputable right to carry a weapon any where he sees fit.

Savages don't obey the law.

In this presently effeminized world,there is much confusion about a man's responsibility to his family and neighborhood and workplace.

It is time to remind the savages that there are still men willing to protect and defend our families,friends,and co workers from the savages that are allowed ,by this present world, to run free.

Ron,

I would like to understand your objection to this issue.Do you believe that your public school teachers are irresponsible,incompetent to the point that they can't be trusted with this responsibility?

I am curious.

Hey Allen,

Public or private,the premise does not change.

Any public institution runs the risk,any private does the same.

Defenselessness( in the context of gun crime)in our day and time is untenable.I should say,.. should be untenable.

We by our Creator are endowed with certain inalienable rights...one of them being the right to keep,and bear arms...Regardless of the teacher's unions,regardless of the states,regardless of the mayors, regardless of Joe Biden and Barry Obama.

School shooting are not limited to public schools.

True, but they're much less likely in a small, Christian school, and completely unheard of in a homeschool setting. Michael will either be homeschooled, or will attend a small Christian academy. We still have a couple years to make that choice.

We by our Creator are endowed with certain inalienable rights...one of them being the right to keep,and bear arms...Regardless of the teacher's unions,regardless of the states,regardless of the mayors, regardless of Joe Biden and Barry Obama.

I disagree with you here... Where does it say we're given the right by God to keep and bear arms? We're given that right by the constitution, not God. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying God wants us to lay down and not defend our families, or the defenseless, from evil, but carrying a gun certainly isn't a God-given right, at least I don't think it is. Can you show me otherwise? I'm certainly willing to learn!

Ron,

I would like to understand your objection to this issue.Do you believe that your public school teachers are irresponsible,incompetent to the point that they can't be trusted with this responsibility?

I am curious.

Don,

I would want to think that and educated person that wants to help children would never want to even think about shooting or even harming a child even if they felt a risk or danger.

I also feel we as people need to make these problems better not by defense but education and learning about whats really going on with our society.

Whats next, we all need to pack a 38 to pick milk and bread up and 7-11.

I'm sorry, times are changing and maybe I'm just ready to change. Maybe the terriorist have won, we are going broke as people and it seems the Empire is possibly falling apart. ( maybe if more Americans realized this we could make some real efforts of change)

I never dreamed in a million years we would be arming my third grade teacher Miss Z as was her name when i was in third grade. She had a pretty mean paddle, everyone in the room respected her, not because she had a paddle, she was compasionate but firm and she was fair. If you broke the rules you would be punished. If you didnt turn your homework in you would get detention. Its seemed like simpler times, I however do not advocate putting any adult incharge of my family with a firearm.

We have better things to spend the money on, miss Z needs better books. The children in some Schools dont even have paper. What the H_LL are we using resources like this. I can see it now, bond for teachers issued weapons choice. Would you like to carry a 9 or a 38? Maybe we could just have you drive the Hummer with remote bomb cntrol and cannon on rear.

We just have better things to spend money on, we give kids condoms and they still get prego. We say no to drugs and they still smoke pot.

What makes us think that the kid or the drug dealer thats going to kill someone is going to care if Miss Z is packing.

I see this happening,,,,, Miss Z pulled the gun first so I had to protect myself. I was in fear of my life!!!!!!!!!Miss Z dead and she didnt pull the weapon first, but every kid in that room knows he will have to go out that door and drive or ride home that day with this drug dealing kids gang members on the corner. ( so while we issue Miss Z a gun lets just make a weapon standard issue for every american child because is there constitutional right to bear arms.

So you have it DON, how about we presure wash some Schools and clean them up so they dont look bad. How about we use the money for that?

Edited by Ron Musgraves

I disagree with you here... Where does it say we're given the right by God to keep and bear arms? We're given that right by the constitution, not God. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying God wants us to lay down and not defend our families, or the defenseless, from evil, but carrying a gun certainly isn't a God-given right, at least I don't think it is. Can you show me otherwise? I'm certainly willing to learn!

Hey Mike,

The bill of rights,to the best of my knowledge were simply a clarification and a re numeration of the premise of The Constitution.

There is no scripture that speaks to the second amendment.

You may even recall the phrase "turn your swords into ploughshares".Remember He was speaking to Israel.

I do, although,believe that it is a right of a citizen of this once free country,bestowed by our Creator...not by The Constitution...to have life ,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness.

I acknowledge this is a broad stroke,but that is the document that, under God, has secured our liberty for some 300 or so years.

In moho,to stray is calamity indeed.

Don,

I would want to think that and educated person that wants to help children would never want to even think about shooting or even harming a child even if they felt a risk or danger.

I also feel we as people need to make these problems better not by defense but education and learning about whats really going on with our society.

Whats next, we all need to pack a 38 to pick milk and bread up and 7-11.

I'm sorry, times are changing and maybe I'm just ready to change. Maybe the terriorist have won, we are going broke as people and it seems the Empire is possibly falling apart. ( maybe if more Americans realized this we could make some real efforts of change)

I never dreamed in a million years we would be arming my third grade teacher Miss Z as was her name when i was in third grade. She had a pretty mean paddle, everyone in the room respected her, not because she had a paddle, she was compasionate but firm and she was fair. If you broke the rules you would be punished. If you didnt turn your homework in you would get detention. Its seemed like simpler times, I however do not advocate putting any adult incharge of my family with a firearm.

We have better things to spend the money on, miss Z needs better books. The children in some Schools dont even have paper. What the H_LL are we using resources like this. I can see it now, bond for teachers issued weapons choice. Would you like to carry a 9 or a 38? Maybe we could just have you drive the Hummer with remote bomb cntrol and cannon on rear.

We just have better things to spend money on, we give kids condoms and they still get prego. We say no to drugs and they still smoke pot.

What makes us think that the kid or the drug dealer thats going to kill someone is going to care if Miss Z is packing.

I see this happening,,,,, Miss Z pulled the gun first so I had to protect myself. I was in fear of my life!!!!!!!!!Miss Z dead and she didnt pull the weapon first, but every kid in that room knows he will have to go out that door and drive or ride home that day with this drug dealing kids gang members on the corner. ( so while we issue Miss Z a gun lets just make a weapon standard issue for every american child because is there constitutional right to bear arms.

So you have it DON, how about we presure wash some Schools and clean them up so they dont look bad. How about we use the money for that?

Ron,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand your view.

We have very different viewpoints concerning this subject.

I thought you made an excellent point about the loving discipline that Miss Z meted out.It has a place when dealing with the foolishness of children.

I commend your last statement,and agree.