Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

way too funny today at work!!!

Question

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

143 answers to this question

Nice post edit after you threatened to undercut anyone who tried to come to your area and do business.

To be honest I would thoroughly enjoy coming up to forestville md and opening a gutter company. 1)So that I could prove to you how wrong you are about everything and, 2) so I could watch your sorry behind get arrested once you get scared and inevitably start destroying my private property

funny how things get read into things.

Nice post edit after you threatened to undercut anyone who tried to come to your area and do business.

To be honest I would thoroughly enjoy coming up to forestville md and opening a gutter company. 1)So that I could prove to you how wrong you are about everything and, 2) so I could watch your sorry behind get arrested once you get scared and inevitably start destroying my private property

You put words in my mouth. that aint fair friend.

I may be the wake up call for this forum!!! Too much politics goin on here.

I think you should start your own BBS. The way you are going, you will not need to quit posting.

I think gutterdog is about to set a new record. Maybe he can set records on other boards also.

I appologize. new way of looking at things.. I really apologize. No need to start my own thing. I've been wrong. I've been lied to before. After coversation on phone. I'm wrong and need to let go a little. Hard to trust. thats hard. new me!!! gonna try. Please let me save some face before you come down on me. That I respond to like a knee jerk, without thinking. I havent thought. I've just responded. My object is the same as yours to give the best quality to the customer. Last post for the night. Beth.. Thanks for puttin up with me. I'm commin round. The friend that I was on the phone with, thanx for puttin things in perspective. Way different game the way you put it. Thanx. Gnight everyone.

Good luck with that new leaf. You might not believe it or see it now, but everyone riding you as hard as they are, they are trying to wake you up and trying to get you to up your game professionally. Don't worry about the competition. All it does is divert your focus away from your own productivity and goals. Focus on your own business and on excellence in every way and good things will happen, regardless of the competition.

We have had many a sign stolen over the years. There is nothing you can do about it. It happens to all of us from time to time. Does it make us hacks? No. It makes us competition that someone else is afraid of. Do you get that? Don't mess with anyone's signs (or any other property you do not own) and expect that at some point someone will do the same stupid thing to you, and just keep going.

Beth

Michael, one thing that has worked for me on forums when I am reacting emotionally or in "knee-jerk" style is to type something and then walk away before I hit "SUBMIT". About 90% of the time when I reread what I wrote, I delete it.

You are a charged up guy and that has probably allowed you to stay successful enough to keep your doors open. Now it may be more prudent to step back and allow yourself to fine tune the business side of things. You do that not by challenging every suggestion that is made to you. Take it on the chin. Suck it up. Choose your favorite phrase.

When I read your initial post, while I can appreciate the humor of the action (of a guy falling), I was kind of disgusted. You let a guy run from your truck, represent your company by making an azz of himself, all the while you could have been doing something constructive. Chalk up the reactions you received to a learning experience. I doubt anyone here that runs a professional operation would find what your guy did amusing.

Edited by PressurePros

Ken it is not just the fact that his employee did this that got me, it was the fact that he was stopping the truck. Michael some of these on here have 10+ years and make lots of $$$ if you want to get rich you must do as rich people do.

Ever heard the saying "Keep your head above the fray"

There is another "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience."

Don't worry about the competition they will drag you down.

Edited by TNRoofCleaner

For the comment to me, Mike, about "Nose in the air and showing you no respect, and giving me no respect, THAT YOU EDITED........ I expect an apology. A singled out apology.

I have done nothing but help you to the point of putting my head in my hands.

Respect.....is something you will have to earn with me from this point on.

I have kept my cool with you, yet continued to help find answers to your questions.

I am going to ask you, no, insist, that you use the "Search" function to find your answers, because you never listen to the advice everyone has given to you. You only end up diverting the thread in another direction and whine about how you are "sorry after you "re-think" your responses".

After I read your response to me about "no respect" and "undercutting" and " your area" I was about to lay and infraction on your acct. But I stood back and gave it a second to think before I did.

I have to refer to what Ken said and "holding off " on the reponse to your post.

I did that. I am re- reading this thread. and it is no different than any other thread you have posted. I think most would agree that you are bordering an infraction on this board.

You start threads by asking ???'s and then get upset at the responses and turn the thread into something entirely different. A battlezone.

I will be honest with you. Judge it for yourself by the responses of the other members here.

I believe the general consensus is that people on this board are willing to help you,

but, you just don't listen to the advice. It seems like a watste of time dealing with you. I for one (like Rick2 said early on) am not going to offer anymore assistance until you show some professionalism on this forum. Spelling, manners, objectivity, and common respect.

What you said to me was inexcusable and unprofessional in my book.

As far as I am concerned , the only help I am offering is the "search" button at the top right of this page. You need to search before you post a question.

I assure the info that you have recieved prior to this post has come easy for you.

I don't feel ( mostly from everyone's responses to you) the info is going to come as easy from now on from us. Simply because you

1.) Ask your questions

2.) twist our responses

3.) and then start meaninless off topic arguements.

4.) then pretend as if it never happened by offering a lame apology and turn over a new leaf.

Honestly, you have turned over a "new leaf" on ALL of your post' which really translates to no change at all. Just repetition.

Alot of people know me on this and other forums. Plus they know my work.

To tell me that you( before you edited) would "undercut" if I was in your area, is a joke.

I believe everyone knows that I would, can, and will, walk circles around your work and collect twice as much and retain the customer.

Not that it matters to you(obviously) but I feel I need to see some improvement in your conduct here at this forum, before I offer anymore assistance to you.

Discussion of business ethics is one thing, name calling is another, cut the smack people.

Agreed Alan, been doing my best to get this toned down a bit and pull the reins. I think most are just reaching their limit. Myself included.

Back to the topic. If the sign is on a public right of way, not a customers property, here in NJ it is illegal.

When I remove signs from a public right of way I am doing a community service, and I will continue to do so.

If one of the guys is with me at a red light and a sign is right next to us I want that sign in my trash bin in the back of the truck in a safe and quick manner.

Keep America beautiful people!

Beth he used the back of some old board, and painted with a paint brush gutter cleaning and the phone number.Runs in the paint. No quality in his sign. How would the quality of his work be? And out door signs illegal in that county anyway, county comes round and pick them up. I may have saved him from getting fined also.... How bout all the signs i put out back in the day and were gone quickly? Its just a game thats played in my area. The property that it was on belonged to the county. Not him. The bill? Well he got the piece of wood from.... Heck i dunno side or road? the paint maybe some leftover in basement? Beth this is someone that if the homeowner hired them and they got hurt, they woulld go after homeowners insurance. A guy doing a lawnservice for one of my cusomers did the same. It was funny and I thought Id share it.

You comment on the quality of his sign reflecting the quality of his work. Yet, your grammar/spelling is on par with a sixth grader. Does that equally reflect. Leave property alone that does not belong to you.

I'm slow to change... Change is scary. If I use some chemicals suggested to me by someone in here, that I dont even know... These are strong chems! There not cheap either. My insurance on the line! I spoke highly of this forum to a customer. told her I'd find the answer to her situation. Everything ends with alot of luck.

Anyway took the advice I got a week ago about my website. Alot of mean things were said about my website. I believe I was called a hick with a pressure washer... and other "nice" things. Check the website out now!!! I did the website myself. Saved alot of money. Anyone want to know how I did it I'll tell ya! Hit me up!

My current customers are the middle class or lower, I try to price accordingly. Most of my customer base right now. Yea I have repeat customers.

In here, this thread, some really good stuff for other new companies, and me, to take note of.

Adrian you owe me an appology, just as much as I owe you one.

Noone seen that sign Jeff took down and everyone, just assuming, I did something to someone in here. Looking back I should've took a pic of the sign. It all happened so fast. I bought outdoor signs 2 seasons. 500 each time. Thats alot of money. plus the metal rods. It's a waste of money!

My skils are marketing and sales when I got into this buisiness, 16 years. My first homemade signs were perfect! Took 1 hour to make each one. I remember my girlfriend complaining why I take so long to make each sign!

I put my pgcc cap on and redid the website. With all the hits I get everyday. Im getting more calls and e-mails. Its only been a day! So advice, as harsh as it was... useful.

Please feel free to check out my website and give me your worst. Word it any way you want! Like you have before. Call me a hick, illiterate, whatever. Check it out and give me ya worst! It's acctually appriciated from now on. - Mike

Back to the topic. If the sign is on a public right of way, not a customers property, here in NJ it is illegal.

When I remove signs from a public right of way I am doing a community service, and I will continue to do so.

If one of the guys is with me at a red light and a sign is right next to us I want that sign in my trash bin in the back of the truck in a safe and quick manner.

Keep America beautiful people!

Do you remove all signs, or just signs of other washers?

LOL!!! Aint cuttin me no slack huh? this.. was .. a.. gutter.. cleaning.. sign. capish? You posted on that? Read the thread....

Edited by gutterdog

Michael,

Change can be your friend. Read this book: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Future-Shock-Alvin-Toffler/dp/0553277375]Amazon.com: Future Shock (9780553277371): Alvin Toffler: Books[/ame]

Beth

p.s. your web site is getting better....keep working on it.

For the comment to me, Mike, about "Nose in the air and showing you no respect, and giving me no respect, THAT YOU EDITED........ I expect an apology. A singled out apology.

I have done nothing but help you to the point of putting my head in my hands.

Respect.....is something you will have to earn with me from this point on.

I have kept my cool with you, yet continued to help find answers to your questions.

I am going to ask you, no, insist, that you use the "Search" function to find your answers, because you never listen to the advice everyone has given to you. You only end up diverting the thread in another direction and whine about how you are "sorry after you "re-think" your responses".

After I read your response to me about "no respect" and "undercutting" and " your area" I was about to lay and infraction on your acct. But I stood back and gave it a second to think before I did.

I have to refer to what Ken said and "holding off " on the reponse to your post.

I did that. I am re- reading this thread. and it is no different than any other thread you have posted. I think most would agree that you are bordering an infraction on this board.

You start threads by asking ???'s and then get upset at the responses and turn the thread into something entirely different. A battlezone.

I will be honest with you. Judge it for yourself by the responses of the other members here.

I believe the general consensus is that people on this board are willing to help you,

but, you just don't listen to the advice. It seems like a watste of time dealing with you. I for one (like Rick2 said early on) am not going to offer anymore assistance until you show some professionalism on this forum. Spelling, manners, objectivity, and common respect.

What you said to me was inexcusable and unprofessional in my book.

As far as I am concerned , the only help I am offering is the "search" button at the top right of this page. You need to search before you post a question.

I assure the info that you have recieved prior to this post has come easy for you.

I don't feel ( mostly from everyone's responses to you) the info is going to come as easy from now on from us. Simply because you

1.) Ask your questions

2.) twist our responses

3.) and then start meaninless off topic arguements.

4.) then pretend as if it never happened by offering a lame apology and turn over a new leaf.

Honestly, you have turned over a "new leaf" on ALL of your post' which really translates to no change at all. Just repetition.

Alot of people know me on this and other forums. Plus they know my work.

To tell me that you( before you edited) would "undercut" if I was in your area, is a joke.

I believe everyone knows that I would, can, and will, walk circles around your work and collect twice as much and retain the customer.

Not that it matters to you(obviously) but I feel I need to see some improvement in your conduct here at this forum, before I offer anymore assistance to you.

You keep telling me to go to the archives? Spend 3-4 hours reading and looking for answers to questions I have. When you or someone else could save me alot of time and just tell me. Your help.... " go to the archives of already answered questions"...pass.

Michael,

Change can be your friend. Read this book: Amazon.com: Future Shock (9780553277371): Alvin Toffler: Books

Beth

p.s. your web site is getting better....keep working on it.

REally!!! Thanks Beth!!!!!!! Hey!!!! I'm gonna be up your way monday to buy more chems. I'd love to meet you guys in person. If your not busy. Different when you've met someone! Ya know! I know Henry personally.

Edited by gutterdog

Hey Beth! checked out the book I'm buying it! Not in a position to enjoy extras right now. What I've read... Youve prob already read. How to win friends and influence people, by dale carnegie... and anything by tony Robbins. or Anthony Robbins. " unlimited power" .... There is also the E myth.

the guys that want to mess with my punctuation etc. Dont read those books! There useless... aint worth a toss. So dont read them.

You already know everything anyway.

Edited by gutterdog

William for some reason my public service spirit only comes out when I see a pressure washing sign.

Actually it seems to be just one co that does it and they put them everywhere, it's a disgrace. The other co's that I've seen have been on customers property and I would NEVER touch them, those are legitimate as far as I'm concerned.