Sign in to follow this  
James

Who's getting slammed

Question

This could be a very good sign ? I am getting slammed with washes and other cleanings. Booked work !! Watch the year I scale back on wood the weather will be great. Going forward looks good. All my peep's who did nothing over the last two years are doing full scale cleanings.

Happy washing !!

67 answers to this question

This year has started off really busy! I got 8 calls yesterday....and my advertising budget is about $500 a year! Investing in more equipment, customer management software and work clothes. Hope the weather stays nice and Obamacare doesn't damper any spending!

Daniel Simmons

Katy TX Pressure Washing

Roof Cleaning Katy TX

This is my first real month in the business and I have 3 jobs lined up already, wooo wooo. I haven't done any advertising yet, only word of mouth, so this is looking good!

Happy Washing to all!

This could be a very good sign ? I am getting slammed with washes and other cleanings. Booked work !! Watch the year I scale back on wood the weather will be great. Going forward looks good. All my peep's who did nothing over the last two years are doing full scale cleanings.

Happy washing !!

Booked for the rest of my life

Busy here..... have a real nice chunk of work closed in both residential AND commercial which is nice. Booked out about 2 months already taking everything into account. Doing interviews this week :)

I am so Busy .. Been Cleaning all kind of stuff.. Heck today I had 2 vent hood cleanings ( During the morning hours and the had to go clean out walk in coolers all afternoon.. And I have 3 bids to do tommorrow and now 15 more jobs to do by the end of this month.. Also April is pretty much booked solid...

I have been bust with PW and painting. Have 5 decks lined up that we can hopefully get to next week if the rain holds off. Washing two houses today one for paint prep that we will start painting tomorrow. Other washes lined up for next week. Just sent out letters to all my customers and had the website updated. Hope the work keeps coming.

I am getting slammed also. I was worried as my first year FT and the economy but so far March has been doubling my previous best year. Hired another guy who didnt show up on the first day of work though. Put an ad on craigs list and received 12 responses in a day. 10 of them are either under qualified or over qualified.

Bit off topic - but is putting your employment request on Craigslist worth it or have you seriously wasted more time sifting through a bunch of slackers? Are you just putting your phone number for folks to call?

The past couple of months have been huge. April appears to be lighter, but that could change. May and June are both slammed. My guys are happy. I have started turning them loose more on their own, and doing what I do best. I love sleep.

The past couple of months have been huge. April appears to be lighter, but that could change. May and June are both slammed. My guys are happy. I have started turning them loose more on their own, and doing what I do best. I love sleep.

I heard if you on the bbs or sleeping to much no one should listen to you for advice.

Looking WAY better than last year. Since yesterday morning I've booked 2 decks, a house wash, a Kohls store, and three gas station cleanings (2x per year). Lots of bids out there now, and every time I check e-mail, there's another job lined up. I love having a good customer list!! 2010 is looking good so far....

Who did you speak to about the Kohl's

Was hired by a local landscaping company who has the account for snow plowing and lot maintenance. I was under the impression that they had a national service agreement with some management company, and that may be the case. I think the company that hired me is part of that account, and they are just subbing it out to me. I was going to pass this on to another local washer, but as luck would have it, I am doing a shopping center less than a mile away so I just grabbed it instead. Trust me, I'm not getting rich on it.

Considering this is a side business for me, I'm booked solid through April and subing work out to a partner of mine to be able to accomodate the call volume. Long days for sure!! Got to go into work at my full-time job at the firehouse to get some rest! :p

Blessings everyone~

Seems like it sometimes, huh?? Wouldn't trade it for the world though. Sometimes I just can't believe I actually get paid to hang out with the boys for 24! :dance: Just a shame the FD doesn't pay enough to support a family without needing the side work. :banghead: But, it is what it is, right? I'm thankful for the explosion in business and income though. Feel like I'm working part-time on a full-time basis. Allows my wife to continue to homeschool our children. :nerd:

What department are you with??

2 200+unit condo complexes, 1 large new fleet account, 20 deck restos, 38 houses.........all before april!!!!!!!!!! AND moved back to my house as an office and am saving 4,000 per month on that!! hopefully all the BS will be gone for 2011.