Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

Vehicle

Question

25 answers to this question

My first car was a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba with "fine Coreenthee-an leather"

My favorite car when I was young and single was a 1997 twin turbo Toyota Supra that put out over 630 horses with a 100hp nitrous blast. Now I drive a freakin Altima.

1965 Chevy Impala SS, 327 ci, 2 speed Powerglide trans. in beautiful condition for $500.00. Back then it was "just an old car". It was 12 years old whan I bought it. Next one was a '66 Imp SS convertible. Now own a '94 Imp SS. See a pattern here?

My favorite? A toss up between the '66 SS and a '58 Imp...remember American Grafitti????

My first was a 1967 ford F-100 cherry red. I rebuilt it and beefed up the 352 engine and eventually replaced the old 3 on the tree trans with a 4 on the floor. I really miss that truck!!

My favorite is a toss between a 55 chevy stepside pickup in bright yellow and a 1932 ford coupe in bright yellow Hell yes I remember American Grafitti!!!

'76 Buick Skyhawk. Rusted through the frame in 3 years, the outer door skins flapped in the breeze. Didn't even get 100,000 miles...but I loved it. My favorite is a '67 Chevelle...that I could have Foosed!

My 1st was a Fury III forget the year but it was a monster, bought it for $40.00. Could fit 7-8 people in it & still smoke the tires

I like GTO convertibles

when I was 6 I wanted a hippy mobile, you know with peace & love written on it:groovy2:

My first car was a 1970 mercury montego in mint condition had 70,000 on it when my dad bought it. I sold it and bought a 1973 pontiac firebird 455 400 tranny Holley 750 double pumper 411 gears woodgrain dash from the factory. I miss that car but I wouldn't be able to put gas in it these days.

My first car was supposed to be a 1966(the year I was born) GTO my grandfather(original owner) parked in his barn in the early 70's.In the 81 the house and barn burned along with their pet poodle and the GTO.

I ended up buying a 1970 mustang witha 3 speed.Learned to drive stick shift on I-10 during the 3 hours ride home.

First: 1969 Nova SS, 396 from the factory with 850 Puddledumper on a Weiand track manifold. TH-400 built with Fairbanks gear and 2900 RPM converter. 12 bolt posi from factory. Without traction bars, this beastie would wrap the 5 leaf springs into an S-curve until the passenger side lower shock hanger broke. They say big blocks break parts, they were right! That was a VERY fast car: an honest 12 seconds on pump gas and bias ply L-60's. Handling suffered from nearly seven inches of rake, and an oversprung rear.

My favorite is the car my dad drove when I was a kid: 1968 Plymouth GTX. His was a 440/Torqueflite car with a BM Torqueflite and a 3-barrel carb that flowed more air than a six-pack, basically a four barrel with one giant secondary. This car was remarkably fast and even handled well. Try to find a decent one today, they are like hen's teeth.

66 GTO stock 389 3 speed. Had it until I went in the Navy. Week before I left for boot out ran some cops in a neighboring town (never saw anthing of me except disappearing tail lights). But.... after that I got 1 mile to every 2 qts of oil, when the lifters would stick open I'd pull over and pour in oil until they free'd up.

First car was a 1962 Austin Healey 3000 that I stuffed with a 325HP 327 chevy engine in 1965. Had an entire chevy II deive train except the wire wheels which I proceeded to break the first time I gave the car full power.

Favorite car 1965 Shelby Cobra with 427.

Geeeez. Am I the youngest person here? My first car was a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme. My dream car used to be a a 66 chevy nova until I learned about the Mitsubishi evolution VIII. I've seen one, but never knew how insane they were until I was watching TV the other night and they raced it against a Lamborghini Murcielago. It didn't lose. For $35,000 off the showroom floor you can have a 4 door sedan that does 0-60 in 4.4 secs. Imagine smoking EVERYTHING on the road with your wife and kids in the car and a trunk full of groceries.

Jamie, you might be the youngest and I'm probably the oldest. My first car was a 68 Mustang coupe. I loved it and so did the gals.... I just sold a 1960 Chev Impala 4 door sedan that was "show condition". I didn't have time for her anymore with my pressure washing biz going full tilt in the summer months.:lgtear:The plus side to selling the Impala was being able to buy a new truck and 5.5gpm skid. Life is strange as to what's important at any given moment.....

1950 Pontiac convertible - straight 8 - shaved & dagoed 4" off ground - tuck & roll - drag plate - metallic bronze - laker pipes. Most beautiful rod I have ever seen. I still have photos before I got drunk and wrecked it in 1958. Late model in 1956 - '57 & was the envy of our 'car club' (known as 'gangs' today). Chicks really dug it. I must have looked really cool - caught the attention of first wife (still first wife 48 years later). Couldn't again afford such a classy short therefore followed with a succession of '41 Chevys; '40 Fords; '36 Olds; etc - the cheapos of the day. Even drove a '31 A model for a short time. Wish I had 'em now!

Richard

First car...'74 Plymouth Duster. Not the 340, but the 225 slant 6.

I had a 300ZX twin Turbo with a Bassani exhaust and a chip, which I liked very much, but I think I like my current ride quite a bit too. Its a 2001 F-150 Super Crew, 5.4, 9 PSI ProCharger supercharger and Gibson SuperTruck exhaust. I've got about 430 HP now (350 at the rear wheels). It's a sleeper that will blow the doors of many cars, and almost all trucks! 0-70 is quite a ride in her!

post-1644-137772154691_thumb.jpg

First car...'74 Plymouth Duster. Not the 340, but the 225 slant 6.

I had a 300ZX twin Turbo with a Bassani exhaust and a chip, which I liked very much, but I think I like my current ride quite a bit too. Its a 2001 F-150 Super Crew, 5.4, 9 PSI ProCharger supercharger and Gibson SuperTruck exhaust. I've got about 430 HP now (350 at the rear wheels). It's a sleeper that will blow the doors of many cars, and almost all trucks! 0-70 is quite a ride in her!

Hey are you ever on f-150online forums? I just traded in my f-1fiddy...loved that truck, it was a sleeper with just the things that I did. Superchips tuner by TroyerPerformance, e-fans, underdrive pullies, Mac intake, Magnaflow exhaust....smoked 2 hemis in it. I can't imagine how fast yours is with the supercharger :)

Hi Jon, I use to go on fordtrucks.com a lot until I got kicked off over a misunderstanding. They let me back on, but it ticked me off, so I didn't go back...long story....

I liked to go on f150online.com and still do sometimes, but now since I got my new Titan, I go on Titantalk.com. I really like f150online.com, there are some good, knowledgable guys in there. It's kinda funny to go in there now, owning a Titan. I hear these guys say that they blew the doors off of some Titan and so on, and I just laugh. Unless they have some serious mods, there AINT NO WAY that the Ford would stay in the same zip code as the Titan. I'm saying that as a Ford lover myself. I would buy another Ford truck in a heartbeat, but a couple weeks ago, I tried both out and I thought that the Titan was more bang for the buck overall.

LOL, that's funny! ...I am imagining a guy so impassioned about a truck that the Mod's have to kick him off....must have been some good stuff:)

Interesting about the Titan. Word of advice.....don't get a diesel unless you never, ever want to go back. Hopefully, in the next couple years Ford will get with it and finally put a 4.5L diesel in an F150, they'd distance themselves further from competitors.

Is your Titan lifted, or is that just the max tire size for the truck?? really fills the fenderwells nicely, really good look to it.

I know what you mean about the diesel. My father-in-law has a Chebby with the Duramax, he put one of the "Banks" packages on it and that thing will smoke just about anything that pulls up beside it. It's awesome.

I've been reading for I don't know how long about the 4.5L in the F-150. I don't understand why they don't do it, the guys at Ford would make a lot of friends :) As I understand it, they are putting it in like delivery trucks and things like that.

As for the Titan....yeah, I got a 6 inch lift on there, the tires are 325/65/18's...they stand 35" tall. The gas mileage sure is lousy, but I guess we gotta make sacrifices :)