Sign in to follow this  
John T

Company website using others pictures

Here is the link: The Power Washers of North America Roof Restoration page. and here is what I see just below the pics and before the text: ** This information and photos were reprinted with permission from Vero Under Pressure, LLC in Vero Beach Florida. The PWNA thanks them for their support of the industry. ***

I use Internet Explorer, and see it each time.

We donated pictures to the Pwna and kinda proud of it. But I also thought other people were also doing the same thing too. I thought that so many were donating that I was to be lucky to see just a few of my pictures list on the web site.

Always glad to help out but almost all my pictures were used. Don't know if I just had the better pictures or nobody else sent in to many to choose from?

Made me nervious at first to see most of my pictures. But I would hate to see other people using them. I wonder now how well the pictures are safe guarded? Look at my web site Midwest Mobile Washers and The Power Washers of North America. and compare. We are soon working on a new web site also.

I just hope the pictures are not being copied, I'm proud of them and don't mind for the Pwna to use them. I just hope it stops there?

Tony,

You have a distinctive gold border around your photos. That should make them easy to spot if they are elsewhere on the net. (I know I recognized them :) ) You might consider watermarking them with your logo or company name. We have dome this on may of ours since we got tired of others using them without permission. Asking is one thing, assuming and taking are another.... we never did submit any to PWNA. We didn't want other thinking as members they had a right to them. By the way, very nice photos!

Beth

Here is another person that uses pictures without permission. At least one set belong to Dave Ott, as he spotted his truck in the picture of the dumpster photos.

Take a look at all the pictures over there and see what might be yours.

Lemars Pressure Washing - Pressure Wash Pro's

I bought some equipment and chems from him back in May. I'm surprised he would do something like that. He seemed like a pretty good guy, and was selling his equipment off.

I'm really surprised that site is still up, I'm nearly positive he;s totally out of the business.

He hasn't been on TGS since 19 May, I bought the stuff from him the day after that.

Here is another person that uses pictures without permission. At least one set belong to Dave Ott, as he spotted his truck in the picture of the dumpster photos.

Hmm, I recognize the top photo on his housewashing page. I waited an extra hour for the after shot. Funny now, since I saw this thread I started putting an id on any photos I post.

It is a very strange feeling to see your work on someone elses website.I contacted the company and it was resolved quickly.Jon makes a good point.But actually seeing someone take credit for my work really iritates me.

There are methods to discourage or even possibly prevent theft of photos/logos/graphics from web sites. I'm spending a ton of time at the moment constructing a photo gallery for an eventual business web site and would be real *issed if someone stole the work.

Another thread here discussed this to a point....

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/gadgets-gizmos-pc-help/9303-disable-right-click-2.html

I posted some info in the last post on the page. Have not tried any of the techniques yet but they do look promising.

We put ''images property of ppc"at the top of every before and after page and entered the disable code.When you click on an image "right click disabled" pops up.We are going to change that to "property of ppc".Hopefully this will deter someone.I can't imagine being a deck pro and having my pics stolen.I'm getting mad about moldy pictures.A newly sealed deck is a work of art.

Disable right click does not work. If you know code or have certain browsers it will still allow. Also they have just printed off the entire page and then scanned it back in and cropped picture out on some occasions. The more marks I put on pictures the more they just crop. Watermarks and others on good photo imaging can be removed no matter what. This has happened through a design company who also took my pictures. They didn't like being shut down either.

Disable right click does not work. If you know code or have certain browsers it will still allow. Also they have just printed off the entire page and then scanned it back in and cropped picture out on some occasions. The more marks I put on pictures the more they just crop. Watermarks and others on good photo imaging can be removed no matter what. This has happened through a design company who also took my pictures. They didn't like being shut down either.

You don't even have to print and scan...just do a "print screen" to the clipboard, and paste it into a photo editor, crop out the garbage, and you have the picture.

Hmmm......seems the page has gone missing ?

Celeste

I think you are right, Firefox has a plug-in that allows one to extract images from a page. Just put your company name on the photo over the work for the most part leaving little more than the actual job. After that, oh well. At least you cut down the amount of available photo which is part of the deterrent.

Rod!~

I found another site pretty much plagerizing mine and even using my motto on their front page.We put a lot of time and effort into the site and it burns me up when every other start up uses it to pick and choose what they want on their site.Their are a lot of great sites out there I took notice of before we created ours.It was a challenge to be original and not to rip off everybody else.I just wish others would show me the same courtesy!Beth,How would I go about copywrighting my motto?